“Great decor and atmosphere and get the caipirinha”
Review of Popocatepetl

Popocatepetl
Ranked #609 of 1,433 Restaurants in The Hague
Price range: US$29 - US$37
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Zuidwal
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I went here for dinner with a friend in the December. The place has a nice vibe, great décor (lots of sombreros). I ordered the caipirinha which was awesome. The wings I had as a starter was ok (like what I'd make at home). I had fajitas as my main. The tortillas were really soft, beef was ok but a bit chewier than I'd like. The fajitas are big enough for 2 people. Overall , it was a good dinner here. My friend said the burritos are great. I'd visit again

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Ate here on the off chance on New Year's Day. It's busy and fun, service slowish, food huge portions do pretty standard Mexican.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We have just left this place and are racking our brains to recall a worse meal EVER! We are not in Den Haag as tourists - we have lived here almost 5 years now. We have never gone in this place although we live a block away due to all the negative things we have heard. But we decided we would form our own opinion and try it out, as we were craving Mexican food. In spite of the horrible decor, we resisted our strong urge to leave. Our thinking was,"how bad can it be?" We ordered a combination plate and a quesadilla plate, along with a 1/2 liter pitcher of margaritas. My husband forced down part of a taco and I ate some black beans and the garnish off my plate. We could not eat anything else as it was so bad. I was unsure that the meat used in the quesadilla was actually chicken - whatever it was tasted greasy and old and it looked liked nothing I have ever seen. Even the tortilla chips were stale and the margaritas were so bitter that we didn't even finish them either! Horrible experience all around!

1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Decent menu to chose from I normally go for the fajitas or burritos both are normally very good. The decor could do with some updating and maybe a few more nights as it's quite dark inside. The service was good but the best by far at this restaurant are their jugs of frozen margaritas.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We ate here this evening. There was a wait to get the order in but once it was taken the starters appeared very quickly. The calmare was excellent, well cooked and not rubbery as it often is in the UK. My partner had the deep fried cheese balls which she enjoyed. Main courses of burrito and enchilada followed soon after and these too were very good. A good meal at a decent price.