“Mixed fortunes”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Since we were on our way to Berlin we thought to give it a try. I had a pasta bolognese which was fine and my wife choose steak. When she asked what sort of steak was on offer the waiter didn't know. When it came it was so tough she could not finish it. Should've complained but were too tired. Staff were attentive. Wine was not great for what they charged.

There are newer reviews for Berlin

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I came here for a quick tasty bite and that is what i got. The cheese and shrimp croquettes were good and came with a small but jummie salad. To go with it we got some brown and white bread. Nothing special but all for a very good price.

We did not encounter the issues with the staff. Our waiter was friendly and service was fast.

1  Thank Ellen_and_Pedro
Reviewed 5 April 2013

it amazes me that the Berlin is still a popular cafe in Antwerp. The friendliness of the beginning years are long gone; in fact, they have lost focus on the customer. Plainly rude and impolite and even worse when we said that we didn't appreciate their style. I talked to my Antwerp friends about this and they admitted that the service at the Berlin has a nasty reputation. My god, what a ghastly place!

Reviewed 6 February 2013

I´ve already ate here!
I ate a nice Stoofvlees met frietjes (15.90€) and 2 glasses of rioja red wine
Good service.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

We came in for a coffee and the service was horrible.
The waiter was rude. i also got my drink with whipped cream which when i was asked about it said NO. the waiter was busy cracking rude jokes with himself so i guess he didn't pay attention to our order.

there are lots of lovely places in Antwerp, just not worth the time or money.

oh..and the toilet stunk like crazy, we had to move tables cos the smell was too strong!