“Good location”

Ranked #16 of 72 Hotels in Antwerp
London, United Kingdom
“Good location”
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We stayed a this hotel for three nights. Good location. Quiet area. The only loud sounds were the big groups of kids arriving around 11.30 every night on a school trip. We only had breakfast on one morning because of the high cost and the fact it was a public holiday in Belgium. We did try the bar for dinner. Food ok and service not to bad. I wouldnt have wanted to stay to long as the rooms are basic and the bathrooms are the smallest i have ever used.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sedgefield, South Africa
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Reasonably central (10-15 minutes on foot from Groote Markt). Has the usual predictable Ibis features: smallish but bright and clean rooms. Not ideal for two people for a long stay because too small, but good value for a weekend or for a business traveller needing Internet access and a large working surface.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cossypha
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Great location (10-15 minutes from the Old Town on foot), though it is a bit noisy beacuse of trafiic. In my opinion room (and bathroom) could be a bit bigger, because I felt slightly claustrophobic. Hairdryer in the bathtoom was definetely an advantage. Not a bad choice for one night, for longer stay you have to search for a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank snooka76
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 10 October 2012

This is just what you would expect of an Ibis hotel. It's clean and neat, the rooms are small and the bathrooms are tiny, but everything works. If you only want to sleep in a hotel, and don't want to pay too much, then this is ideal.

Its location is good. It's about a 10-15 minute walk from Centraal Station (don't confuse Ibis Centrum with the Ibis Budget hotel which is opposite the station, as another reviewer has done - they are different hotels). It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the centre of Antwerp. It was easy to get a tram and bus to the airport, and there are bicycles for hire too.

I only had one complaint - the bar food. There were three main courses and two "snacks". Only one was vegetarian (spinach lasagne I think) and they didn't actually have any. So I asked for the "Croque Monsieur Panini" [sic] but without the ham ("croque monsieur" is basically a grilled ham-and-cheese sandwich). I was told that it was not possible to remove the ham. So not wanting to make a fuss with my carnivorous friends, I ordered it anyway, reasoning that I could perhaps pick the ham out of the panini. But no, it wasn't a panini at all, despite the name, just two bits of dry toast with melted ham and cheese inside them. Awful. And it cost almost ten euros. Ludicrous.

So it's a good hotel, and I might stay there again if I'm in Antwerp overnight, but I certainly won't be going anywhere near the bar food.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Devon/ Somerset
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights . Overal very happy with stay and the hotel - good budget hotel. However I can not say the same of the bar staff. We ordered food after 3/4 of an hour we enquired how much longer our food would be and we were informed that none had been ordered. The staff member accused my husband of lying when other members of our party confirmed that he had. At the time my husband had ordered the staff member stopped mid order stating that he had to serve other customers!! He had then tould my husband to write the order down on a beer mat. This one member of staff let the hotel down , for this reason we will not be back again. The hotel also lost out on four meals, not good for profits .

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Pikey1981
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 7 nights while I looked for an apartment in Antwerp and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by both its central location, facilities, and price. The hotel has been recently renovated so everything is new. I never ate at the hotel so I cant speak as to that, but if you are looking for a hotel that is close to pretty much everything for a fair price this seems like one of the best places around. I am new to the city so I dont know what else is available yet but I definitely recommed the Ibis.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
toronto
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed 2 nights here, this was Ibis #4 of 6… We stayed 1 night, 10-15 minute walk from the train station (it’s the most best one I’ve seen yet). The weekend farmer’s market is right next door. Nothing posh but totally reliable and easy access to sights/shopping and transport.

Pros, Ibis hallmarks: easy check-in/out , 12pm check-in and out, city maps, good water pressure, decent sound proofing, compact, well laid-out rooms and comfortable beds. Note: reservations can be made to other locations but you will miss out on any online discounts. Good staff. Hello! We had free Wifi through three Ibis’ (is this a norm in Belgium?). Internet terminal near reception.

To sum it up: Perfect for all ranges: families, couples, solos and business travellers. Price point: $$ and good deals can be found through their “city breaks” online deals. House cleaning starts around 8am, so use the “DND” if you need it.

Travellers from Canada.