“Good standard business hotel”
Review of Hotel Hyllit

Hotel Hyllit
Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in Antwerp
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stayed here for one night for an event also being held at the hotel.
The meeting rooms were of a good professional standard, restocked with water, coffee, etc..
The bedrooms are a typical 4* standard. Good bathrooms, comfy beds.
Buffet breakfast was of a good standard. They do need to work on their coffee though.
The hotel is in a nice location, close to the diamond district, the main station, as well as close to the zoo.
Whenever I am in Antwerp I will consider returning to this hotel.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I probably misread the booking website (was it booking.com or another?) but this hotel was VERY nice and far better than I expected. It is brand new and only 150m away from the Antwerp main rail station. Dont panic though, I didnt hear a single train... My room was enormous, bathroom great, breakfast fine. I would have rated breakfast higher if there had been Earl Grey tea bags and if the bacon had been crispy. Once I got used to having to take a lift to go out to the street (The hotel starts on the first floor level) it was great!

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I didn't know Antwerp at all and wasn't sure how to find the hotel when I got there - the staff were perfectly happy to send directions by email when I was en route. I arrived and in spite of a number of comments on this page I found the receptionist to be perfectly friendly, helpful and determined not to let me go to my room without clear information on getting onto the WiFi.

The room was spacious, comfortable and quiet, and there was a good choice for breakfast. I will review the restaurant for dinner separately, suffice it to say I'd happily recommend it to anyone who likes good food and service.

A slightly confusing layout and the morning receptionist's (genuine) error in directing me to my meeting - almost sent me in completely the wrong direction had I not double checked, plus the lack of coffee making facilities in the room, nudge this down to a four rather than five star experience for me. I'd happily go again.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

We have experienced three nights at the Hyllit, Antwerp. We spent our nights in their family room, which was a great size with seperate sleeping areas for parents and kids(our kids are 16 and 17 years old), and still had an area for siting and hanging out together. The room was cleaned well, and the staff were quick to help and very pleasant to deal with. The hotel Hyllit is in a great spot to explore Antwerp and all it has to offer.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I stayed at the Hyllit as part of a conference group, but rather wished I'd opted for the Radisson Blu Astrid just down the road. When I stayed there were heavy roadworks going on, and it was difficult to get to the entrance having walked up from Central Station -- but that's not the hotel's fault. The conference facilities seemed fine, but my room was disappointing and it took three days to get someone to put a lightbulb in the bathroom. The towels were astonishingly small, and the bathroom was pretty grubby throughout my stay (perhaps the cleaners couldn't see what they were doing with no light in there). The hotel had a confusing set of lifts, with one to take you to reception, and another to take you to the rooms. I ate one lunch in a restaurant which, although in the same building, was accessed through a separate entrance. All in all, it was rather an odd layout. The staff weren't terribly helpful and I almost felt embarrassed having repeatedly to ask for another day's wifi, which involved trekking down to reception and joining a queue. The worst aspect was getting bitten by mosquitoes, and the noise from the gulls or terns wasn't much fun as they congregated on the ledge outside my window as soon as it got light, and carried on with their jabbering all day. Perhaps I was unlucky. On the plus side, the cakes and biscuits which we were available during the conference breaks were absolutely delicious.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
wspaenjers, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Hyllit, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear guest, thank you very much for your comment.
We sincerely apologize that you had to wait three days before somebody changed the light in your bathroom. We will discuss this with our staff and make sure this will not happen again.
It is true that you have to take separate elevators to go to the reception or to go the rooms. As we explained in other responses, this is only for your own safety, that only hotel guests can go to the rooms.
We appreciate your comment about the internet access, and we would like to inform you that we have updated our WIFI system. All our guests can now login with their room number and last name and keep the same login throughout their stay.
As for the mosquitoes or the noise from the gulls, unfortunately we can not control the nature. We are happy to hear that you did enjoy.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

The hotel is perfectly located, just a couple of minutes away from Antwerp Central Station and close to many shops and restaurants. It is clean, modern, nicely decorated and the rooms have everything you need. The staff are not exactly friendly, but they are helpful and efficient.

And that just about sums the place up. It works well - it does everything a business hotel should do, but it is so lacking in character.

Good points: nice breakfast, nice bar (but see below), free WiFi, good shower in the bathroom, BBC channels on the telly.

Bad point: smoke control in the bar was poor - they have a "cigar room", but the smell permeates the whole space. Since the smoking ban in the UK, smelling second-hand smoke now seems such an imposition. Belgium seems a little behind the times in this respect.

Tip: Ask for the WiFi codes at check-in. It is not obvious how to connect from within the room and you will have to traipse back to reception to pick up the paper with the log-in codes. You would think that the reception staff would give you that with your room key.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located in short distance from Antwerp Central. The service from reception staff was good.
The room was OK, clean and the bed where good.
Bad thing in my room was the remote for tv. It was no control at all, but the power on/off on the set was working.
And for the breakfast waitress; Lipton Yellow label with coffee tast(!) is no good.

• Stayed: February 2013