Arass Hotel & Business Flats
US$279
US$244
US$108
  • Breakfast included
Astoria Hotel Antwerp(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$354
US$331
HotelQuickly
  • Room Service
All reviewsclosed on sundayslarge supermarketcentral stationsmall kitchensleeping roomthe hotel is cleanmin walkmicrowavebacksidechannelsrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Staying at the Arass was a mixed experience - some good, some not so good. The apartment was a good size with kitchen, dining and lounge areas and wc on the lower level, and bedroom and bathroom on the upper level. It was mostly clean but there were parts that could have been cleaner. Most of the lighting in the apartment was too dim to read by but free and speedy wifi was a definite plus. Staff members were friendly and helpful and let us check in early. The breakfast was buffet style and a bit expensive for what it was. The hotel/apartments are situated quite close to Central Station and the city centre shops/museums are within easy walking distance. All in all we were quite happy, and for a budget short break it suited our needs well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JZHendry
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed the Arass Hotel for a week when visiting my business partner in Antwerp.
The hotel is conveniently located, close to the major highways, the city center and there is a Delhaize supermarket and pharmacy across the hotel. My room was very spacious and had good value for the price I payed. There was a kitchen in my room so I could cook a homemade meal after shopping across the street, good when you stay somewhere for a longer period.
The staff was very friendly and I would say this is a good 3 star hotel. I heard from the management of the hotel that they are going to renovate to hotel completely which is always nice to hear. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Just returned from a 6 night stay. This is an apart-hotel...you are booking a room with catering facilities, not room in a hotel with 24hr reception. I had an excellent package deal that included breakfast and secure parking for £56 per night for a twin room. Colleagues in an Ibis hotel complained their rooms were tiny, with parking and breakfast costing nearly £25 per night. Our room in the Arass was an excellent size and came complete with a fridge, microwave and small hob. The bathroom was good size. The room was serviced every two days. There are laundry facilities (coin operated washers and driers). Overall for the price I was very happy with my deal. It is less than 10 minutes walk to Centraal Station and the wide range of eateries located by its main entrance, so it is well placed. Two points of warning; note the limited reception opening times and be aware that you run the risk of mosquitoes coming in if you leave windows open.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We chose this hotel for three nights in Antwerpen because its location is quite good for exploring the city by bike and tram, because it's got a parking garage where we could put the car and the bikes, because the room has a kitchen and because the price (213 € for three night, incl. breakfast, for us two) seemed o.k. Our room in the first floor was large and quite o.k., only the kitchen a bit poorly equipped. But this would have been no problem, at all, if there hadn't been this terrible noise from above.
The first night a large group arrived late in the evening on the second floor and made a terrible noise until after midnight, the hotel staff intervened, but couldn't stop it. The next morning the noise started again very early, so we got up early, too. The group occupied the whole breakfast room, running and shouting around, it was impossible to spend an enjoyable breakfast there. So we bought some coffee, milk, bread etc. in the supermarket on the other side of the street to prepare and eat breakfast in our room the following mornings.
The second night was even worse, no begging or complaining helped.I still have no idea what was going on in the room above our room. But it seemed that a dozen people were meeting there, talking loudly, pushing chairs and furniture over the floor, walking up and down and using the kitchen all night long. There was noone at the hotel reception on the weekend during the evening and the night, so we couldn't ask anyone for help and our complaints to the people above had no positive effect..
The next morning we told the hotel staff once more, begged for help and asked again for another room at the reception, but weren't given any (they said "It's fully booked", but I don't believe this because there were new guests arriving on the second and the third day).
The third night from Saturday to Sunday was the worst. The noise didn't stop before 1 a.m. and started at 5.15 a.m. (until the group's departure at 8.30). I slept threee or four hours, my wife couldn't sleep, at all. It was like torture, we were so exhausted, tired, depressed and angry on Sunday morning.
We will never come back to this hotel (where does it get its three or four stars from?) - worse than any youth hostel I ever stayed in.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly_unterwegs
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Location is convenient, not far away from the historical centre.
We discovered when we checked in that the management had switched the room we booked for something inferior and noisy. furthermore, everything inside is old and in poor shape, especially considering the rating in front of the hotel: "4 stars" (is this a joke ?).

• Stayed: August 2013