“I can absolutely recommend this hotel!”

Hotel Diamonds And Pearls
Ranked #34 of 72 Hotels in Antwerp
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
“I can absolutely recommend this hotel!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

On the moment I am staying a lot in hotels for work. I am already used to the fact that the hotel is normally less nice then on the pictures. But this hotel I can highly recommend!! The room was even nicer then on the pictures and the owners were very nice and helpful. After mentioning that the internet didn't work, it was directly fixed and I enjoyed a fast internet connection the rest of the stay. The fact that I had to call the first time didn't bother me, because there was already someone within 2 minutes and I was able to call true the doorbell so I didn't had to use my foreign phone for this. The hotel is located in the center of town and I was able to walk to everywhere. Next time I am in Antwerp I will absolutely return to this very charming, nice and clean hotel!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in room number 1
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CharlotteTelAviv

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mol, Belgium
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Charming B&B in the middle of the historical center of Antwerp. We stayed in a very charming room. The room was large and comfortable, with old, authentic, stylish furnishings and a beautiful wooden floor. The staff was not always in the house but could be reached by phone any time and was very friendly and had good suggestions for restaurants in the neighbourhood. The location is very nice, near the Cathedral and lots of restaurants. The only disadvantage of the central location was the noice from the people on terraces in the street
when the windows were open. We stayed here in the summer. During winter, this should be a very quite place (no cars allowed in the street). If you stay here in summer, try to get a room at the back of the building.

Room Tip: We stayed in room number 1, on the first floor. A wonderful room. The rooms at the back of the build...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Stockholm
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Diamonds & Pearls has a very good location, close to the cathedral and the main square. Lots of restaurants in the area. Nice quite large room with balcony (room 2 on first floor). Stairs very steep and narrow, typical for an old house. No reception, when you arrive you have to call a number to check in, but the man in charge came within a minute. Excellent breakfast - coffee, smoked salmon, fresh bread, orange juice, ham, salami etc. Free internet although quite slow. Public parking close to the hotel, € 18 per day. Overall a rather good hotel with a perfect location for a tourist. Also very cheap, only € 65 per night excluding breakfast.

Room Tip: Room no 2, first floor, can be recommended since it is not facing the street and thus no disturbing...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
IJmuiden, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 May 2013

A modern, cosy hotel with an excellent location. The service was good and the room was very comfortable... The hotel is in the middle of the centre of Antwerp, evrything is in walking distance. The staff was very friendly and helpful... We had an unforgettable weekend...

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Unfortunately we have chosen the hotel in a very good location, but with a very poor servise. We got the impression, it is a restaurant first of all and only besides it a hotel at the same time. Becouse the restaurant was closed, we had to call with our own mobile phones somebody who could open the door. Waiting under the -3 temperature outdoors with the luggage was not the best impression of Antwerp. The person who opend the door has not even led us in the room and didnt explain where we could get some water or tea. To find out the wi-fi code we had to call from our phones as well and feel us unwelcome and disturbing.
The room was quite ok, except of the uncomportable very soft bed with a huge slit in the middle, broken shower door, (but with a cute self-made curtain in place of it) and may be not the best view to the other windows and walls. After waiting another 3 hours the room was heated anough to feel oneself comfortable, couse bevor our arrivel every radiator was far-sightedly left on zero.
We were lucky to have our own shower gel and so on, couse there would be absolutely no opportunity to get it anywhere in the whole hotel or the neighbourhood.
The next day we had to lay the key on the bar with anybody else there and leave.
I suppose it may be much better in this hotel in the other season. May be when they have anough other tourists to host, it is then more worth for them to be friendly and helpful.
I wish the other visitors of Antwerp good luck and much pleasure in that wonderful city, which is worth seeng anyway!

Room Tip: not the triplex room.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elena U

Travellers are raving about these Antwerp hotels

Bergen aan Zee, The Netherlands
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I've had a very very bad experience with Diamonds and Pearls. My room was horrible and a dangerous place to sleep: all the curtains were made of highly inflamable material and they all were in direct contact with electric heaters. Highly inflamable! Furthermore they had pile carpet in the room and dust rags against the wall. Not very comfortable for allergic/asthmatic people.

Last: asked for a bill which they did not have. They promised to e-mail it... I am still waiting. I've called 6 times, e-mailed 12 times: NOTHING. I've heard several excuses of which the boldest one was: "I've been in the hospital for two months".

A horrible place. I would most definitely not recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Klaas D
Worcester
Reviewed 27 November 2012

On arrival we found the door locked & had to telephone for someone to let us in. Someone arrives 15 minutes later. Kindly offered to help take the baggage into the hotel. There we are faced with what can only be described as mountain climbing to get to the room. The steps are very, very, very step & narrow. There were 4 flights to get to the room. They were informed that this booking was for a family with a four year old. To late to cancel as they process your cards Asap. The room was not great more an open space with beds & a TV. There is no tea making facilities & you have to go all the way down the flights of stairs & back up again. The fire escape was very poor & I would have been very worried if we had to try & use it. Only staff you see are at breakfast.(one friendly lady). You will not see any staff at any other time. No phone, no bar its as sparse as it comes. The only thing it has in its favour is it is in the old town but nothing else. On the last night & for breakfast I had to go buy tea bags as they had run out & not purchased more. Asked for a bill which they did not have & said they would it be emailed - still waiting. This the worst hotel I have ever stayed at & I would not recommend it. Says it has a bar & restaurant but it has not. It reads like a great hotel until you get there & you find that its all a lie.

Room Tip: Do not book one,
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family