“Great Hotel, Outstanding Breakfast!”

Hilton Antwerp Old Town
Ranked #2 of 73 Hotels in Antwerp
Reviewed 11 March 2009

The hotel has taken over the old Grand Bazar deparment store location on the Groenplatz, near the Cathedral, Meer, shops and restaurants. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Breakfast Buffet was outstanding! we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank DrCitrus
RobertKrygsman, General Manager at Hilton Antwerp Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the fellow travellers of Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read your very positive comments and am hopeful that when your travels bring you back to our great city, you will once again plan to stay with us at the Hilton Antwerp.

Once again, thank you very much and we wish you continued safe travels.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,270)

Reviewed 12 January 2009

My husband and I just spent a night at the Hilton in Antwerp. It is a typical Hilton and we found everything to be clean and comfortable. The service was efficient and friendly and they offer a great breakfast. As one review noted there was noise early in the morning (Saturday) but otherwise it was very quiet. As everyone mentions, the location is super for exploring Antwerp.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 December 2008

Booking in advance, I could get a single room for around 160€ per night; not cheap of course, but I think it deserves the money.
The position is right in the historic center of the town, in a magnificent old building. Just outside, during Christmas time, there's the nice Christmas market.
Single rooms are very big, with a king size bed. Magnificent breakfast with nice view of the square.
I really enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Filippo75

Reviewed 9 December 2008

I'm an HHonors Diamond member who has spend +/- 5000$ in this hotel this year.

Checked in last weekend for +/- my 15th night this year, asked for a quiet room and gave a 50 euro fee, not even getting a thank you. Got a room with communicating doors, I could hear all the conversations in the room next to mine. Decided to change rooms and upgrade to a suite. The airco couldn't handle the temperature outside, the room was cold in the evening, night and morning, even when I turned the airco on max.

So I decided to leave after one night instead of two. First thing I heard was I would have to pay a 50% early departure fee (or more than 200 euro). They backed off after I obviously got angry. As an HHonors Diamond member they even charge full breakfast + room service fee when you have breakfast in your room. At the Waldorf Astoria and many other much more upscale Hilton properties they only charge the room service fee. Afterwards the general manager offered me an upgrade voucher, which I refused.

Obvious that after my last experience the hotel clearly isn't interested in leisure guests, no matter how much you spend. This is the first time a Hilton property has let me down in such way.

• Stayed: December 2008
7  Thank DavidBelgium

Reviewed 15 October 2008

I doubt there is a betterly located hotel in Antwerp, but it comes with a price. Perhaps there are better options if you are on a tight budget. Having stayed only one night there is not much I can say. Like most of these hotels, I wish they didn't have to charge for internet, considering what they are getting for the room!
The room was nice and comfortable.
The coffee shop/breakfast room closes fairly early if I remember right, so I didn't try.
Antwerp is a nice city, with excellent restaurants, but like everywhere in Belgium, food is expensive (although absolultey worth it).

• Stayed: September 2008
2  Thank DanielDP

Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read your positive comments and am hopeful that when your travels bring you back to our great city, you will once again plan to stay with us at the Hilton Antwerp.

Reviewed 23 August 2008

Very nice comfortable hotel in the centre of Antwerp. We used Eurostar to get there from Ebbsfleet. The hotel is easily located using the Metro taking line 2 or line 15 only 3 stops from Antwerp station. The room and bathroom were both large which made our stay very comfortable. A lovely choice at breakfast. The staff were all attentive and helpful. There is tea and coffee in the bedroom and extra milk was brought in minutes after it was requested. A member of staff checked a few minutes later that the milk had arrived and asked if there was anything else we needed. I would return to this hotel and would be happy to recomend it.

2  Thank travellerkent

Reviewed 28 May 2008

This hotel is located right on the main square in Antwerp, with endless cafes to sit outside and enjoy a nice belgian brew and great flemish food. We stayed on the executive floor (it is a must, and worth the extra $) This gave us access to the Executive lounge, which had complimentary, beer, wine, liquor, cappuccino maker, snacks all day, and breakfast. The best feature was complimentary internet acccess in the lounge so we could contact family back home! Our room was great, a little small but the bed was comfortable, they have flat screen tv's and mini-bar. The hotel service was great, from the front desk to the concierge to the maintenance staff. We found everything in very close walking distance and it was very much like a college town with lots of bars, pubs, & clubs. If you are looking to try Absinthe while in town, just across the plaza from the hotel is Appleman's Absinthe Bar (2 drink Maximum), definitly worth trying. I would reccommend staying here and would definitly return!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple