“Fabulous experience”

Hilton Antwerp Old Town
Ranked #2 of 73 Hotels in Antwerp
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We spent two nights at this hotel in July, 2014. Location is perfect! Front desk staff was the best! We stayed in an executive king. So nice to have a true king bed! Good size room, enjoyed having lounge access. Highly recommend this hotel - great value for the price!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Excellent hotel in the very center of Antwerp, both historic and shopping. Spacious room, good service, attentive personnel. The hotel has direct access to nearby shopping mall and supermarket. Most of the historical attractions are within 5 min walking. It takes about 20 min of walking to Central station, very convenient.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JollyRogerBiz
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Nice hotel and central location, staff I found to be excellent, nothing was to much. No air-con in the exec lounge (if there was it wasn't working) air cooling rather than air con in the room but good enough. As a diamond member of Hilton I've stayed in a few and this is one I'll be going back to. Had a lovely surprise of a bottle beer and chocs, these little things go a long way, well done Hilton Antwerp, you're doing a good job!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Excellent location right in the city center. Since I'm an Honors member I was upgraded to an Executive room. Had access to the Executive lounge which was good and included drinks (beer, prosecco and soft drinks), coffee and snacks throughout the day, Internet access and buffet breakfast. Front desk staff friendly and spoke fluent English. Centrally located in Antwerp. Great place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gogaterz
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The facade of this building is crazy beautiful. But inside the room, its basically just like a slightly nicer motel 6 or marriott or something. Like a lot of European hotels, their idea of a king is two twins stuck together, so if you and your partner like each other, it makes for a strange sleeping arrangement. There isn't really a plug in the bathroom for a flat iron, at least in the room we were in.

Hmm, what else...the room was large, especially for Europe. No tiny closet room like in Paris or anything. And oddly, there was no sheet. Like...just a blanket on the bed with a fitted sheet, but no flat sheet, which was strange for a Hilton.
Anyway, the location is perfect and we didn't pay for the hotel as it was a business trip, so for the location alone and the beauty on the outside...it's a solid place. ( and right down the street is a vendor with the most life changing waffles you've ever had!)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have stayed in this hotel many times before and as recently as last year.The location is convenient being close to public transportation, shopping and restaurants. When I checked into my room they wanted a charge card. I specifically asked them not to charge anything to the card because my mother was paying for my room. The clerk assured me that they were only taking down the information and we could use another card to pay for the room at check out. Within 15 minutes, I got an email from my Citi credit card Fraud Department because they tried to charge my card for $1,854.21. Since I had checked out of my hotel in Paris that day, I believe this charge from the Hilton flagged the suspicious charge. I called Customer Service at the Hilton immediately, and they said that as long as I replaced my credit card that they would handle things with Citi card. I brought down my mother's credit card and gave them the information. The lady working the desk kept saying that they didn't try to charge on my card even though I showed them the email. This lady became very belligerent and kept denying that the hotel had done anything. I remembered her from our visit last year. I don't understand why in the world that any organization would have this lady working the front desk. She even went as far as saying that it must have been another charge, even though the email specifically said it was the Hilton in Antwerp. The lady assured me that I would be able to use my credit card. I tried using it in a shop and it was denied. I called customer service at the hotel a total of three times, each time the person assured me that is would be handled and each time I tried to charge something and it was denied. Since the Hilton charges $5.25 euros per minute for calls to the States, I asked the desk if they would let me make the call from their phone. The lady at the desk, still tried denied any wrong doing by the staff, but reluctantly let me make the call. It took 20 minutes and two call to clear up the misunderstanding.

The rooms still need some updating. We paid to be on the executive floor, and the air conditioning was broken in the executive lounge and the hallway outside the lounge. This was during a heatwave. The manage did give us a voucher for two free drinks for our trouble, but we would have preferred that the air conditioning to be fixed. It was still broken when we left.

The food at the restaurant was okay and needs to get more variety on their menu.
I did like the people in the restaurant and the other staff at the hotel they were very pleasant.
I hopefully, will find another hotel in Antwerp to use on my next trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was visiting Antwerp to attend tomorrowland festival. Stayed at Hilton for a comfortable stay, but to my surprise the air conditioning was not working in the alcove suite during my stay of 3 days. Also lights kept going out every now and then. Which made it all the more tiring for me during all my stay. When I complained at the hotel they asked me to change the room at 6am,and then they want early checkout.

• Stayed: July 2014