Eden Antwerp
US$77
US$132
US$122
  • Breakfast included
Astoria Hotel Antwerp(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$99
Crowne Plaza Antwerpen(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$140
US$99
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewscentral stationfree hot drinksbreakfast roomfive minute walksecure parkingbreakfast was excellenteasy accessthe air conditioningbedsfixturesgarageeuros
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Even though I stayed at the hotel on a business trip, I would still make use of it for a leisure trip with family or friends. It's good value. Centrally located, with a number of shops and restaurants nearby, including diamond shops if that's of interest! staff is friendly. Only problem is the wifi connection - it is way too poor.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lili_2406
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is no 5 star hotel, but it delivered on the important points. We used Antwerp as a base to explore. If you stay near the train station, it's not unreasonable to take daytrips to other cities in Belgium, including Brussels. We saved a bundle of money by not staying in Brussels, even when you factor in train tickets.

The room was clean and the bed was amazing. Really that's all you need when you're out from early morning to late at night. I'd rather have them spend money on a fantastic mattress than on incidental décor. Décor won't get you a good night's sleep.

The rest was mediocre -the room was small, breakfast was expensive so we didn't eat there. But who cares? The price was incredibly cheap with the deal we got, especially compared to hotels in Brussels. Very convenient to walk from the train station late at night without having to worry about finding a cab. And did I mention how amazing the bed was?

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gregsf11
Reviewed 30 March 2014

A verry good room ,perfect bed and bathroom.
5 min. from the central station.
The staff was verry friendly.
Nice hotel in the center off The City,for business and family.
The restaurants and museums are 15 min walk.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2014

A few minutes' walk from the central train station but off the noisy, main shopping thoroughfare, this hotel is perfect for those looking for no-frills but clean accommodation while they explore this fun city. Trams and buses are close-by, and the old city center is only 20 minutes' walk. The front desk staff was friendly and professional, and while the room was nothing special, it was clean with a decently comfortable bed and predictable hot water supply. Depending on your neighbors, noise could be a problem - if this is an issue for you, ask for a room where you'll be more 'isolated." The hotel street is pretty shabby, but it didn't feel unsafe.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank PNWKay
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I had room 307 for a single night. It's a standard double non-smoking room.
I booked it via Booking.com and scored a -10% Last-Minute deal, without breakfast (that would have been € 12,50 extra).
The best part about the room (to me) was the bed and the bathroom.

The Hotel:

Although the appearance of the street it's located in could use some improvements the hotel looks clean and is less than 10 minutes walking from the Antwerp Central train station and a major public transport hub at the Roosevelt Square. This central location makes it ideal for exploring the city, shopping trips, business trips, theatre events, etc.
You're greeted at the reception in both Dutch and English. Staff is very friendly, and available 24hrs a day.

The Room:

Overall the room was clean and comfortable, which is what's most important about a room.
The bed offered two soft pillows and a set of sheets per person. There's a small open closet with hangers, air-conditioning with remote control, a chair, a stool and something I decided must have been a luggage carrier because it didn't look very comfortable and it was too high for an extra stool, but was ideal for unpacking.

Having said that, it's the little things that make or break a room, and some things made the room slightly less appealing.
Biggest downside to me was the pay-per-view TV for 8 international channels (no local channels offered for free either). All tables have stains from tea/coffee mugs or alike. A light fixture was missing its cap. Electric plugs in the wall needed fixing.
The provided closet space was ok for my single night, but if you stay up to a week you might not find the available space sufficient... perhaps that's why there's a luggage carrier, so you can keep several items stored in there but still have easy access.

The Bathroom:

It was compact but offered the basic requirements and was very nicely designed in a modern black & white decor. Personally I would love having this bathroom at home!
I read a hairdryer was available upon request at the reception desk (not that I need one but I thought I'd mention it).

Remarks:

Upon check-out the transaction terminal asks you if you would like to give a tip (of 7.5 %). Due to my haste I didn't properly read the text on the terminal and pressed OK and my card-number a second time. Call me oldfashioned (at age 28), but personally I think this should be asked by the reception clerck, not a machine.

Conclusion:

I am aware I booked one of the most basic rooms available, but compared to other Sandton hotels this particular hotel is in need of a basic renovation to handle the minor touch-up it needs.
Still, it's generally well maintained and all the rooms are clean. So for a single solo night I thought this room was adequate. If you're staying longer I'd suggest trying to get a superior room.

Room Tip: Room 307 is located in a short side-hallway on the third floor. There are no floors above this particular side-hallway so you won't get any noise from above you. There are other rooms like this on the 3rd floor but I don't know how many or in which comfort level.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeroen C