“I wish I could keep it a secret”
Review of Bart-A-Vin

Bart-A-Vin
Ranked #93 of 1,579 Restaurants in Antwerp
Price range: US$22 - US$29
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I have travelled to Antwerp regularly for ten years and have eaten in many average restaurants in the city centre. We found this restaurant on Tripadvisor and i can honestly say, we now will not be eating anywhere else. Bart's welcome was warmhearted and sincere, taking time to explain the courses on offer and tempting us with an amazing array of wines suited to our individual tastes. The atmosphere was intimate and relaxed and the food simple, unfussy but bursting with flavour. A truly personal experience I can't wait to repeat.

1  Thank SmilingHamster

Reviewed 6 November 2013

An absolute highlight if you enjoy genuine and exciting food & wines. The restaurant kept its authenticity with regard to decor and the service, food and wine choice is simply amazing. We took the mixed vegetables with mozzarella stracciatella, the 'couteaux de mer', as a main course the tartar (maybe a hint too much basil for my taste) and the Rib Eye. All dishes were of excellent produce and very tasty! The Riesling bubbles as an aperitif, the white wine 'the flower & the bee' (never heard of the grape 'Treixadura' before) were amazing and a great recommendation. The crème brulee is exactly how a crème brulee should be! Worth going out of the center and out of so many 'mainstream' Belgian restaurants! This is for sure a culinary experience! Well done, mannen!

1  Thank Milanmcm
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Staying in Antwerp for the weekend for my Mum's 70th birthday, we asked our hotel to book the restaurant for us. We took a taxi there, and from our arrival we were treated like Queens!

Bart was so warm and welcoming, making excellent wine suggestions to match the food we chose, which was outstanding. It was all so original and some amazing flavour combinations. Everything is cooked in front of you bad we loved watching everything happening.

I would thoroughly recommend it, and would honestly return to Antwerp just to visit the restaurant.

1  Thank TravellingZanna
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Bart lies some way from the centre, in a semi-industrial district; we got there by Metro but came back by cab as we were a bit worried about the neighbourhood.

The service was very attentive and most of the food superb, although my wife (wheat intolerant) struggled to find a starter she really liked. The Porcetta main course was to die for. I loved the wines. We had 3 courses and 2-3 glasses of wine each, and the bill came to around 110 Euros, which I felt was great value considering the high quality of the food and wine.

3  Thank Simon M
Reviewed 16 August 2013

How many times do you go to a restaurant and come away feeling "Well, it was ok, nothing special, may as well have stayed at home and saved myself a bit of money". Not here. My two teenagers and I caught the number 6 tram and had a bit of a walk to get to this establishment so I really, really did not want to leave wishing I had not bothered and I didn't.

Proper restaurant, proper food, a clientele which recognises quality when it is plonked in its lap and all wrapped up with interesting surroundings and two men running the show in a plainly committed way.

My children said I was flirting with Bart. I'll have you know I was not: I just liked his mussels. Boom boom!

1  Thank holsol