“Great location and pretty nice hotel.”

Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp
Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Antwerp
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I really enjoyed the Radisson Blu. It's location is fantastic. Just across a beautiful square is wonderful train station. There are so many shops, restaurants and things to do within a walking distance.

The service was great. From the folks at the front desk to room service. Everyone was courteous and professional.

I was here for several days on business. The breakfast was delicious with lots of choices. The view from the room where breakfast was served, is fantastic!

The hotel has an underground garage for parking. Be warned, that it is a tight squeeze. Only one car and exit and enter at the same time. If you are entering the garage and another car is trying to exit, let them have the right of way.

The location of the garage was not obvious to me. if you are facing the hotel, the garage entrance is located on the street which runs to the left of the hotel. The corner of Carnostraat (N12) and Vans Schoonhovenstraat.

I ordered room service my first night. I ordered Caesar salad and spring rolls for dinner. Dinner was very, very good. They topped my Caesar salad with a pouched egg, which I thought was a muffin at first. It was fantastic!

The elevators are a little slow, so give yourself a few extra minutes if you are staying on the higher floors.

I will stay here again, if my travels ever bring me back in the area.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 808. The room was good, expect for the view and the A/C. My room is located on th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Don S
Dhr-Acke, General Manager at Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Don S

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your entire stay so i do hope i can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great location opposite the stunning Railway Station and square with good walk to the restaurants and shops nearby. Was here for a business trip where we took up most of the conference rooms and the facilities were all top notch, only one bathroom was a bit unsettling with the pictures of ladies above the urinals!

I wish I had been able to take advantage of all the facilities on offer but overall the room was spacious and well equipped, Room service was great so no complaints from me.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the railway station and square as other rooms face less dramatic scenes.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Dhr-Acke, General Manager at Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear jcdcla ,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed staying with us and I hope we can welcome you back at our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. Very easy access from the train station. The rooms are spacious and clean. It is a bit of a walk from the center of Antwerp (about 20 minutes) but as long as you don't mind that, it's a great place to stay when visiting Antwerp.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dhr-Acke, General Manager at Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear AmsTravel,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Next time your travels bring you to Antwerp, feel free to contact our concierge. He will be delighted to show you some nice walks to the old town. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Blue Astrid for 3 nights in a standard double room. I'm mostly used to budget hotels in London and never tend to stay in this kind of hotel. I got a very good price and I'm glad I was able to experience a lovely spacious hotel room for once. By my standards the room was huge and the bathroom was fairly big too. You won't miss any luxuries here: plenty of towels and bathroom supplies, hair dryer, laundry line, iron and ironing board, mini bar, room service, etc. The hotel even has an indoor pool, hot tub, fully equipped gym and masseurs. It has a sauna and steam room too, which my sister used, but she wasn't too impressed with those. The location is great. The only thing I had trouble with was the free wifi. We could only get it to work on 1 of the 4 appliances we had with us. Even in that case it would only work in specific (inconvenient) areas of the hotel room.

Nice experience, but now it's back to budget hotels!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Danielle B

Dear Danielle, Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The location of the Radisson Blu Astrid is very central as most other reviews have already indicated, but what distinguished it for me (other than I had a very good price so I must judge it accordingly), was the view from the restaurant to the central station, which is majestic, and the service. The staff was truly friendly. The room is typical Radisson, meaning comfortable and clean and the amenities were fine. It was clam. Wifi worked very well and the breakfast was really good!
I would like to thank the staff at the restaurant for actually getting out of their way to provide appropriate food to one of our party members, who was not feeling well. They also showed a LOT of restraint with a (large) group of children accompanying their families to a congress taking place in the hotel. I would personally would have not stood the mess they made, but they were very professional in the way that they handled the kids.
There is always room for improvement obviously and in any hotel, so in this case, I would say the information available about public transportation could be much better: the information I got from the front desk on the buses and the metro was not precise. Yes, there is a tube station RIGHT next door, but in case you are unable to take a very long staircase down, or are accompanied by a reduced mobility person, you would not know what to do since no signs are available.
The pool is relaxing and so are the sauna and steam rooms, although they are a little small, but perfect for the end of day relaxation session. The gym was alright too.
I would stay there again if in Antwerp!

Room Tip: I did not get the room that overlooks the central station, but it should be very beautiful especiall...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Dhr-Acke, General Manager at Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Flying M

Thank you very much for your great feedback.I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and all of our hotel facilities. I would like to thank you for the nice compliment on our staff, it is nice to hear that they showed it's Yes I Can spirit. I hope we can welcome you back soon at Radisson Blu Astrid Antwerp Hotel.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

If you are arriving by train, then the Radisson Blu is perfectly located – just a 2-minute walk from the beautiful Antwerp Central station and across the Astrid square.

You need to climb up a few stairs to enter the hotel – however if you are carrying heavy luggage, the hotel staff helps with the use of a small lift, which is used for taking up the luggage and wheelchairs etc.

We had room facing the Astrid square and the Antwerp station – lovely view. The rooms are comfortable and of a decent size with tea and coffee making machine and complementary bottled water. Bathrooms have bathtubs and showers with fairly good quality toiletries. Towels though are a bit worn out and need changing. Wi Fi is free but a bit slow.

The hotel is very well located . Trams, buses and the underground metro are available as you step out of the hotel. The Hop on Hop off tourist bus starts from in front of the hotel and is convenient and a great way to see the sights of the city. Convenience stores are around the corner for anything you may need. The old city is about 20 minutes walk or 3 stops away by the underground metro.

Room Tip: Take a room facing the Astrid Square and the Station
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Pravine

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the lovely view at the Central station. I do however apologize for the communication problem regarding public transport. I will pass this feedback to our reception team so that they can can update this for further guests. I hope we can welcome you back soon in Antwerp.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

we spent 1 night here on a quick trip to Antwerp. The location is central and the room size was ok by my standards. Breakfast was good. Would have been an enjoyable stay if it was not hot been so hot! The AC was not on and there were no rooms available with air. only a small window could be opened. It was miserable! and had problems with the car in parking. hotel manager is helpful in this hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dhr-Acke, General Manager at Radisson Blu Astrid Hotel, Antwerp, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Ashley J

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and the breakfast. I do however apologize for the inconvenience with the airco. We are fixing the problem now so i do hope we can welcome you back in the future.