Crowne Plaza Antwerpen
  • Breakfast included
US$154
US$147
  • Pool
Astoria Hotel Antwerp(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
US$82
Travelocity
US$54
US$52
1,180 results
All reviewsinfinity poolanna restaurantring roadbrussels airportcity centrebusiness hotelsuperior roomhotel parkingsteam roombus stophotel restaurantgood nights sleeppublic transportper daycentral stationgymexpo
Reviewed 18 January 2014

A loyal IHG member and had to stay for an overnight stay for a night. I was pleasantly surprised by the property. The hotel is located right off the highway and very accessible. The city is less than 10 min away which is convenient.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Hans W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Shail S,

Thank you very much for writing your review about your stay here on TripAdvisor.
I'm glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to yet another positive and succesful stay !

Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 January 2014

My first impression when I entered the lobby of the hotel was quite positive; new, fresh, modern, cozy, BUT, it didn't last as I had to wait over 15 minutes in front of the reception for my check in. I have to admit though that the receptionist was apologizing for the delay to me and to the other clients that had been waiting as well, every 5 minutes!
My room was a disappointment. Although I had a deluxe room (supposed to be better than the standard and the superior) it was too small, not quite new and fresh as the lobby and had a bad smell.
The best thing about this hotel is Anna Bar Restaurant on the ground floor. Very relaxing atmosphere, friendly staff, good variety for a light lunch, but overpriced (especially if you ask for water).

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floors must be very noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Hans W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear AthinaC,

Thank you for sharing your experience online.
We’d like to apologize for the delay in checking you in, however I’m pleased to read you enjoyed the service you received.
Making sure you enjoy your stay is one of our top priorities, so if there is anything we can do to improve your stay experience during your stay, please feel free to contact us at any time.
We look forward to welcoming you back for a positive stay!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I'm a very loyal IHG member and needed a place to stay in Antwerp for one night so i picked the CrownPlaza. The hotel is located next to the freeway which is handy to acces the hotel but not if you like to go out into the city.

Entering the hotel i was surprised by the ambiance and interieur, the lobby and restaurant where really nice designed and i was really curieus about the rooms!

I was located on the 12th floor at the back of the hotel, they told me this would be a "silent" room because of the proximity of the freeway.

On entering the room i was really disappointed, the room "felled" small and outdated. The TV didn't work and the badroom was clean but also outdated. I need to say that i didn't complaint about the TV, so i didn't give the hotel staff a chance to fix this issue.

Don't get me wrong, the rates in the hotel are not that high so i think it's still good value for money but i don't understand why this property isn't a HolidayInn in stead of a GrownPlaza.

I hope the hotel is under a kind of renovation proces as the lobby and restaurant look really nice, staff was friendly but the rooms are in need of an update.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Hans W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Tomvandongen,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here on TripAdvisor.
I’m happy to read you like our redesigned lobby and restaurant, and that you found it good value for money.
More important is the nice service you received, a goal that we strive to achieve on a daily basis.
As you mentioned before, we are indeed still undergoing a renovation process concerning the rooms. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights between Christmas and New Year. Our 2 rooms were spacious and comfortable. However I feel that visitors should be aware that pets are allowed into the bedrooms! Very unhygienic I think and I don't like the idea of cats and dogs being on a bed that I will sleep in. Sadly the occupants in the room next to ours left their barking dog in the room whilst they went out, it was extremely annoying. On complaining to the lady on reception we were told that guests were allowed pets into the room, no action was taken. When we checked out the guy who was on reception was very apologetic and did take 20€ off our bill. If it hadn't been for the dog we would have enjoyed our stay more.

Room Tip: We did ask for a room at the back away from the road.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Daisygirlhampshire,

Thank you for your review here on Tripadvisor!
I’m sorry to read that your stay was influenced by guests that had a barking dog with them in the room.

Your stay experience is one of our top priorities, so if you experience a similar problem in the near future please do not hesitate to contact us directly as we are happy to make the necessary adjustments to ensure you have a great stay.

Concerning the hygiene issue that you mentioned, rooms that had pets in them during a previous guest stay are thoroughly deep cleaned and checked entirely in order to ensure a perfectly clean room for every guest.

I’m happy to read that your overall stay experience was positive and we look forward to welcoming you back for a future positive stay.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Crowne Plaza is refurbished and the evaluation of this hotel is good, for the following reasons;
location is excellent very close to the highways , close to the center of Antwerp- good access-
good parking - the rooms are clean - restaurant is good- for business it is a very good place.

Room Tip: best is first - or second floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Hans W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear VincentD,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience with fellow travellers here on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back and please don't hesistate to let us know if we can do anything to make your stay a 5* rating worthy stay!