“Stayed one night. Would return.”

Park Inn by Radisson Antwerpen
Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Antwerp
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago
“Stayed one night. Would return.”
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I stayed one night and enjoyed the stay. They have an updated lobby and room which were both comfortable. The coffee machine in the room was great, and the front desk supplied extra coffee as needed. We took advantage of the hotel and sauna located at their sister hotel within walking distance. The location is great being right next to the train station, the zoo, and many restaurants. I would return for another stay but may look into other hotels that may be similarly priced. The breakfast buffet was decent based on others I have had in Europe.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Excellent hotel, very friendly staff, great breakfast. We were travelling with our children and had an excellent stay here. We will definitely go here again when visting Antwerp.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 7 May 2010

Although not fancy, this hotel is everything a business traveller needs. Rooms are new, modern, clean and most are spacious enough. The set up is cosy, with communal tables and a friendly kitchen atmosphere for breakfast. The staff are very friendly and willing to go out of their way to help you. I was staying here for a long period of time and found that they made me feel very at home. Breakfast is simple and tasty, there is a great coffee machine in your room and the location perfect - literally 30 seconds from the station.

The only downside is that the gym facilities are poor and you have to go to the Radisson for most amenities besides breakfast.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 4 May 2010

We liked the hotel very much. However breakfast was very expensive and front desk had no recommendations for restaurants. We were offered a 15% discount at the radisson. That seemed to be the only choice.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I stayed in the Park Inn for 4 nights in February, travelling alone. I had a standard king size room which cost E76.50 per night, with 10% off for the last night. I booked online direct with the hotel. This was my first visit to Antwerp and I chose the Park Inn based on Tripadviser reviews, cost and location. I was travelling by train and I always like to have hotels in easy reach of transport. In this regard the Park Inn is perfectly located outside the (really impressive) main railway station on Queen Astrid Square. Often squares outside train stations are not the most salubrious places but this was fine, day and night there were absolutely no issues with safety.
Check in was efficient and the front desk staff were very pleasant and had excellent English (thankfully as my Flemish is a little limited!). My room was at the back on the fourth floor. It was perfectly clean and tidy with a nice shower room (no bath) but I was very glad I was travelling alone. The bed took up most of the room and with a wall mounted tv on one wall, getting into bed and around the room was a bit of a test. There is no way I would recommend this room for two people with luggage staying more than one night - it is just too small - but it was OK for me.
The hotel has limited facilities but you can access the much bigger Radisson also on Queen Astrid Square. I didn't eat in either hotel as there are many, many places to eat within 5 minutes walk of the hotel.
Antwerp itself is a delight and well worth a visit if you have not been before. It was very pretty in the winter snow, has some great architecture, nice people and terrific fashion shopping. English is very widely spoken. For its size it was the best clothes shopping city - women and men - that I have been to. It is also a good size to walk around and well connected by rail for day trips elsewhere in Belgium (I did an easy day trip to Brussels and much preferred Antwerp to Brussels). A bit of a tip, as in many places in Europe, lots of MacDonalds with free wifi but the signals are easily strong enough to find an alternative spot next door to eat and still enjoy the free wifi - try the Art Cafe on the main street for one option.
I did find atm's in rather short supply, however there is one on the corner of Queen Astrid Square over to the facing out from the hotel under the Western Union sign.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank newkstar
manchester
Reviewed 12 April 2010

well situated hotel, next to the very attractive train station .if arriving by air, to antwerp, you can take the number 14 bus from the (least lively) airport (in the world).

i know some rooms were larger but ours was pretty small. the bathroom was poorly thought out - a great big shower space but impossible to open the door if somebody was stood at the sink.

didn't take up their offer of a €16 breakfast, but i suspect it must be something pretty special for that price.

staff were fine at check-in and check-out but all in all this felt like an uninspiring, but modern, hotel.

we thoroughly enjoyed our week's trip to belgium (as well as staying in bruges, antwerp and ghent, we visited brussels, leuven and the fields of flanders) and would recommend everybody visit. we're missing the beers, waffles and endless supply of chips. we're surprised the belgians aren't much bigger.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Oregon
Reviewed 17 January 2010

I must agree with the other reviewer who thought many of the reviews here for this hotel were a bit too glowing. We stayed here for two nights while I was having a minor medical procedure done. It was generally OK. I've certainly had far worse, but I've often found far better. The internet price we paid was decent. The location within steps of the train station was necessary for our trip and worked well. The hotel is exceptionally clean and the staff were some of the most polite, patient and accommodating people I've encountered behind a hotel desk. The internet service was free and worked quite well. The breakfast was so over priced we chose not to have it, so I can't speak to the quality. The problems were not large or particularly nasty, they just accumulated into some discomfort. The room we had was not just small, it was TINY. The queen bed had only about 2 feet of clearance all the way around it, and on one side the large TV mounted on the wall had to be carefully maneuvered around or you would injure yourself. One small chair and a very slim table type desk also required careful movement. In fact, we had to maneuver around each other on occasion and we are not overly large folks, nor did we have much luggage (a medium sized back pack each.) The room looked as if it was in the process of having several cosmetic things repaired (scuffs in the wall with primer on them, but no paint, recently replaced grouting in the bathroom, pieces of a broken hinge left in the closet) and the large heavy glass doors on the shower stall did not swing freely or close all the way, leaving a large gap for water all over the floor unless you wanted to listen to the screetch of glass over tile. The noise level in the room, although not from any outside sources, was disturbing to good sleep. We're not especially light sleepers, and at one point I was even medicated to promote sleep, and still the noises from the plumbing in the walls, the elevator shaft (which was still a room a way from ours) and the thermostat (yes, the thermostat! it ticked very loudly whenever the temp adjusted itself, then continued to tick intermittently even when turned off) controls all combined to keep us both wakeful. If it had been practical, we would have asked for another room. The Nespresso maker was finicky and almost flooded a cup before my husband had to unplug it to stop it (controls stuck too), the cord provided for the internet service was too short to be useful.
We did enjoy a speedy check in and out and a nice, very reasonably priced dinner at the Radisson Blu THE SQUARE restaurant (where the Park Inn guests get a 15% discount, the menu is a bit limited however). The fridge in the room was large enough to accommodate a few sandwiches and drinks we purchased ourselves, which was nice, as I was not able to go outside on the second day. There is a grocery and a street with lots of take-away places very close by. We did not feel unsafe in the area.
Overall, if I were to stay here again, I'd ask to see the room before completing check in.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple