“The # 1 choice for Antwerp”

Hilton Antwerp Old Town
Ranked #2 of 73 Hotels in Antwerp
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We changed from Radisson Blu Astrid to Hilton during a long weekend stay (Thursday-Sunday) stay in Antwerp, because of its superior location in Old Town. This was a good move as we had nice restaurants and bars right outside the hotel.

We stayed on the Executive Floor with Lounge access. The Lounge is one of the better I have experienced; it was quite spacious with an outdoor veranda and a great evening reception. The breakfast in the Lounge was also quite good, although the selection was a bit better in the main restaurant.

The room itself was also of good quality, with comfortable, firm beds.

The charge for WiFi, is dated and expensive. I'm a HH Gold so I didn't have to pay for access, but the price for the 3 different speed options, low (15 Eur), medium (25), and high (35/day), is really outrageous.

The gym is nice with good equipment, the only annoying part is that you have to bring a towel from the room, its run by an independent company, and the clerk refused to give me a towel. With that said he was kind enough to arrange a towel from the hotel and gave me one during my work out.

We order taxi through the hotel on two occasions and the service was spot on.

I can truly recommend this hotel, especially if you’re in Antwerp for tourism.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sören
GM-Hilton-Antwerp, General Manager at Hilton Antwerp Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Dear Soren,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your very positive view of our hotel, The Hilton Antwerp. I am pleased that having moved from one of our competitor hotels you were happy with your decision, and that you were able to enjoy our great city from our hotel's superb vantage point. I certainly can understand your comment regarding internet charges, and while this is a commonplace expense in almost all major brand hotels throughout Europe, we do realise it is something that guests more and more expect to be complimentary. In light of that, recently Hilton Worldwide decided all Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members would benefit from complimentary high speed internet access. I am glad you were able to avail yourself of this benefit. Our fitness facility is as you have so rightly mentioned, run by an outside firm. This has allowed us to provide our guests a far larger fitness center, with far more facilities than a fitness that would normally be run by a hotel itself. We do have a card in our guestroom bathrooms explaining all the facilities of the ReSet Fitness Center as well as a mention to bring a towel from your room or to ask for one at reception. I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this might have caused, and am very happy that the Fitness Instructor on duty was able to assist you.

Once again, my sincere thanks for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor, and we all look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again to our city and of course to the Hilton Antwerp.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,233)

Reviewed 12 September 2011

I have stayed for many times in this Hilton and every time I am pleased to say, wonderful! The only point is the air-conditioning in the lobby but as they told me there are many older ladies (coming for the diamonds) and they prefer a slightly warmer climate. For the rest, again, wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Barthendriks007
RobertKrygsman, General Manager at Hilton Antwerp Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the fellow travellers of Tripadvisor. I was very pleased to read your very positive comments and am hopeful that when your travels bring you back to our great city, you will once again plan to stay with us at the Hilton Antwerp. Once again, thank you very much and we wish you continued safe travels.

Reviewed 9 September 2011

I have been to Hilton's around the world and this one is in my top 5. Location and executive service was top notch. Parking is a little tricky but once you find it your good to go.

• Stayed: August 2011
GM-Hilton-Antwerp, General Manager at Hilton Antwerp Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Dear Starbucks-Tracker,

Just a quick Thank You for taking the time to rate our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are all so very pleased that you have rated us so highly, and that you enjoyed your stay. It is great to read that the Hilton Antwerp ranks as one of your favorite hotels. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Many Thanks again.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

As a diamond member we were located on the executive floor where there was a lounge that was basically open all day. The room was a tad small but lovely nonetheless. Far from the elevator as requested.
Breakfast was basic with croissants and cheese, etc. Snacks in the afternoon were good and filling. Drinks all day was a nice perk. All at the executive lounge on the 5th floor.
We had an arrival platter along with another platter the night before we checked out. All was very good.
Hotel has high tea which I didn't get a chance to enjoy but am sure is fabulous. We did have a quick bite in the lobby one day and food was great!
Great location in the city right above one of the main subway/tram stations. Attached to a mall with a grocery store where you can buy lots of good cheap Belgian chocolate. Located in a square adjacent to the cathedral. Lots of walking streets around.
A must for waffles and other Belgian specialities is Desire de Lile. Been to Antwerp many times as I have family there and always go here for my afternoon snack and coffee.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
GM-Hilton-Antwerp, General Manager at Hilton Antwerp Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

