“Large Portions”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Belgian, French, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Cosy restaurant! We only ordered a main dish because we didn't have a lot of time. Fortunately we didn't order a starter because the main dish was huge. So great value. I ordered the "vispannetje" (seafood in pan with sauce) and my boyfriend the steak. He didn't like the steak because of the "smoked" taste of the steak, I didn't either. The seafood was nice but slightly too salty to our taste. I still rate the restaurant 4 stars because I would come again to try other dishes. And the service was good.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We went here on a weekend trip to antwerp. It's a small place, close to the big church in the middle of the city.
It has a nice and cosy atmosphere, it's a busy little place mainly filled with Belgians who come to enjoy a nice dinner. This is usually a good sign. It does mean you will need to reserve before you go (all people who came in without a reservation could not be seated).
On the menu they serve several Belgium dishes. They were "simple" but lovely, really fitted in with the atmosphere of the place.
The waiters were friendly and quick with the drinks and food.
So good place to have your dinner if you are looking for a good meal.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

This was a lovely restaurant in Antwerp city centre - with so many great reviews; it was hard not to go there. One major tip I will give - make a reservation. We watched so many people walk in hoping to get a table and were rejected because they were so busy. The menu had so many good options it was very difficult for my boyfriend and I to pick something. And the food came, well timed, with hearty portions. The price was fair, the service was nice. The design of the place was interesting, I was completely in love with the climbing plants that dominated the walls and barristers and banisters, while my boyfriend preferred the pirate candles. All in all, a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My last day in Antwerp I had dinner at the Pottekijker, oh my what a great choice I made, the restaurant is so cozy and warm, low romantic lighting, frendly staff with a smile in the faces all the time and the food was GREAT ! tasty, more than we could eat so make sure you will go there without having eaten anything before, also make sure you'll make reservations because it might be a trouble finding a table.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is one of the best restaurants I've ever been to, period. The service is friendly and is happy to help out. The food is simply amazing as well.

Let's start with the plates, they're HUGE! There's no chance that you'll eat again in the next two weeks after you ate their mixed grill, it's delicious and I personally recommend it to anyone. There's a picture attached as well if anyone is interested.

Their tables, however, are too small for four people, this could take some improvement, but now I'm just being dishonest.

Amazing.