“Superb hotel ideally located to explore the city of Antwerp”

Leopold Hotel Antwerp
Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Antwerp
Galway, Ireland
“Superb hotel ideally located to explore the city of Antwerp”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel was ideally located within walking distance of Central Station. The location also made it perfect for exploring all the city of Antwerp had to offer. The service was exceptional throughout our stay. Everyone from the night porter to the breakfast service staff made us feel welcome and were beyond helpful! We were welcomed warmly each morning to breakfast and also enjoyed drinks at the hotel bar. The rooms were clean, spacious and modern (the rooms overlooking the park in particular were amazing). I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. While we were a group on a city break, the hotel would also be ideal for families or business

Room Tip: Park view is a must!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank aoifeglennon
FranceDZ, General Manager at Leopold Hotel Antwerp, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for this wonderful review. It was a great pleasure to serve you and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

France De Zutter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Everything is good about this hotel except for the location. It's about 10 mins walk from the central station, and wasn't easy to find for your day 1 especially with luggage. Everything else is good and up to expectation. Staff are friendly even if they dont know the directions that well. =) Recommend to stay if you dont mind the location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank py_bh
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing this positive review. We are happy to read that we lived up to your expectations and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Warm regards,

Beijing, China
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel has a very nice location, everything is at walking distance and is right across the nice city park where it is nice to go jogging or to have a walk. The staff is very friendly! I was there with a group of about 10 people and the friendly lady at the bar was even prepared to keep the bar open half an hour more so that we could enjoy another drink. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. If you are lucky you even have a view on the nice park across the street. Breakfast is just great and definitely value for money. One of the things I like the most about this hotel and its staff is the personal approach you get. The general manager is always around to see if everything is ok and to make sure that you are satisfied. It makes you really feel like a guest and not just a room number. I know one thing! If I return to Antwerp I will most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank xiayingxue
FranceDZ, General Manager at Leopold Hotel Antwerp, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the kind words. We are looking forward to see you again because obviously we love happy returning guests. You have experienced the ‘home away from home feeling’ in our hotel and that is exactly what we aim for.

Yours sincerely,

London, UK
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was our second stay in this hotel, the room was modern and clean, with a nice size bed. Approx 10-15 mins walk from the Central station.

Friendly reception staff and helpful restaurant staff.

Good quality breakfast too. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us again and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with our service. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Amersham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The room was large and the reception staff extremely pleasant and helpful. I was offered several rooms on different floors and parts of the hotel on check-in. Relying on reviews here, I refused what would have been great views over the park (and busy main road) for the quiet of the back ... and quiet it was. I had the best sleep here I think I've ever had in a hotel - quiet and an incredibly comfortable bed with a choice of hard or soft pillows.

I didn't eat dinner in the restaurant but the breakfast looked excellent although I only had a couple of croissants & jam + a mug of tea. There were the normal continental options plus salmon and various hot items.

There were only a couple of things that stopped me giving this a 5 star review, neither of which were the hotel's fault. I only went in the bar once. The bar itself was surrounded by a very large noisy group of people (conference particpants?) who made it almost impossible to buy a drink and it was just too loud & raucous for a quiet evening drink. They were there every evening I stayed there so I did without wine after my free glass (from booking via their website). I was probably just unlucky with the days I was there - I imagine it would be much better at the weekend when it's people on holiday rather than business people.

The other is the position of the hotel. It's between the station and the old town but slightly to the side. It means that wherever you want to go to you will need to walk before you can get a bus or tram. That said, Opera pre-Metro station isn't too far and from there you can go almost anywhere. Alternatively you can walk across the park and catch a bus to the centre although I only discovered this on the last day.

All in all I liked and appreciated the hotel and would certainly consider staying there when I go to Antwerp again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank GillB
FranceDZ, General Manager at Leopold Hotel Antwerp, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am glad to be able to inform the whole Leopold-team about your wonderful time at our hotel. We hope you will choose us again in the future, so you can have the same experience and leave the hotel again after a well deserved night of sleep and an extensive breakfast buffet.

Great Bookham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

As you exit Centraal Station, turn left on to Pelikaanstraat. Continue until the staion building ends and turn right into Lange Kievitstraat. There is a bar on the corner here called De Klok, an unassuming yet friendly locals hang out; if it's lunchtime, you could do a lot worse than go in there, as they do a very nice selection of beers, baguettes and coffee. I went for pickled herring, delicious! I digress; continue straight up Lange Kievitstraat until you hit the main road, Quinten Matsijslei. The Leopold is on the corner on your right. Could not be simpler and should take 10 minutes max (unless you visit De Klok, in which case it is likely to take considerably longer). The area is nondescript but safe.

Reception staff could not have been more efficient or friendlier. The room had all it advertised, the bed was so comfortable and there was excellent water pressure in the shower. The place is spotlessly clean. I could get BBC channels on the TV but no films due to a global fault. This is a minor issue which did not detract from my stay; I was actually immediately moved to another room without asking, but to no avail.

Groen Plats and the Grote Markt, the centre of town, are 10-15 minutes walk away, where there is a good selection of restaurants. Kelly's Irish bar, up by the station, is great for football watching but get there early as it gets crammed.

Breakfast at the Leopold is €12. While some may baulk at that, there is an extensive selection of hot and cold food which should satisfy most people. I was more than happy.

All in all, an excellent short break. I unreservedly recommend this hotel as outstanding value for money

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Colin M
FranceDZ, General Manager at Leopold Hotel Antwerp, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.