I stayed for 9 nights while attending a week-long conference in Antwerp, mixed with some sightseeing.
- Good location near Central Station. Most of the main tourist sights are within a short walk or tram ride away.
- Large, spacious rooms.
- Helpful, friendly staff. Reception helped me check in early.
- Good breakfast buffet included.
- Free wi-fi internet access with good signal strength and speed.
- Large flat-screen TV with good variety of international channels. I was surprised to see even CCTV (the Chinese network) on there!
- The soundproofing to the outdoors seems to be inadequate. I got woken up a few times in the middle of the night due to some commotion outside. If you're a light sleeper, you may want to bring earplugs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antwerp City Hotel: In the heart of Antwerp's diamond district you will find the Antwerp City Hotel. A mere stone's throw away from the Meir, train station and Antwerp's diamond exchange, this hotel truly does have a dynamic location, which is ideal for those guests wishing to combine business with pleasure. Sleep: All 70 rooms are very spacious and equipped with free wireless Internet. Each room has air-conditioning, a 47 inch flat screen TV with international satellite channels, a safe and coffee and tea making facilities. Breakfast & dinner: The extensive breakfast buffet is served in the hip and colorful breakfast room. To have lunch or dinner you can visit one of the many restaurants in the city. Meetings: Antwerp City Center Hotel has two boardrooms for 10-15 persons. Both meeting rooms are equipped with direct day light, air conditioning and free wireless Internet. Antwerp: The Antwerp City Hotel is located in the diamond district with many tourist attractions such as the Town Square, the Cathedral of Our Lady, the Antwerp Zoo, the Rubens House and the Fashion Museum, all of which are within walking distance. The MAS(in Dutch "Museum aan de Stroom") and the Red Star Line museum are located 15 minutes by bus. Shopaholics must visit the famous Antwerp shopping street "Meir". For more information about the surroundings of Antwerp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotel.de, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Antwerp City Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alfa Empire Antwerp
- Hotel Alfa Empire