“Thanks”

Hilton Antwerp Old Town
Ranked #3 of 73 Hotels in Antwerp
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Very very nice stay! I'll come back soon! Located in the city center 5 minutes walking from Cathedral. I suggest for business or leisure trip! Very nice hotel Stephanie and all front desk team are very kind!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I'll keep this short and to the point. For years I've stayed in one of the two Radisson Blu hotels on either side of the city. This time, I happened to be put in the Hilton and I'm thrilled.

-Big Rooms
-Bathroom has a shower and a tub
-Blazing fast internet
-Window opens even on the fifth floor (i prefer fresh air when possible)

Also, the location right on the main square cannot be beat. I'm very happy I'm here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Overviewing one of the Christmas shopping markets on the main square in the center. Plenty of restaurants in the neighborhood and good metro/bus connections, which will take you outside of the city center within 10 minutes. Rooms are a bit old fashioned, but I guess that's how European Hilton hotels are best described. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

You couldn't ask for a better location for dining, shopping and sight-seeing. It is about a fifteen minute walk from the train station, but it's a large shop-lined boulevard and easy to find. The hotel is lovely and our deluxe room was spacious and clean, as was the bathroom. The bath towels are large, though a bit skimpy, and the toiletries are very nice. The only negatives are that breakfast and wifi are not included.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We believe we selected the best hotel, for service, quality, value and location. The Hilton delivered across every point. Highly recommend the hotel and the city, looking forward to returning for a slightly longer stay to take in more of the cities night life.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We had a great 2 days at the Hilton with a lovely meal on New Years eve. The hotel is not as grand as some of the other HIltons but is centrally located and within easy access of the main railway station (about 10 minutes walk or 3 stops on the local tram).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My locked hotel room was broken into and my laptop and Samsung Galaxy Tab were stolen. I reported it immediately, and the young lady manager there was quite nice at the time, assuring me that they would call the police and file the report for me (I was a foreigner visiting there). This report was never filed, nor has much of anything been done by the Hilton since then.

The Hilton Antwerp apparently counted on my gullibility in believing that I would not return to the country and go to the police station myself. I also assumed that the report that the hotel wrote up for me that night was not only for purposes of such as police reports but would also be available to me in the future. However, the Hilton has refused to even provide me with a copy of this report, informing me that it is strictly for "internal records".

Worst of all was the insulting way I was treated by the "customer service" manager who I was forced to interact when I contacted the Hilton a few days after I left. Never, ever have I been treated in such a disrespectful manner by a "professional". I strongly suspect he was trained to be this way, to intimidate people into pushing matters like this. However, I do not know this for sure.

Truly, I tried to be as diplomatic as possible with this person, telling him that one reason we had not communicated well in our initial emails is that language barriers were present (I am from the US, and the hotel is in Belgium), but then he stated that he was American, too. Whatever the case, I can tell you that the rude, bizarre emails I received from this "customer service" person certainly achieved the purpose in my case, because (unfortunately), I was so embarrassed and angry I put the whole thing aside for over nine months. I finally decided that I did not want to let this go by, and I wrote this review.

As for the rest of the hotel, it was beautiful and clean. There was one hotel employee (apart from the "customer service" manager) who was weirdly hostile to me, but apart from her, most of the staff were nice enough and helpful.

If you use this hotel, enjoy the nice parts, but do NOT assume that your belongings are safe in a locked room. I really hate saying that, because I am sure that not everyone involved with running the hotel would find my situation at ALL acceptable. But be careful

Room Tip: Stay off of the fifth floor, probably...that's the floor I was on and I had a laptop and Samsung...