“pleasant stay”

Crowne Plaza Antwerpen
Ranked #13 of 72 Hotels in Antwerp
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed in the hotel for a couple of days during an event. Hotel is nice especially the pool and gym area, but the rooms are in urgent need for a refurbishment. I do not recall a Crown Plaza this worn out, but maybe I was just on a floor where they have not yet remodeled.
Staff seemed to be a bit rude during the daytime, but this might be due to the fact that the hotel was almost completely booked out.
Would stay there again for an event. Not on a private trip though

Room Tip: higher floor is always better and not facing the highway
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Hans W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear mIhO76

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
It's with great pleasure we read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our apologies our day staff did not make you feel 100% at ease, as it is our daily goal to make you feel welcome at any time of the day!

We hope to be able to welcome you back for another positive stay, and please know, that you are always welcome!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

On a Leger tour. Arrived at reception to find it very crowded lots of people with suitcases but being on a tour when our leader identified himself our keys were produced very quickly.

Our room was on the first floor above reception but we had no noise issue. We ate in the restaurant next to the bar and we did book a table on arrival, I think it might be a good idea to do the same if you intend to eat in the hotel. We had the burger in a bun which comes with salad & chips and a great big bowl of mayonaise. With 2 beers & 2 glasses of wine as well our bill was 53 Euro's. Breakfast wasn't quite the 'American Breakfast' but was ok.

I could only get free wifi downstairs but some people managed in their rooms.

Lots of buses seem to stop outside to the town centre & airport so good transport links here. If you walk across the bridge some of the people on our tour ate at a restaurant I think it was something like Coalmar but I don't think it worked out any cheaper.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hans W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Wendy,

Thank you very much for your honest review here on Tripadvisor!
It's been a pleasure hosting you and the entire group during your visit to 't Stad.

I'm glad you were pleased with the speed of service you received and the quality of both the rooms and restaurant.

The points of improvement you mentioned are very welcome, and we will use your comment to improve our services to you as a valued guest.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review and we look forward to welcoming you back if your travel plans bring you back to Antwerp!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Located in Berchem on the Antwerp ring, this is a convenient choice if you want to stay in the area and not get embroiled in the horrendous city centre traffic!
It’s a functional and efficient business hotel as you would expect with a bit more soul than the average property with a constantly shifting itinerant population – in my opinion. The public areas look like they have been recently refurbished and there are some very cool style and design elements that I liked in there.
One was the big photos of cranes and ships the local docks decorating the lifts, another is the large graphic of the city pap behind reception … and this same graphic is also printed on the carpet in the restaurant … So you can literally walk all over the city. I thought it was a nice touch of fun
There are lots pf nice colour / fabric combinations and shapes to the lobby furniture… and together with the airiness of large glass windows … and free WIFI here too!
Someone has made an effort to create a bit of cool and make it an eye-catching space with good first impression!
The room was on the third floor and a bit small for me with all the luggage, but absolutely OK otherwise.
Big windows overlooking the front – and the ring road – so lots of light coming in – together with the rising sun, large desking area.
A bit squeezed for space around the bed – but I have strayed in much tighter places as well!
There was a fridge which was great, and a couple of chairs squeezed in there as well. The room decor was a little tired and could do with a refresh, but fine for a couple of days here and there.
The bathroom was fine – had a full bathtub, it was all clean and had the standard Crown Plaza toiletries, etc.
The WIFI was free and phenomenally fast … so all good there and although I didn’t have a car whilst there, it looked like there is plenty of parking.
I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Anne Louise,

Thank you very much for your lovely review here on Tripadvisor.
It's been a pleasure hosting you in't Stad and I'm delighed to see that you enjoyed both your visit to the city, as the hotel decorations in the Antwerp theme!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another visit!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Hotel is located outside a real city Old Town but well communicated by tram or bus. Very close, walking distance to Antwerp Expo. Good access to highway to Brussels Aiport. I have stayed there already few times and i am quite satisfied. Rooms are renowated with enough facilities. You have a kettle with some tea and coffee and still water in a room. However for those who are enjoying mini-bars - it is almost empty (just water). But restaurant downstairs is very cosy and nice.
Beds are quite comfortable with "get-into-sleep" small set (eucaliphtus spray and roll)
The disadvantage: room prices during big conferences at Antwerp Expo expload high

Room Tip: If you would like to enjoy quite nights please ask for the rooms with the backyard view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Hans W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Radoslaw,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us.
It's been a pleasure hosting you and we look forward welcoming you back soon for another fantastic stay!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The main attraction from this Hotel is an amazing swimming pool! but the water was quite cold!!
Rooms are modern and kept in good condition. Breakfast was a regular one.
This Hotel is convenient to enjoy some calm and relax out of the city but it is still allowing to have the city center close to you all the time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hans W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Agusparty

Thank you for writing your review about our property.
I'm glad to read you enjoyed your stay, and especially our pool.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay, and hope to provide you with a 5* rating experience!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Booked the hotel at short notice and there were 3 options for rooms, standard, superior & deluxe all with the appropriately rising price bands. I opted for the most expensive as it would be for just one night and all rooms were priced very competitively. Mine was €95 per night including breakfast so an excellent deal over the usual €205 per night.
The hotel is in a good location with ample FREE parking just outside the hotel. The hotel charges €15 per day to park on site which is quite fair but an unnecessary expense you can avoid. I did later find that as I had booked a Deluxe room on site parking was free. I was already parked outside and 30mtrs from the hotel so didn't bother to use the hotel car park. As it turned out, more by luck than judgement, I was also able to see my car clearly from the room. I would not need my car during my stay and there is a bus stop directly outside with services into the city every 15 minutes for most of the day and it is only later in the evening they are one every half hour. The service will take you to the Central Station or right out to schipperskwartier at a flat cost of €2 each way.
The hotel bar and restaurant were both very good as well as well staffed and popular with other guests. The reception and public areas were all, as expected very well kept. The lifts were also efficient which is handy if you are on the upper floors.
The room was a disappointment to say the least and by far the smallest room and bed I have come across at any of the 17 other Crowne Plazas I have stayed at. For one night it was fine but had I been booked in for several days I could easily have become frustrated at the lack of space. Do not be mistaken. The room was a very adequate standard room. There was nothing Deluxe about it by any stretch of the imagination. Even the mini bar was empty and although I didn't want to use it offered no choice in the matter.
There is a pool and sauna on site as one would expect although I did not have time to avail myself of its use.
This is a very good hotel with good facilities and in a useful location. My gripe is not with the staff or style but just the description and content of the room types. If mine was Deluxe I just wonder if those that are Standard are glorified cupboards. I feel as though I was mis-sold with what I expected to be a little more luxurious than it turned out to be.
It was one night and I will stay again. I will just book the cheaper Standard room next time.

Room Tip: If Deluxe looks like a standard room then I can only think a standard room will be a broom closet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Scubapro1957

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay.
I'm glad to read you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to provide you with an excellent stay again in the near future!

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Three and a half stars. Stayed here twice in the last year and while the rooms are average to good, the bar and restaurant makes up for it with good meals and great service. Very nice people. Express Shuttle from Brussels airport drops off right in front

• Stayed: May 2014
Hans W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Alan,

Thank you very much for sharing your travel experience online!
It's always our pleasure to be your host for your visits to Antwerp.

During your next stay with us, please let us know how we can improve your stay experience to a 5* stay, as this is our daily goal and look forward to accomodating you.