Dear caribecouple2010,

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to share your Antwerp experience with other travellers through Trip Advisor! My team and I are of course very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel as that is our goal for all our guests. It is particularly pleasing to read as being a Hilton Honors Diamond member, you are frequent travellers, and undoubtedly have high expectations which I am very glad we met and exceeded. Your recommendation regarding the waffles at Desire de Lille is one I can 100% agree with, delicious! We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Antwerp and of course our lovely city in the not too distant future.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

We had a weekend away here in August '11.

First thing to say is that the hotel is wonderfully central to the old town of Antwerp. Located on Groenplaats right by the pictureesque cathedral. You're right in the center of the old town and its small shops and cafes. There is a lovely covered terrace cafe that you can sit in and watch the world go by.

As for all Hiltons, internet is available, but quite expensive.

The room was surprisingly spaceous with a nice view of the cathedral. The hotel itself was clean and very friendly. The staff seemed very proud of their city, which was actually quite nice to hear. Also, considering that you are right in the middle of a city, the room was surprisingly quiet and peaceful.

The only downside to the hotel is that it lacks a pool. There is a gym, but a pool would have been the finishing touch to a great hotel.

Overall, would definitely recommend for a nice relaxed break.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blaeu

Reviewed 4 September 2011

My husband, our 11 year old daughter and I took Hilton up on their "get away this summer" offer; a stay for 3 persons in a double room, with free extra bed and breakfast, at a very nice price.
The room was really comfortable, the breakfast very good and the staff was excellent. So friendly and accomodating! Our daughter loved the experience. Antwerp is a lovely city and worhwhile visiting. The Hilton is right in the center near the Cathedral; the perfect location for a city break. Great hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Arienne
GM-Hilton-Antwerp, General Manager at Hilton Antwerp Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Dear Arienne,

I wanted to immediately respond to your very positive review and thank you very much for taking the time to share your experince with fellow travellers through the Trip Advisor web site. It is always great to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay in our hotel (and of course in our wonderful city). My tyeam and I are very happy to read that you, your husband, and your daughter all enjoyed your stay, and we hope that when your travel plans bring you back to Antwerp, that you will once again consider the Hilton Antwerp your 'home away from home.'

Reviewed 4 September 2011

I had stayed at Hiltons before and have had nothing but great experiences with them, so we didn't think twice before booking this hotel at an amazing value. We only paid €110 including breakfast.

We arrived a bit early, around 1pm. Check in is usually around 3 but the lady was really really friendly and said she had a "beautiful room" ready for us. And she did! The room was huge! We later found out that the room's value was €399 and since breakfast was included for us, we basically only paid €60 for the room.

The room was big, the bed was incredibly comfortable and I love when they give you two big pillows, so that was a plus. The bathroom was big (it had both a shower and a bathtub) and clean, except for some stains in the shower and bathtub.

We had breakfast buffet the next morning and it was incredible. They had a huge variety of foods to choose from. Salmon, cheeses, hams, buns, fresh fruit. The breakfast area was overlooking the Groenplaats en you could also see the Cathedral from there.

There's a parking garage right next to the hotel, which will cost you 16€ a day, but if you park 200 meters further, you will pay 14,20€ a day. It is in walking distance from the Cathedral and the Grand Place, as well as the big shopping street, Meir.

We will certainly be back here!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Jazzabelle85

I just wanted to immediately write and thank you for your great review. It is always encouraging to read of someone's positive experience, as our goal is to meet and exceed the expectations of all our guests. I am very pleased we succeeded, and we all certainly hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hilton Antwerp again in the not too distant future.

Thank you again.