“Quite comfortable”

Ramada Plaza Antwerp
Ranked #11 of 74 Hotels in Antwerp
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and we liked our room on the 8th floor. The bed was very comfortable and the room was big enough. The view was not the best, opposite a high apartment building, but we didn't come here for the view. The little fridge wasn't very cold and we had to put the airconditioning very low, 10 degrees, to keep it cool in the room. We stayed on the executive floor, but the executive lounge was not much. Very small and no snacks, unlike all the other hotels we have stayed in. When we called about the snacks, a tray was brought with some cheese, salami and olives. But apart from all this we liked our stay. The staff was very friendly, breakfast was fine, except for the watery scrambled eggs.
The hotel is away from the centre, but cloes by is a bus and tram stop.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
KristofAntwerpen, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Qcruiser,

Let me thank you for the wonderful feedback and positive information after your recent stay our hotel. We will inform our engineering department about the fridge and the air condition to guarantee a pleasant climate in the rooms. We will make sure that our f&b manager keeps an eye on the snacks in the executive lounge.

I am glad to see that you have fully enjoyed the experience and I hope you will consider coming back very soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
KristofAntwerpen, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Reviewed 15 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This hotel was booked for me by our business travel company and I was not sure what to expect. I have a lovely surprise. I arrived a good two hours or so before check-in and my room was ready for me anyway. The staff on the reception were very helpful and friendly.
My room was spacious, neat and clean and although maybe a little dated I cannot say it bothered me at all.
Good points was the excellent service, the comfortable bed (I do love that the Ramada gives you a choice of pillow type) and it was nice and quiet with reasonable room service food.
Downside - It is about 25 minutes in a taxi to the center of Antwerp, and I was not aware of any nearby public transport. That said the taxi service is pretty good and I don't think I waited more than 10 minutes at any given time. Be prepared for traffic on the way in though.
As an English traveler I found the TV channel selection very limited, but then I was there on business so it was not a huge deal.
All in all a comfortable stay and I would recommend to anyone else on business in the area, I believe it is good value for money if you don't mind forking out for taxis.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
KristofAntwerpen, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

We appreciate very much your high ratings on our staff members and hotel services that you experienced during your stay at Ramada Plaza Antwerp. I will share these points with all of my colleague's to inform them about year wonderful time in Antwerp. I sincerely hope to be able to meet and greet you more often when you are looking for accommodations in Antwerp. Returning guests which frequent our hotels more often are the biggest treasure and we would like to let them experience 'the home away from home feeling'.

Accept my kindest regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

If you want to be in the city centre, you might want to look for another hotel, even though public transportation (apparently) takes you there quickly.
I had an executive room on the 8th floor. It is a spacious, modern and quiet room, which is in very good condition. The staff was very friendly, parking made easy under the building and free wifi. The breakfast had a wide selection. For business purposes this hotel is great, however you can definately consider it for a city trip too.

• Stayed: June 2013
KristofAntwerpen, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking your time to share your positive experience here on TripAdvisor!
It gives me great pleasure to read that you like the renovation that has been done to the hotel in order to improve our guest stay experience.

Although we are located outside the city center, with the public transport real close by, it's real easy to reach the city center in about 15 minutes time.

I am happy to share your positive comments with my team and I would like to thank you for your feedback, as it is a base for us to further improve your future experiences at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ramada Plaza Antwerp next time you travel to Antwerp, and hopefully you’ll find the time to visit the beautiful city center as well!

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I have stayed one night for business early June and prepaid my room through hotels dot com.
The hotel is pleasant enough with comfy bed and fittings. Breakfast was decent with a good selection. The gym equipment is old and needs to be replaced. The sauna area seems to have been refurbished though.

I had a terrible experience at check out where the staff at reception wanted to charge for the room whereas the stay was prepaid. It took me 20 minutes of discussion with the staff at reception to show my receipt to prove that this was prepaid. I even emailed him the original hotels dot com reservation. The staff at reception was agitated and unhelpful, trying to blame me for what was their responsibility.
Even worst I found out a couple of days later that the hotel had charged me despite their promise not to do so when checking out. I have called them three times, sent a couple of emails and never got any response. Their accounting department seems dead with no one picking up the phone or returning calls. My emails went completely ignored. At this end I got a refund from hotels dot com who explained that the hotel claims to have never received my reservation. This is obviously incorrect as they had it when I checked in.
Beware if you choose to stay there, they may mess around with your credit card details and it will be a nightmare to get things fixed!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Brighton,

I am sorry to learn of your concerns regarding your recent stay with us and would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed.

We appreciate you informing us about the mistakes with the reservation. Due to this, we can update our standards and pay more attention to the details of each particular reservation.

I hope that you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience.
We are looking forward in welcoming you again for a new and relaxing trip in Antwerp.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel with a friend and we were astonished by the service and friendliness of the staff! Real friendly and nothing was too much to ask - the smile never disappeared. We felt like royalty the way we were treated! The rooms are very nice and the city center is easily reachable by tram, which is just around the corner. We will definately be back for another shopping trip!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TripperOudenaarde
KristofAntwerpen, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you very much for your kind words in relation to your past stay in Ramada Plaza Antwerp. At Ramada Plaza Antwerp, we are committed to caring for the needs of guests. It is our responsibility to ensure that you enjoy your time with us and we are determined to ensure that happens.

We would be very proud to give you again a warm welcome in our hotel.