“A class, comfortable stay in Antwerp”

Hotel De Witte Lelie Antwerp
Ranked #7 of 72 Hotels in Antwerp
New York City, New York
“A class, comfortable stay in Antwerp”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I traveled to Antwerp with my husband, who was on business, and since we could not be booked into the Hilton (where he was working) for the entire week, we were reserved a room at De Witte Lelie for the first three nights of our trip. What a blessing, since this hotel definitely colored our stay in Antwerp in a delightful way. We arrived very early (9 AM) from a long overseas flight, and were checked into our room immediately. There were 2 flights of stairs to our Junior Sweet, but we were helped with our luggage up to a room with slanted ceilings, soft lighting, and modern decor with a courtyard view. We found the bed divine, needing a short nap after the flight, and the bathroom was large and beautiful. Two sinks, a bath, and shower, very clean and nicely decorated.

The location was perfect, on a cobbled street in the old section of town. You rang the buzzer to be let in the heavy front door, always welcomed in with a smile. It felt very homey and relaxing to be come back after a day of work and/or sightseeing. The free mini bar stocked with Belgian beer and juices was an added bonus!

I tried the breakfast one morning, fresh fruit and eggs to order, even offering meats and cheeses, as well as cereal and yogurt. I enjoyed my meal, even though I found it a bit pricey, I'm glad I experienced it.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for something a little off the beaten path, a home away from home, and a place to relax and feel welcome in Antwerp.

Room Tip: Room number 9, a Junior Suite was up a few flights of stairs, but it felt like we had our own privat...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Raisinany1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Excellent location on a quiet street. Not far from the train station and just a couple blocks to walk to the old city area. Really liked the unique décor and character; excellent space and comfort; lots of modern amenities. Best of all, very friendly and helpful staff. They offer a great breakfast (not included in the room price, and a bit expensive - but I enjoyed it every day)

Room Tip: They are all different layouts - inquire and the staff will help you decide what fits you best
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Fantastic hotel. The quality of the design and decor is superb. We had one of the duplex rooms and it was huge, with all mod cons, including an i-pod dock and free minibar. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
San Mateo
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I stayed 3 nights at the De Witte Lelie in July 2012 in a junior suite. My room and bath were spacious. This is a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World and just merits that, but is more comfortable than luxurious. My room had all expected amenities, but without character or any special appeal and was relatively spartan in appearance.

There was a comfortable lounge chair and a conventional upholstered chair. Halogen spot lights provided good lighting. Internet access was free and satisfactory. My room on the courtyard was very quiet except for a couple of episodes of loud footsteps and furniture moving on the wood floor above. The room had steam radiators for heat which I used sparingly and was comfortable. I did not need air conditioning because of cool weather. The large bath had a separate shower with lots of quickly-arriving hot water.

Breakfast was reasonably good, but overpriced. The "orange juice" was a strong contender for worst in the world. I didn't have any more after the first sip.

The location for old town sights is excellent, just a few blocks from the Grote Markt. This is a small family-run hotel and the staff was uniformly friendly and helpful. The recommendations for dinner restaurants were outstanding and resulted in astonishingly good meals.

Antwerp is lacking in quality hotels. This was my second stay in the city and the De Witte Lelie was considerably better than the hotel of my first stay. It is a comfortable, convenient and friendly place.

Antwerp is a nice city. I much prefer it to Brussels.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I joined my husband who was on business together with my daugters and friends to Antwerp.
We were very ipressed by the service and the look of the hotel. Perfect staff, perfect breakfast, beautiful rooms, perfect service, nice smelling flowers. We really enjoyed everything. We would also like to thank Simon for the amazing service he provided! He was the best help we could imagine! Thank you! We will come back!

• Stayed July 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2012

My girl friend and I decided to stay here for a short stay. It was her birthday and I called the hotel in advance to buy her a nice cake. They bought a lovely cake and also ugraded us to the presidential suite !! Wow !!

The interiors are modern, clean and very cosy. The entire hotel has a home feel to it - service is exceptional. The staff are warm and very helpful. Location is very central. If you like super luxury in a small hotel enviroment - this is the place to stay...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This is a small hotel with big rooms situated in the old part of Antwerp which we thought was more interesting. We had a duplex room which was overlooking the central terrace garden. It was large and airy with three big windows, comfortable bed, good sized bathroom with two sinks plus table and arm chairs. Not much space for clothes - we could have done with a chest of drawers not just a wardrobe. ( but my wife did take 7 pairs of shoes for 3 day trip!) Contemporary, slightly quirky furnishings in lounges which looked good. No restaurant apart from breakfast but we found two good restaurants nearby- Hofstraat 24- very good french/Belgian food,nice atmosphere, modern and De Peerdestal, Italian/Belgian food. Both strongly recommended. Parking in underground garage.

Room Tip: room no 9 is recommended but there are a few steps as it's on 2nd floor.very quiet.
Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple