“beautiful restaurant”
Review of De Peerdestal

De Peerdestal
Reserve with
De Peerdestal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 1,498 Restaurants in Antwerp
Price range: US$31 - US$111
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Nice place if you enjoy belgian food. Very good location in the city centre. Only thing, I didn t like the main course even though well prepared. I could appreciate it, but it was way too fat for me with the souce and everything.

1  Thank lauragabi
There are newer reviews for De Peerdestal

Reviewed 14 January 2012

I read about this place on tripadvisor, so we checked it out and got good good value for money. Nough said, i ll let the photos speak

1  Thank jimmybeumer1978
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We eat two meals there - the New Year special menu and the a la carte the next day. The first one was expensive but every mouthful was delicious. The staff made us feel very welcome. We loved it so much we booked a table for the next day whilst we were still eating. The second day we had e €40 menu which came with three courses, a glass of cava and two bottles of wine! We both had horse steak which just melted in the mouth. We can't wait to return to try more of the menu

1  Thank Cennet53
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Very tasty meal, good value and a very interesting menu for the adventurous!

1  Thank Kirwar
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Arrived in Antwerp today not knowing anywhere so consulted trip advisor to find a good restaurant. De Peerdestal was in the top 10 and sounded a bit different offering up a few horse steaks as options. Hey, I'm up for trying something new!

Friendly welcome, comprehensive menu - although the English translations could have been a bit clearer. The restaurant is very charming inside with exposed brick work but with a warm feel.

My fiancé ordered fillet steak and I ordered the large horse steak, both with chips. We partnered this with a bottle of Malbec which was beautiful. I had never tried horse before and I was surprised at how tasty it was. Beautifully cooked, great pepper sauce. As expected, the fillet steak was also perfectly cooked and was delicious.

For desert we shared what was described as a layered chocolate tart, which I was told would be strong (which I took for rich). It was actually very sweet for mynliking and not at all rich, but we still devoured the lot!

Finished it all off with an expresso and a cappuccino. The expresso is the only thing I would give a negative review about however this was negated by the bowl of malteaser type chocolates which were to die for.

All in all, a fantastic meal in Antwerp. Would definitely recommend.

2 mains, bottle of wine, 1 beer, bottle of water, desert and 2 coffees - €99.

1  Thank Darload