“Highly recommended”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antwerp
Boulevard Leopold Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 112 Antwerp B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We loved Boulevard Leopold because of the beautifully decorated homely feel, and the personal hospitality that Martin provided. Close to transport to the city - 5 minutes away, breakfast included was lovely, and was a glamourous home to come back to after a day in gorgeous Antwerp.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 November 2012

We flew to Charleroi Airport then travelled by train to Antwerp, was 5 euros by booking on-line in the UK and printing off etickets !! bargain ........ took around 1hr 50 mins, the B&B is not ideally located if you want to easily walk into the town of Antwerp, which is why I have initially scored this down from a 5. After spending more than an hour trying to find the B&B on foot we finally ordered a taxi. The B&B is beautiful, the interior design is unusual and full of character. Our room was huge, warm, inviting and despite being on a busy road not as noisy as we were anticipating. There is a large 'gas' fire, which gave the room a cosy, comfortable feel, the heat could be altered with a remote control! Initially there was no tea and coffee making facilities, however Martin was extremely helpful and brought us a kettle and provisions so we could have a cup of tea in our room. The biggest disappointment was not having the room serviced, we stayed 2 nights/3 days and were surprised to find when we got back after our first night, having spent a full day in Antwerp, the bed was still 'unmade' and the towels etc were still where we had left them, hence my reason for scoring 3 out of 5 overall. It's a shame as this B&B was of a 4/5* quality, not sure if Martin just forgot to service the room or it was 'normal' that it would not be cleaned. We did not mention this to Martin, maybe in hindsight we should have done this. There was no access to communal areas, other than at breakfast time, where the breakfast room was accessed via the owners living room, however our room was large and other than maybe wanting to socialise with other guests, you do have space to sit and read, etc. in the room. We stayed in Room 3, lots of stairs to climb but that's normal in Belgium bed and breakfasts we soon learned. The host, Martin, was really helpful and nothing was too much trouble, breakfast was enjoyable and you were not left hungry. Martin was also really helpful advising about transport, sites, shopping, eating out. Overall the place is fantastic, hopefully the non cleaning was just a foresight on Martin's part, and if you want to be away from the centre you can catch a tram within a few minutes walk of the B&B.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeandipUk
BoulevardLeopold, Owner at Boulevard Leopold Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Thank you for your review and stay with us.
About your remarks, I would first of all like to state that the 4/5 rating on tripadvisor is not 4/5 hotel stars, we are not a hotel, but a rating of guests how they value their stay here, so the comment that we don't live up to the 5 star rating is not an issue here.
If you don't know your way in a city I would suggest you take a taxi to start with or at least ask me for directions, it's a 10min walk from the train station and 5 min by Metro. So there was no reason for walking around the city for more than an hour.
In every room there is a Nespresso machine present, I only offered you the water boiler because you prefered to drink tea.
Not servicing the room is a choice we make because we respect the privacy of our guests, and we are always willing to change towels and service the room if anyone would request this.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

My husband and I just spent 4 wonderful nights in Martin and Patricia's terrific house. The location was great...the public transportation was just a very short walk away. Martin gave us a map and marked all the routes for us so it made travel around the city very easy.

Room Tip: We stayed in apt #1,,,it was beautiful and very spacious...we enjoyed sitting by the fireplace in th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie Y
BoulevardLeopold, Owner at Boulevard Leopold Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Thank you for your kind review.
It was a pleasure having you as our guests.
Hope to see you next time you visit Antwerpen !
Kind regards,
Martin & Patricia

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Boulevard Leopold and most importantly Martin and Patricia are absolutely fabulous, it might sound like a cliche however it really did feel like we had spent the weekend with good friends.
We were brought to Antwerp for a friends wedding and we were constantly running in and out to attend various events with the wedding party over the weekend. Martin always went out of his way to call us a taxi and was always super helpful to arrange restaurants and offer up local information.
We stayed in Apartment 02 and it was just divine. We had our bed on a mezzanine level with a gorgeous skylight where we laid in bed in the morning admiring the beautiful blue sky above us. The room also has a beautiful role-top bath which I had to say even as a shower addict it was so enjoyable to take the time to run a bath and soak our body after a lot of dancing during the wedding, it was so therapeutic and it really made it feel like an indulgent holiday.
Having read a previous review about taking your own shower gel, I brought a little travel version of my favourite shower gel and bubble bath solution to thoroughly enjoy and would recommend.
Finally I would just like to say that even though the building is stunning and the room was something I would actually rent to live in, what makes Boulevard Leopold are Martin and Patricia, they are just so fabulous and I remember before going on this trip I read a few reviews and I can not believe how anyone can find them unhelpful they are simply the perfect hosts and I thank them for the lovely stay and I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: The apartment was lovely and spacious however all the rooms looked amazing also.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Spent four nights here with my girlfriend and had an amazing stay. Very cool, unique renovated house. Interesting and comfortable rooms. Location is a long walk from downtown (20 minutes), but is easy with convenient public trans if you're comfortable with it.

Martin was very helpful with recommendations and got us reservations at some amazing restaurants. Recommended.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jgertt
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Martin and Patricia the owners have done an amazing job with their stunning house in Antwerp. I stayed ther with my mum in apartment 1 and it was everything I thought it would be and more. They were very helpful giving us advice on great restaurants to go to and places to see. The apartment and the area that you had breakfast in were just beautiful and I couldn't stop taking pictures.
Our only niggle was that we booked the apartment for the second bed and it wasn't made up and there was no bed linnen handy to make the bed. As we arrived late at night we didn't want to make a fuss. The main bed was really big (and comfy) so we ended up sharing for the rest of our time there. If you get this apartment and want the second bed I would ask in advance. The second thing, and this is miner, it would be nice the have a few little toilettries with the room. I would have loved a bit of bubble bath so I could have really enjoyed the massive clawfoot bathtub! Take your own, you won't regret it! All and all I would reccomend this to anyone who was visiting Antwerp and wants somewhere beautiful, original and with bags of character. What are you waiting for? Book this B n B now!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Camilla101
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Everything, seriously, everything in this place is perfect. It goes from the walls, to the decorations, to the doorknobs, to the knife at the breakfast table and even the radiator in the room. I couldn't stop looking around, discovering new amazing things every time.

We stayed for 2 nights in Room 1, the one with the big black bathtub next to the bed. It was perfect, the bed feels like a marshmellow, so soft and perfect. Falling asleep was no problem for me. The tub is so big I could lay in it entirely (and I'm a tall girl, so that's a first time for me). People who prefer to shower, no problem, there is one in a seperate bathroom. The people were really nice and friendly. Gave advice on the public transport, parking and what to do and what to see and very nice in conversation.

Breakfast is perfect. Several sorts of bread, all fresh and still warm from the oven (you wake up from the smell of breakfast and it makes you want to get out of bed and go eat). Fresh orangejuice, eggs (the way you want them), coffee, tea, fresh fruits, cereals, yoghurt with strawberries. Just lovely.

The tram stops just 200m away from the front door. You never have to wait long, and it brings you right to the center of the city. It's in the Jewish quarter, so that's quite a impressive thing (I think). And the supermarket was closed on Saturday (for sabbat) but open on sunday. Different, but interesting. But the buildings are beautiful and it's a great place to walk around, with the park around the corner.

Perfect B&B if you are looking for that romantic, one of a kind place.
Thank you for the great weekend!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lotte D
BoulevardLeopold, Owner at Boulevard Leopold Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Lotte,
Thank you for the kind review.
It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we 're glad you enjoyed your stay here.
Martin & Patricia