Hilton Antwerp Old Town
  • Breakfast included
US$154
US$147
  • Pool
Astoria Hotel Antwerp(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
US$82
Hotels.com
US$84
US$76
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Antwerpen(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
US$111
Travelocity
US$54
US$52
2,345 results
All reviewsthe executive loungegreat locationdirect accessexcellent hotelseparate showerthe heart of the citythe main squarebusiness rooman upgraderoom was largejunior suitecentral locationbeautiful citybars and restaurantsmini bartrain stationgrote markt
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We spent spent the beginning of a 7 week trip in Antwerp in April and our number one priority was convenince-this hotel fit the bill. It is a typical Hilton with very comfortable and large rooms but the best draw was being right in the old town and in walking distance to everthing, The staff was very helpful and made our stay a pleasant one. The breakfast buffet was very good. We were close to the rail way station and actually took the train from Brussels to Antwerp( a quick trip) after flying over night,. It was a great stay and would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geonannie
GM-Hilton-Antwerp, General Manager at Hilton Antwerp Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Geonannie,

Thank you for your very positive review of your recent stay at our hotel. I was so pleased to read your kind comments, and very happy to hear we were the 'kicking off' point of what must have been a fabulous 7 week trip.

We all certainly hope that when your travels bring you back to our wonderful city, you will once again consider the Hilton Antwerp. Thank you again, and safe travels!

Reviewed 12 May 2012

This hotel has the best location in Antwerp. It is very close to Central Station but more importantly resides in the middle of the city center. You step out of the hotel to the old town square with tons of restaurants, bars, shops and the point where the sightseeing buses/trolley pick up.

The lobby is very large and the front desk staff very pleasant and helpful. There is a bar in the lobby, and the breakfast at the restaurant was excellent. Guestrooms are larger than expected and the bathrooms are clean, very large and seem fairly new (I had a tub plus a shower stall - it was excellent). The business center was convenient and I was able to jump on the computer for 10 minutes to send a few emails, without being charged.

Our stay was short but everyone we encountered was great and accommodating. If I was to visit Antwerp again, I would definitely only book this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking, ask for a room near the elevator - the corridors are long.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear vg411973,

Thank you very much for your very positive review of our hotel here on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate your taking the time to share your comments, and are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Be it our spacious rooms, great team, good facilities, or the absolutely best location in town, it seems you were able to enjoy all we have to offer, and I am so pleased our hotel made your stay in Antwerp that much more special.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

The Hilton Antwerp is situated in the Heart of the city, at the "Groenplaats", near the Cathedral. Pleasant hotel, excellent staff. The executive lounge has a roof terrace. Breakfast is excellent, and in the bar you can meet the "locals". Good meeting facilities, too.

Room Tip: (Junior) suites are spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear TBRG,

I just wanted to thank you for your positive review here on Trip Advisor. It is greatly appreciated, and we do hope that should your travels bring you back to Antwerp, that you allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Antwerp.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Fabulous hotel, fantastic location, wonderful décor. First-location, if you are coming in from the central station as you exit your train go up the escalators exit the station to the left and walk straight down the MeirStraat direct to the hotel maybe 10 minute easy walk. We took the #10 tram out the front of the station and it took longer than to walk. The hotel has wonderful décor I don’t understand the negative reviews. This is what it is suppose to look like, very rich ornate, old world style. If you want a sleek modern hotel this is not for you, you are in Antwerp not the States. I would like to address the mall issue, really there is none. The doors are locked on the weekends everyone must pass past the hotel staff and you need a hotel key to enter the guest elevator. I am not sure why that is such an issue as well. On to the staff, I checked in and the staff member was very nice asking me questions about my arrival to the city, how my day was, if it was the first time in Antwerp. He seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. He checked me into my executive room and off I went to the lounge. The executive lounge is one of the better lounges in Europe. I have been to the Sheraton, Accor brands and many Hiltons and this one is really really nice. The seating area is lovely, many choices, different Baroque style chairs and couches. Yair the staff member in the evenings was amazing, always smiling and worked very hard to please everybody. The evening canapés from 6-8pm on weekends were great. Again the negative reviews are unfounded. I stayed at an Ibis executive lounge where they gave you 3 carrot sticks and a small triangle quesadilla and no refills, no extras. The first evening they had duck stew and a fish dish, along with endless chips and salsa, olives, vegetables and dip, cheeses galore, breadsticks. Later he brought some mini egg rolls, Yair restocked the bar when needed. The second evening they had the much talked about chicken nuggets and a lamb stew, along with the same endless items mentioned from the night before. There was an Irish family that checked in and at one point they had 15 beers on their table and Yair didn’t blink an eye, he kept bring them beer after beer and filling their wine glasses. It was funny you could tell he hadn’t seen anything like that beer drinking but he never acted like they were over indulging in the lounge at all. The lounge has a computer to use albeit slow. Afternoon tea has a nice assortment of pastries and the freshly brewed coffee maker was never out of coffee beans. Tables were always cleared immediately when someone left and ours was always maintained and we were in the lounge most of the evening. They had a chess game and checkers which we took full advantage of. The morning breakfast was plentiful, I do have to confirm the morning staff is a bit stern but I think that is her personality. I saw no interaction with the guests she was there to clear the tables and set them for the next guest and refill the breakfast items. The balcony was wonderful, it was a bit nippy outside but I bet in the summer it is magnificent, great view of the cathedral but you only see the top because the roof is in the way of the square or street level. My room was very nice with a sofa. The bedding was traditional Hilton, nice. I received a call the first night to see if my room was ok which I thought was very nice touch. I can confirm the minibar is very sensitive, my husband opened the door and put a drink to cool down and we were charged for five items, basically everything that was touched by his beverage, but upon confirmation of the staff they credited our bill for the charges. They apologized immediately no problems, just beware it is very sensitive and if you want it emptied you have to pay for the service of emptying the mini fridge. Cool your drink in a bucket of ice. There were plenty of channels to chose from all languages. They have nice toiletries, they even had earplugs in the table next to the bed although not needed I never heard anything and they were packed. The location is fantastic you can walk to everything worth seeing. If you are flying out of Brussels there is an airport express right outside of the central station next to Quality Burger that is really worth taking. It takes you directly to departures, no need to change trains, for 10 Euro you sit back and relax, it is quite lovely. We loved Antwerp. The town it is just adorable and can’t wait to go back..and stay again at the Hilton. Thank you for a glorious stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Theresa T,

What a great pleasure it was to read your very detailed and positive review. My team and I are all very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us so much, and I have posted your review on our team's notice board so they all have a chance to read your wonderful comments. I greatly appreciate the detail you have gone into in your review, and we will certainly look into some of the points that you have made for improvement (the computer in the lounge is one we are working on already).

Thank you very much for taking the time to share these comments with fellow travellers here on Trip Advisor, and we all hope that should your travels bring you back to Antwerp, that you will once again make the Hilton Antwerp your home away from home.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

This hotel is based in an excellent location, the reception staff could not be faulted and the business standard room was top class - don't be tempted by any other hotels if you plan on visiting Antwerp!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear PBJ77,

Thank you for your fantastic review. I am very pleased to read that our hotel met and exceeded your expectations. We all hope that when you visit Antwerp again in the future that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Thank you again.