“One night in Antwerp”

Hilton Antwerp Old Town
Ranked #2 of 73 Hotels in Antwerp
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We believe we selected the best hotel, for service, quality, value and location. The Hilton delivered across every point. Highly recommend the hotel and the city, looking forward to returning for a slightly longer stay to take in more of the cities night life.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (2,229)

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We had a great 2 days at the Hilton with a lovely meal on New Years eve. The hotel is not as grand as some of the other HIltons but is centrally located and within easy access of the main railway station (about 10 minutes walk or 3 stops on the local tram).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My locked hotel room was broken into and my laptop and Samsung Galaxy Tab were stolen. I reported it immediately, and the young lady manager there was quite nice at the time, assuring me that they would call the police and file the report for me (I was a foreigner visiting there). This report was never filed, nor has much of anything been done by the Hilton since then.

The Hilton Antwerp apparently counted on my gullibility in believing that I would not return to the country and go to the police station myself. I also assumed that the report that the hotel wrote up for me that night was not only for purposes of such as police reports but would also be available to me in the future. However, the Hilton has refused to even provide me with a copy of this report, informing me that it is strictly for "internal records".

Worst of all was the insulting way I was treated by the "customer service" manager who I was forced to interact when I contacted the Hilton a few days after I left. Never, ever have I been treated in such a disrespectful manner by a "professional". I strongly suspect he was trained to be this way, to intimidate people into pushing matters like this. However, I do not know this for sure.

Truly, I tried to be as diplomatic as possible with this person, telling him that one reason we had not communicated well in our initial emails is that language barriers were present (I am from the US, and the hotel is in Belgium), but then he stated that he was American, too. Whatever the case, I can tell you that the rude, bizarre emails I received from this "customer service" person certainly achieved the purpose in my case, because (unfortunately), I was so embarrassed and angry I put the whole thing aside for over nine months. I finally decided that I did not want to let this go by, and I wrote this review.

As for the rest of the hotel, it was beautiful and clean. There was one hotel employee (apart from the "customer service" manager) who was weirdly hostile to me, but apart from her, most of the staff were nice enough and helpful.

If you use this hotel, enjoy the nice parts, but do NOT assume that your belongings are safe in a locked room. I really hate saying that, because I am sure that not everyone involved with running the hotel would find my situation at ALL acceptable. But be careful

Room Tip: Stay off of the fifth floor, probably...that's the floor I was on and I had a laptop and Samsung...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank h0pezbeth
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This is our "go-to" hotel in Antwerp. So well located, our contacts with staff were always helpful and friendly. First time trying a room on the executive floor (5th). WORTH IT! Free breakfasts, and munchies throughout the day. Could even have a light supper in the evenings (though with all the great Belgian restaurants in the immediate area you may not need it). Will come back again..

Room Tip: Try the executive floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2013

It was a brief visit for one night during Oct 2013, arrived early since it was early morning flight, since rooms were not yet ready we were asked to wait however being Hilton honors member offered with a drink and some stuff to eat, it was indeed very nice since we were feeling a bit hungry and nearby restaurants yet to start serving. As usual nice experience with clean rooms and good breakfast in morning with Godivas chocolates...........

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bharat188
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The hilton is one of the best located hotels in Antwerp. Right in the heart of the city centre, close to a lot of main attractions and a lot of restaurants/bars/shops within walking distance.

It is a standard hilton hotel, lobby is nice and staff is friendly. Rooms are fine, but some are a bit outdated. I think they have a few that are recently refurbished, try to get one of these. Try to get a good rate, otherwise it is a bit expensive. The Terrace cafe is nice to sit with decent food.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Clean rooms and the perfect location in Antwerp. Everything you expect from an Hilton Hotel. The hotel is situated in the centre of Antwerp with all nice bars and restaurants really close by. The rooms are clean and quite up to date. Nothing fancy but just real good value for money.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends