“Two important things about the 't Sandt”
Review of Hotel 't Sandt

Hotel 't Sandt
Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in Antwerp
Reviewed 11 December 2011

A quaint hotel in the center and off the centre of Antwerp. Really nice atmosphere at the breakfast room-everything is self-service and the variety of breakfast really good (although I am sure people staying in American luxury hotels would consider it poor). Also a nice touch is the free wireless internet. One thing to keep in mind is the parking possibility which is not cheap in the hotel parking facility, the other is that the reception is not occupied all the time. Apart from these two which were not a problem for us we enjoyed our stay. We stay at the Cranley Suite for two nights and it was an absolutely charming room with nice view on a terrace and beautiful chic decoration. Comfortable bed too. Definitely a place we will go back to, as we love dining in Antwerp (particularly at the Fiskebar).

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel and found it to be immensely enjoyable. Our room was spacious, clean, very quiet (facing the garden), and had character. The location of the hotel is prime and serves as a good basis to explore Antwerp on foot. The staff was jolly but also very helpful, for instance in providing excellent restaurant suggestions for both nights that we were there. All in all, we had a great experience and will happily come again!

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Excellent experience. We stayed there one night. Friendly staff. Great and spacious room with full biew of the cathedral. Good breakfast. Great location. Reasonably priced. And most importantly: not one of these chain-hotels that make you doubt which city you're in; but a buidling with character!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2011

The setting is great, the architecture and design are excellent and the staff are friendly and helpful. My single room was huge, the breakfast was lovely. There is a lovely sitting room, and hot drinks are available at any time. Perfect!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2011

i loved it, clean, very helpful staff.
select a room facing the garden!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I should have written months ago. I have stayed here, twice a year for the last 5 years and never been disappointed. Lovely assortment of theme rooms, friendly attentive staff, and a nice breakfast.
Central location completes the experience. Will be back again soon.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I travel from Hong Kong every 2 weeks across the globe on business and never have I experienced such unfriendly, cold, verging on arrogant service from staff members at the reception desk.
I moved
On arriving from hong kong with mobiles/ I pad etc on low battery I requested an adapter. I was told I'd have to buy one from a shop ten minutes walk away as they had an Australian guest who had taken the adapter! Not a business hotel at all. I had to change rooms 3 times due to them being nothing like what is seen on their website. I ended up paying an extra 40 euros for this. Therefore my room was 190 euros and was seriously worth not even half this amount. It was raining so I requested an umbrella and was given a small silver ladies handbag umbrella!
I asked the man at reception if there was a gym in the hotel. NO ! As his response. Would there be one close by? I asked whether he knew of any spa's in Antwerp. Again NO was the reply, even though he was sat in front of a computer not once did he offer to help.
I found the safe in the cupboard and looked everywhere for the key. As it wasn't in the room I called down to reception and asked where this was. I was abruptly informed at reception and that I would have to come down 3 floors to get this.
I took the opportunity to ask whether as it had been 5 hours since last asking if he could possibly ask the other guest if I could borrow the adapter for 30 mins to which he abruptly replied" I will not do that"! I asked why on earth not and he put the phone down on me mid sentence.
I went to get the key for the safe from him only to have him ignore my requests when asking for the managers name and details. At this point he asked me to get out of the hotel! I have never in 30 years of business and pleasure travel visited a less friendly hotel with rude and unprofessional staff and service. He refused to give me his name or the owners.
I returned to my room , packed and left for hotel julien which was the best move of the day. Hotel julien has incredibly professional staff, superb facilities , amazing rooms and reception areas and Yes even adapters for their guests and the breakfast was fantastic. The owners of the previous hotel need to take note that being situated in a Convenient location does not warrant poor service and rudeness. OH by the way. Wen I passed reception on leaving this dreadful hotel, the same staff member called me sir for the first time and offered to help me with my bag!! ( to which I refused)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business