“Great Value!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Budget Flats Antwerp
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was VERY impressed with my stay at Be-Housing Budget Flats. Whilst the furnishings may have been a bit basic (the bed was quite simple), it was otherwise very cosy and offered great value. There was a minor problem with hot water which got sorted by staff within minutes. The location is good and I would recommend it to friends.

I would DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Citysam
Be-Housing G, Manager at Budget Flats Antwerp, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive review of your stay at one of our residences! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Budget Flats Antwerp. It is very nice to hear that our staff solved the problem with the hot water quickly and we hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Be-Housing Group

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Stayed there August 2013 for a week - very central location. It really is your own apartment, so with a bathroom (mine with a bath tub), a kitchen (fridge, hob, microwave), and a telly.
Only two minutes from the very lively Coninckplein and four minutes from the equally interesting St. Jansplein. Really close to the central station as well.

Rented a bike at the central station. Not expensive at all & no deposit required! Great way to move about in Antwerp.

Did need to buy a plug for the bath tub myself - since there wasn't one! If you're in the same situation: it's 43.5 mm wide, and you can buy it at the hardware store at the St. Jansplein for 1,20 euro. Do give the kitchen a bit of a cleaning as you arrive.

Other than that, had a really nice stay!

Room Tip: If you choose a double room / studio, some of them will have a bath tub... Take a sponge / scourer...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dirk H
Be-Housing G, Manager at Budget Flats Antwerp, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Mr/Mrs,

Thank you for your positive review of your stay at Budget Flats Antwerp! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you again in the near future!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

This place is a bit spartan but the best value I could find. The surrounding area appears a bit dodgy but I had no problems and left my motorbike parked out on the street over night. The room I had was huge with a small kitchen that I only used for coffee in the morning. Check in times are a bit limited but if you arrange for a late check in they set you up with a way of checking in unassisted which is very easy. Overall good value for money and I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr,

Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012

We had a great experience at Budget Flats. The lady who checked us in was friendly and knowledgable. She gave us a map and showed us some points of interest to see and gave us a couple of recommendations.
The room was clean, with simple but modern furnishings. The only issues we had were minor, the internet was slow, even the "high speed" we paid extra for, but not so bad that we couldn't check emails or make bookings for other cities. The kitchen could be supplied with a bit better cooking pans because they were a bit small.
Antwerp is a great city and the Apartments helped us enjoy it even more.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David S
Dear Mr/Mrs,

Amsterdam
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

Shoddy beyond belief. The code for the door was changed while I was out, and the idiots who run this place shoved a piece of paper under the door to alert me to the fact, although they had both my telephone number and my e-mail address.

Several weeks later, I received an invoice for an alleged missing hair dryer. There was none that I'd noticed in the flat, and I told them this, but they still insisted that I had taken something undoubtedly as cheap and shabby as everything else in the establishment. Or rather, they didn't: they simply charged my credit card. I notified my bank and shall be pursuing other legal options, as they really shouldn't get away with this sort of thing.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
11 Thank Lindsay A

Travellers are raving about these Antwerp hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

The company is incredible horrible as it keeps asking the payment although I never stayed in this apartment! Indeed I made reservation and the company asked me to pay the hotel fee within one day to guarantee the availability. I never paid as I found better lodging in Antwerp.

Don't make any reservation if you are not sure to stay in this flat although you don't pay anything yet. You will be chased by the bill!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
10 Thank Lanni_12
be_housing1, Manager at Budget Flats Antwerp, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Thank you for your answer, but our booking policy is quite clear and for all reservations we ask a payment in advance. There is always a possibility to take contact with our sales-desk in case of problems and we are open to discuss future reservations with you.
Hannover, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

OWNER INCREDIBLY RUDE.
Our story:
We booked the room online and paid the required 5.88€ deposit. The remainder to be paid on arrival. When we arrived (circa 16:30 on a Saturday). No one was at the reception, and the key was not available. (Nowhere in all the forms were we given while registering were we told of the opening hours). On calling the number posted, the owner proceeded to yell at us and proceed to claim we 1) had not paid the deposit and 2) were too late. In the end we were left out on the street and left to scamble to find another place to stay.

NOT RECOMMENDED!