Hotel Hyllit
US$77
US$132
US$122
  • Breakfast included
Astoria Hotel Antwerp(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$99
Crowne Plaza Antwerpen(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$101
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
US$94
US$86
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdiamond districtcentral stationswimming poolnice hotelroom rateup to datecentrally located hotela lovely stayground floorsmoking roomunderground parkinglocation is greatper dayrooms are spaciousbusiness hotelcity centremin walk
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I stayed at the Hyllit as part of a conference group, but rather wished I'd opted for the Radisson Blu Astrid just down the road. When I stayed there were heavy roadworks going on, and it was difficult to get to the entrance having walked up from Central Station -- but that's not the hotel's fault. The conference facilities seemed fine, but my room was disappointing and it took three days to get someone to put a lightbulb in the bathroom. The towels were astonishingly small, and the bathroom was pretty grubby throughout my stay (perhaps the cleaners couldn't see what they were doing with no light in there). The hotel had a confusing set of lifts, with one to take you to reception, and another to take you to the rooms. I ate one lunch in a restaurant which, although in the same building, was accessed through a separate entrance. All in all, it was rather an odd layout. The staff weren't terribly helpful and I almost felt embarrassed having repeatedly to ask for another day's wifi, which involved trekking down to reception and joining a queue. The worst aspect was getting bitten by mosquitoes, and the noise from the gulls or terns wasn't much fun as they congregated on the ledge outside my window as soon as it got light, and carried on with their jabbering all day. Perhaps I was unlucky. On the plus side, the cakes and biscuits which we were available during the conference breaks were absolutely delicious.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
wspaenjers, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Hyllit, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear guest, thank you very much for your comment.
We sincerely apologize that you had to wait three days before somebody changed the light in your bathroom. We will discuss this with our staff and make sure this will not happen again.
It is true that you have to take separate elevators to go to the reception or to go the rooms. As we explained in other responses, this is only for your own safety, that only hotel guests can go to the rooms.
We appreciate your comment about the internet access, and we would like to inform you that we have updated our WIFI system. All our guests can now login with their room number and last name and keep the same login throughout their stay.
As for the mosquitoes or the noise from the gulls, unfortunately we can not control the nature. We are happy to hear that you did enjoy.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

The hotel is perfectly located, just a couple of minutes away from Antwerp Central Station and close to many shops and restaurants. It is clean, modern, nicely decorated and the rooms have everything you need. The staff are not exactly friendly, but they are helpful and efficient.

And that just about sums the place up. It works well - it does everything a business hotel should do, but it is so lacking in character.

Good points: nice breakfast, nice bar (but see below), free WiFi, good shower in the bathroom, BBC channels on the telly.

Bad point: smoke control in the bar was poor - they have a "cigar room", but the smell permeates the whole space. Since the smoking ban in the UK, smelling second-hand smoke now seems such an imposition. Belgium seems a little behind the times in this respect.

Tip: Ask for the WiFi codes at check-in. It is not obvious how to connect from within the room and you will have to traipse back to reception to pick up the paper with the log-in codes. You would think that the reception staff would give you that with your room key.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located in short distance from Antwerp Central. The service from reception staff was good.
The room was OK, clean and the bed where good.
Bad thing in my room was the remote for tv. It was no control at all, but the power on/off on the set was working.
And for the breakfast waitress; Lipton Yellow label with coffee tast(!) is no good.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Stayed at the Hyllit for one night. When I walked in the lobby did make quite a good impression and the decoration and condition of the hotel was very good (probably quite new). At check-in the one person behind the counter first ignored me then spoke to me like I was a child ... but one rotten egg should not spoil the place.

My list of suggestions for improvement:
1) Ask the customer if they wish to use the internet at check-in otherwise one has to call and they have to send somebody up with a written login and code.
2) No coffee machine in the rooms, however if you call room service coffee seemed to be on the house
3) No slippers, gowns or any other amenities
4) Doors are not stable (kept vibrating) and not very sound proof
5) Temperature control does not indicate actual or desired temperature, just warmer or colder which is surprising for a new hotel.

Try it out but there are better hotels in Antwerp!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.
We would like to apologize if we gave you the wrong impression upon check in. Please note that service is very important for us, and we certainly do not want to ignore our guests.
It is true that not every room has a coffee maker, but please note that we do provide coffee upon request. The amenities that you mentioned are also not included in every room type.
We would like to thank you very much for your suggestions and for your stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

The Hyllit is a very good hotel. The staff are professional and helpful, the location couldn't be much better for Antwerp station, and it's only a short walk into the centre of the city.

My room was large, clean and comfortable -- as was the bed. However, my room safe was out of order and despite asking the hotel almost every single day for a week, it was never fixed. It might sound trivial, but my hotel room was burgled on another stay recently, so knowing my belongings are secure when I leave the room is important.

My only other very minor complaint was that it would have been nice if the swimming pool and better opening hours: it opened too late in the morning for me able to go before work, and if I was ever in the hotel during the day the pool was closed until the evening.

Overall, though, I recommend the Hyllit -- it was very good value for the high quality of hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business