Leopold Hotel Antwerp
US$278
US$244
US$108
  • Breakfast included
Astoria Hotel Antwerp(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$354
US$331
HotelQuickly
  • Room Service
All reviewspark viewdiamond districtcentral stationminute walkengagement ringwithin walking distancenice hotelprivate parkingold townfresh orange juiceroom was spaciousbuffet breakfastper daybeautiful citycity centregrote marktbusiness hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
FranceDZ, General Manager at Leopold Hotel Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The room was large and the reception staff extremely pleasant and helpful. I was offered several rooms on different floors and parts of the hotel on check-in. Relying on reviews here, I refused what would have been great views over the park (and busy main road) for the quiet of the back ... and quiet it was. I had the best sleep here I think I've ever had in a hotel - quiet and an incredibly comfortable bed with a choice of hard or soft pillows.

I didn't eat dinner in the restaurant but the breakfast looked excellent although I only had a couple of croissants & jam + a mug of tea. There were the normal continental options plus salmon and various hot items.

There were only a couple of things that stopped me giving this a 5 star review, neither of which were the hotel's fault. I only went in the bar once. The bar itself was surrounded by a very large noisy group of people (conference particpants?) who made it almost impossible to buy a drink and it was just too loud & raucous for a quiet evening drink. They were there every evening I stayed there so I did without wine after my free glass (from booking via their website). I was probably just unlucky with the days I was there - I imagine it would be much better at the weekend when it's people on holiday rather than business people.

The other is the position of the hotel. It's between the station and the old town but slightly to the side. It means that wherever you want to go to you will need to walk before you can get a bus or tram. That said, Opera pre-Metro station isn't too far and from there you can go almost anywhere. Alternatively you can walk across the park and catch a bus to the centre although I only discovered this on the last day.

All in all I liked and appreciated the hotel and would certainly consider staying there when I go to Antwerp again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank GillB

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am glad to be able to inform the whole Leopold-team about your wonderful time at our hotel. We hope you will choose us again in the future, so you can have the same experience and leave the hotel again after a well deserved night of sleep and an extensive breakfast buffet.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

As you exit Centraal Station, turn left on to Pelikaanstraat. Continue until the staion building ends and turn right into Lange Kievitstraat. There is a bar on the corner here called De Klok, an unassuming yet friendly locals hang out; if it's lunchtime, you could do a lot worse than go in there, as they do a very nice selection of beers, baguettes and coffee. I went for pickled herring, delicious! I digress; continue straight up Lange Kievitstraat until you hit the main road, Quinten Matsijslei. The Leopold is on the corner on your right. Could not be simpler and should take 10 minutes max (unless you visit De Klok, in which case it is likely to take considerably longer). The area is nondescript but safe.

Reception staff could not have been more efficient or friendlier. The room had all it advertised, the bed was so comfortable and there was excellent water pressure in the shower. The place is spotlessly clean. I could get BBC channels on the TV but no films due to a global fault. This is a minor issue which did not detract from my stay; I was actually immediately moved to another room without asking, but to no avail.

Groen Plats and the Grote Markt, the centre of town, are 10-15 minutes walk away, where there is a good selection of restaurants. Kelly's Irish bar, up by the station, is great for football watching but get there early as it gets crammed.

Breakfast at the Leopold is €12. While some may baulk at that, there is an extensive selection of hot and cold food which should satisfy most people. I was more than happy.

All in all, an excellent short break. I unreservedly recommend this hotel as outstanding value for money

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Colin M
FranceDZ, General Manager at Leopold Hotel Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We spent a night last weekend at the leopold hotel.
Check-in and out very smooth,very friendly staff.
Room is nice,clean,good beds,nice view on the park.
Breakfastbuffet (food) is good, we went at 9h30 for breakfast during rush hour.i dont like queing for coffee!it was a bit of a mess.

We really missed being served coffee,thea or hot chocolate at the table.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
FranceDZ, General Manager at Leopold Hotel Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at Leopold Hotel. Please know that i appreciate very much your comment regarding the coffee and that this will be discussed in our next staff meeting. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Last weekend I stayed in the Leopold Hotel during a city trip, superb hotel !! nice and quiet room, excellent service. The staff was very attentive , a good bar .Next time I'll come back WITH my friend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nathalie H

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Leopold Hotel for your stay in Antwerp and for sharing this wonderful review. It gives us great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!