“comfortable and good hotel”

Ramada Plaza Antwerp
Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Antwerp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

To put it simply, this hotel does NOT have air conditioned guest rooms. Also, the windows do not open. It's simply not acceptable in this day and age. The rooms are stuffy and not habitable in the summer months.

Room Tip: Avoid in the summer.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
KristofAntwerpen, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Antwerp, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Karl,

Thank you very much for your feedback from your recent stay at the Ramada Plaza Antwerp.
Due to the architecture of the building we do not have air-conditioning but an air cooling ventilation system. This system cools the air from outside into the hotel rooms. We apologize for the inconvenience and we will make sure to take the necessary actions to upgrade our cooling system. We will also update the information on the internet about our air cooling ventilation system. I thank you very much for reporting this to us.

We look forward to welcoming you again in Antwerp on your next visit.

Warmest Regards,
Queensland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and we liked our room on the 8th floor. The bed was very comfortable and the room was big enough. The view was not the best, opposite a high apartment building, but we didn't come here for the view. The little fridge wasn't very cold and we had to put the airconditioning very low, 10 degrees, to keep it cool in the room. We stayed on the executive floor, but the executive lounge was not much. Very small and no snacks, unlike all the other hotels we have stayed in. When we called about the snacks, a tray was brought with some cheese, salami and olives. But apart from all this we liked our stay. The staff was very friendly, breakfast was fine, except for the watery scrambled eggs.
The hotel is away from the centre, but cloes by is a bus and tram stop.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
KristofAntwerpen, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Antwerp, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Qcruiser,

Let me thank you for the wonderful feedback and positive information after your recent stay our hotel. We will inform our engineering department about the fridge and the air condition to guarantee a pleasant climate in the rooms. We will make sure that our f&b manager keeps an eye on the snacks in the executive lounge.

I am glad to see that you have fully enjoyed the experience and I hope you will consider coming back very soon.

Warmest regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

This hotel was booked for me by our business travel company and I was not sure what to expect. I have a lovely surprise. I arrived a good two hours or so before check-in and my room was ready for me anyway. The staff on the reception were very helpful and friendly.
My room was spacious, neat and clean and although maybe a little dated I cannot say it bothered me at all.
Good points was the excellent service, the comfortable bed (I do love that the Ramada gives you a choice of pillow type) and it was nice and quiet with reasonable room service food.
Downside - It is about 25 minutes in a taxi to the center of Antwerp, and I was not aware of any nearby public transport. That said the taxi service is pretty good and I don't think I waited more than 10 minutes at any given time. Be prepared for traffic on the way in though.
As an English traveler I found the TV channel selection very limited, but then I was there on business so it was not a huge deal.
All in all a comfortable stay and I would recommend to anyone else on business in the area, I believe it is good value for money if you don't mind forking out for taxis.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
KristofAntwerpen, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Antwerp, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

We appreciate very much your high ratings on our staff members and hotel services that you experienced during your stay at Ramada Plaza Antwerp. I will share these points with all of my colleague's to inform them about year wonderful time in Antwerp. I sincerely hope to be able to meet and greet you more often when you are looking for accommodations in Antwerp. Returning guests which frequent our hotels more often are the biggest treasure and we would like to let them experience 'the home away from home feeling'.

Accept my kindest regards,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

If you want to be in the city centre, you might want to look for another hotel, even though public transportation (apparently) takes you there quickly.
I had an executive room on the 8th floor. It is a spacious, modern and quiet room, which is in very good condition. The staff was very friendly, parking made easy under the building and free wifi. The breakfast had a wide selection. For business purposes this hotel is great, however you can definately consider it for a city trip too.

• Stayed June 2013
KristofAntwerpen, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Antwerp, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking your time to share your positive experience here on TripAdvisor!
It gives me great pleasure to read that you like the renovation that has been done to the hotel in order to improve our guest stay experience.

Although we are located outside the city center, with the public transport real close by, it's real easy to reach the city center in about 15 minutes time.

I am happy to share your positive comments with my team and I would like to thank you for your feedback, as it is a base for us to further improve your future experiences at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ramada Plaza Antwerp next time you travel to Antwerp, and hopefully you’ll find the time to visit the beautiful city center as well!

Kind regards,