“Good location”

NH Den Haag
Ranked #7 of 68 Hotels in The Hague
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Good hotel, very close to downtown Den Haag (the Hague) and Central station. Very good breakfast! The hotel is near a residential area, it is a very quiet neighbourhood. However, small cosy 'eet cafes' and restaurants are very close by. My room was ok, nothing special to mention. The hotel is more suitable for businessmen, I thought.

Room Tip: Seems to be good to organise a conference.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,355)

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip of three weeks and my experience in terms of service quality was diverse. While I had no problems during the first week of my stay, the quality of room service (providing shampoo, shower gel, cleanliness in general) was steadily decreasing. During the last week I was under the impression that, apart from making up the bed (at least), nothing else was happening in my room (e.g. Cleaning, changng towels). Highlite was the breakfast which was most times really good, offering a wide selection of cheese, cold meats, egg, bacon, fresh juices etc. Disappointing was the fact that no sports facilities are included at all but are available only at an extra charge at for me not acceptable/worthwhile opening hours. The personnel at reception was friendly but the competence in serving the guests needs varied. All in all my experience was staying at this hotel for too long turns out to be somewhat of a gamble. Good luck!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed here for 6 days and it was a very good experience, The staff of the hotel is very friendly and the rooms are very good.

Breakfast is great, with many choices and a lot of good cheese, ham and fresh fruits, but lunch sometimes is not the best for a 4 stars hotel. Sometimes the meat was cold and the paella was very bad. Coffee at the restaurant is very good too.

If you stay here you will have a great location and good accomodation and service, but don´t expect to have good food for lunch.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with view to the city. There are some rooms facing to a neighbor building.
3  Thank Freddy M
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This a great place to stay. Cost about US$300 but money worth. The hotel is close to the train station making it ideal to go around Hague. The food here might get bit repetitive but there are several restaurants close by. The rooms are great and the service is good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I have stayed here for a couple of times, because of its location which is next to my office. I am very disappointed that the reception is still writing my name wrongly after correcting them. It is awfully disrespectful! Let me give you a suggestion, why not just ask for the guest's passport or ID card to get the name right? And please remind your staff not to assume the guest's name by just keying in 2 alphabets of the first name. This doesn't work!

When I first checked in and noticed the mistake, I went to the reception and informed the staff. Then I had to switch to a different room because of this. Despite the extra effort, I was placed in room 905 which is the noisiest room I have ever stayed in! The raindrops on the windowsill outside sounded like heavy footsteps which kept waking me up from my sleep. I did not bother to switch to a different room since I was only staying for a night for this trip. I had to check out early the next morning due to work so I quickly got my receipt and get going. To my surprise, the name printed on the receipt is still the wrong name! I have to say this is my worst experience at a 4 star hotel! The front-line staff definitely need some training to improve their customer service!

Room Tip: Make sure you are not assigned to room 905 if you are a light sleeper!
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed five pleasant days in this hotel for a conference organised by my Ministry. Busineslike lobby, comfortable rooms with a good atmosphere, helpful reception. Breakfast is really up to standards, not cheap though .The hotel is five minutes from the Central station in an area full of government and other offices. I wouldn't hesitate to go back for any stay, wher I have to deal with appointments in this part of The Hague.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JosvanA
Reviewed 24 January 2014

It was a very short stay, it's a nice hotel well located for a business trip, the rooms are of good size and confortable, the area is a bit noisy so if you are sensible to noise, check if your room is well isolated.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business