“very friendly service, a great place to stay”
Review of Antigone Hotel

Antigone Hotel
Ranked #35 of 74 Hotels in Antwerp
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My partner and I stayed here recently for the Tomorrowland festival in Boom. I cannot rave enough about the staff at this place, from the moment we arrived they were very helpful and were willing to have a chat and a joke with us. The next morning we had missed breakfast by about 10mins and they went out of there way to make us a plate of rolls, ham and cheese to take up to our room to eat. The rooms aren't anything special but have everything you need and are clean. Which is all you can ask for really for such a good price. I would definitely recommend for anyone to stay here simply for the great service!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren N

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Fantastic little hotel near the old town of Antwerp. The rooms were big and decor was average, I stayed here for 3 nights and I found the rooms to be comfortable, it contained the basics, with a kettle, coffee machine and tv. The free wifi was also a huge bonus. The breakfast was lovely, with a selection of breads, egg, cheese, ham, cereals, fruit, yoghurt and teas/coffee. I would highly recommend the Hotel Antigone for anyone who is staying in Antwerp.

Room Tip: I stayed with friends in two rooms, one was river side view and the other wasn't, I found the ri...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dbra987
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We book studio room well advance. When we arrived to hotel, we were given a room which was a budget room. I complined this to owners a couple hours later, and they were very rude.
Next morning they sent us to see "studio", which was like 1km away from hotel. ( The studio which we booked was suppose to be in the next building just back of the hotel). The new studio was smokeroom, and quite terrible.
So we stay in the room, but we´ll never go back, and hopefully no one else do.
At the same time there was our friends in the same hotel, and they did have a good room (Bigger) but they were without hotwater several days. And didnt get any compensation of that.
So beware of this hotel!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JJ1232013
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Everything was good. We had made a reservation for parking the car and we could park it behind the hotel, this is not free but very convenient because the hotel is situated in the old city. You go out and you are in the middle of everything you wanted to see. We fot tips for good restaurants with food from Antwerp, this was perfect, otherwise you get often food for turists and that is most of the time rubbish.
If we go again to Antwerp we will go to Antigone.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GitiCapeTown
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Good location, very helpfull staff, the receptionistmgave lotsnofminformation n suggestions of what to see and do in the area. The manager is very helpfull too and did everything to make our stay most pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Trudy v
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The hotel is central and run by friendly staff. I needed two rooms for five and we were all happy with the accommodation, cleanliness and the breakfast. The location near the river and city centre is very good for easy access to the main attractions.

Room Tip: The top rooms on the north east have great sunrise views
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Phil B
Reviewed 10 January 2013

This was my first stay at Antigone and I was completely satisfied with our choice. It's a short walk to the city center, the metro, and a variety of nice bars and restaurants. And for the price (including the fantastic breakfast that comes with it) I'm not so sure you could do better than Antigone. The rooms are quite modest, but clean. Our bedding was pretty worn out, a few of the appliances in the room weren't working, and our window gave us a view of some graffiti in the parking lot but when it came down to it, everything we needed and really wanted from a hotel was easily offered to us by Antigone. I would stay here again and I will definitely recommend this hotel to any (non- high-maintenance friend) travelling to Antwerp.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family