“very nice”

Ambassador Suites Antwerp
Reviewed 20 November 2013

the residence rooms are very comfortable. The beds are comfortable, the restroom big, there is also a sofa, an big wardrobe with iron ironing board, a kitchen with dish and cup to have a little breakfast (just for tea and coffe).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Be-Housing G, Manager at Ambassador Suites Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive review of your stay at one of our residences! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ambassador Suites Antwerp. We hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Kind regards,

Be-Housing Group

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I came here with a group of friends, we had two rooms, as soon as we checked in to our rooms we noticed how unclean they were and the bad smell. We called the manager and asked them to send the cleaners up to clean the bathroom, once they arrived they laughed and said that's just how the bathrooms are - FULL of mold!
The mattresses were very uncomfortable with the springs sticking out and horrible bed linen with stains. There was no air conditioning and so we slept with the windows open. When I woke I noticed bites on my arms but thought it was from mosquitoes. The next morning when we woke I saw little bugs running across the bed, I thought they were cockroaches because I had never seen a bed bug before but after searching online and taking off the sheet I realized that my mattress was INFESTED with bed bugs, I was covered in tiny bites all over my arms and legs and even on my face. The mattress next to my one also had some bed bugs but not as bad as the one I was sleeping in, I was horrified! I called management to come and have a look. They took one look at the mattress (Which also had little black eggs ALL over it, so how the cleaning ladies missed this while changing the sheets is beyond me!!!) and admitted that YES there were bed bugs in there. I asked for them to clean all of our clothes and dry them and spray our bags, at first they said that they wouldn't be in our suitcases which is just plain stupid for them to think that, then they agreed to wash our things and change our room. We needed to leave in the morning to catch a train and so agreed to leave our stuff in the room and they would take them to the laundromat for us and have them ready by the time we had to leave. Well I woke in the morning and they hadn't taken anything, they said they were waiting for us to go with them, why they didn't knock on our door and tell us they were waiting, I dont know?? but he ended up screaming and swearing in my face that they are doing the best that they f-ing can!! well, I am still waiting for even an apology from management. I had to go to the hospital for my bites and buy so much cream and ointments for all over my body, The pain was unbearable and it ruined the rest of my holiday, I had to stay out of the sun at all times and pretty much just sit in front of the air conditioner and not move. Of course I wanted to be compensated for not only our room but my doctors visits as well, They did say after some 'investigating' that they would refund the money for that room but the communication was so bad that I ended up asking them if they were hoping I would just give up, but honestly the attitude of the manager Guy, was so bad. He never apologized and sent me this poorly written agreement without even spelling my name correctly saying that the would refund me if I promised not to write a review, well I never received any refund or apology so I decided id better write a review to warn anyone who might book this awful hotel.
Bed Bugs aside, this still would have been the worst hotel I've ever stayed at, dirty and stinky, floors were all sticky and ripped up and everything was just plain grotty!!! I wouldn't wish this hotel on my worst enemy, Its TRULY horrible and there is not one nice thing I could say about it. I think they should be given a health inspection because the standards of hygiene are incredibly low!! I have attached pictures of my bites in case they try and say that I'm lying like they did with booking.com. It pretty obvious by reading previous reviews that this place is DISGUSTING.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
14  Thank CTBUC
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This place is really terrible, be warned!! My friend and i booked 4 nights here in a 2 bedroomed penthouse appartment which was so bad it literally ruined our trip. We should have checked on trip advisor before we booked as our experinces are very simular to those reported on here. The place was very dated and shabby and on arrival the complex manager said that he wasnt even going to rent out the apartment due to the state that it was in (but we had booked.....so they took our money). Our 'appartment' was filthy (even after complaining to the complex manager who apparently sent up another cleaner on the second day) there were serious issues with the flooring, plug sockets hanging off the wall, filthy sofas and damaged furniture and on the second night i work up with mysterious bites in the tops of my arms (see photos). Given that we had paid 600 euro for 4 nights, this was enough for us to decide to check out and go elsewhere, we ended up ruining yet another day of our holiday with a 2-3 hour discussion about a refund but we eventually managed to get half of our money back (we were also offered another replacement apartment...which we declined). I will say that the complex manager was sympathetic to our problems and was polite and helpful and is really the only positive thing i could say about the hotel. I would absolutely not reccomend staying here at all!

Room Tip: Dont pick the 2 bed roomed penthouse!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
12  Thank Donna D
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I don't usually write reviews, but after my terribly disappointing stay here last month I felt compelled to share my experience. On arrival I was made to wait over 2 hours before anyone came to check me in even though I had previously arranged to meet someone at 4pm, I had to pay extra for a fast internet connection which proved not to work at all, but I was still charged for it. The bed was very small and uncomfortable and the sheets had small stains on them which made me think that they hadn't been washed properly or at all since the last guest but when I asked for a fresh sheet on the bed I realized that all of the sheets were old and stained. When I had a shower I didn't feel clean because there was mildew all through the shower, I actually ended up getting a fungal infection on my feet. The whole place had a strange dirty smell and it was too loud to sleep with the windows open at night for fresh air. I really couldn't have left here faster, thank goodness I was only staying one night. I decided to skip the breakfast in the morning I could only imagine what sort of hygiene they would have in their kitchen. This place is in major need of a refurbishment, maybe a change in staff all together. I would never recommend this place to anyone and I'm thoroughly disappointed in myself for not reading the previous reviews on here before booking, I wont make that mistake again. I hope this helps the next person thinking about staying here.

Room Tip: Choose a new hotel all together
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Catherine T
Be-Housing G, Manager at Ambassador Suites Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Catherine,

We regret that you had an unpleasant stay at our appartement in Antwerp. The sheets were indeed of bad quality and we have replaced them with new ones in the last month.
We are currently refreshing all the rooms and fixing the problems that our guests will have a better stay.

You can always contact our sales department (sales@be-housing.be), so that they can check if they can do something for this inconvenience you experienced.

Kind regards,

Bart
Be-Housing

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed at the Ambassador Suites this summer and was extremely disappointed. First and foremost, there were BED BUGS and cockroaches in one of the rooms! If that is not enough to deter you from staying there, the elevators were not working, the floorboards in the hallway were all torn up, the rooms were uncleanly, and the staff was not helpful. Honestly, if you or anyone you care about is going to Antwerp, stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank NAR1770
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed in the ambassador suites in August and unfortunately there is not one positive thing I can say about this place.

The biggest issue was that ours and our friends rooms were both infested with bed bugs!! We all were bitten, some of us even requiring medical treatment. They had initially agreed to refund payment for this time but have now gone off the radar, as you will be able to read from our friends review.

The bathrooms were mouldy, carpet was ripped up and disgusting and the staff were generally unfriendly and unhelpful.

Oh, and on the way out we found a used condom hanging over one if the handrails in the stairwell!

Do NOT stay here

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Scotybain
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I won't write much on this place. Its not worth my effort as there are just so many things wrong that i could write all day. All i can advise to people possibly looking at this place is simply DON'T BOOK!!!!! Just have a look at the pictures i have taken and you will understand why. The pictures were taken from my so called 'penthouse suite'.
Especiallydon't stay in summer, this is the worst possible time. The rooms are unbearably hot even with all the windows open. now fans are provided. hotel management are a digrace and the place is not clean. the worst part is probably the state the place is kept in.
The floors on at least 3 levels i went on were in dis-repair. the owners obviously don't care and only want tourist dollars and have a complete lack of consideration for the guests staying here.
Our holiday was completly ruined by staying in this place. don't let it ruin your holiday as well. All i can say is thank god for trip advisor. I know some people like to have a moan even when something is not quite right, or doesnt quite suit them, but this place is a disgrace and not tourist should have to put up with it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank sea_shell_susan
Be-Housing-Group, General Manager at Ambassador Suites Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Guest,

We do want to apologize for the discomfort during your stay

We have investigated these complaints and we have to admit that some of the problems mentioned by our guests are indeed unacceptable. But please be aware that some of these inconveniences are due to circumstances.

Our residence does not operate as a hotel and as such we do not provide hotel facilities like daily cleaning and change of linen, this allows us to offer our rooms at a much more affordable price. In general we only offer cleaning and change of linen on a weekly base.

We are currently in the process of renovating the floors in the hallways and rooms, we understand that this can bring discomfort to our guests and we try to keep this discomfort as minimal as possible. However this is a renovation that we have to do to ensure a comfortable stay for our guests and maintain the quality of our residence. We fully understand that we should have found a better way to communicate this temporary discomfort to our arriving guests.

Due to record breaking temperatures this summer in Belgium there was discomfort of high temperatures in the rooms. Most of the Belgian buildings are not equipped to deal with this kind of temperatures. However we realize that we need to find a solution for our guests if we have these high temperatures in the rooms again in the future.

The problem with the wall socket in this suite was indeed unacceptable. When I saw the picture, I immediately spoke with our technical staff and reprimanded them that they did not see and solved this problem when they did one of their regularly inspection rounds in the residence. If technical problems of this nature occur, and exceptionally they do, please report this to our staff at the reception and they will send someone of our technical staff asap to make the necessary repairs.