Hotel 't Sandt
  • Breakfast included
US$154
US$147
  • Pool
Astoria Hotel Antwerp(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
US$82
Hotels.com
US$84
US$76
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Antwerpen(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$214
US$173
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsold buildingcircular staircaseboutique hotellarge bathroomlovely hotelexcellent locationtwin bedsroom ratequiet locationbreakfast was includedcity centresuiteduplexmuseumhilton
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Stayed here a while back but just saw the hotel on trip advisor now. It was an interesting hotel. The rooms are all different and have a unique character to them. Everything was neat and clean. The location was perfect for walking around town. Breakfast was good. Overall a nice change of pace from a standard marriott or hyatt.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mjlynch
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed at the Hotel 't Sandt for a long weekend. Before my visit I had an extended communication with the reception staff and they were really helpful with restaurant reservations, taxi bookings and recommendations overall. Once there the service was not at all pesonal. It wasn't bad but it was not welcoming either. The room was spacious and very well heated. The weird thing was that once arrived you were given a code for the safe which means anybody could have easily access to the safe. The location very good. The worst thing about our stay was breakfast. For this kind of establisment you would expect a better breakfast. The selection of all the goods was very limited and tasteless.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I was in charge of arranging a business meeting in Antwerpt with a small top-management group and had been looking for a private and individual upper-class place. So I ended with selecting the 't Sandt.

All in all, everything was highly satisfactory, I would like to give a 4.5 star rating at tripadvisor - this is not possible so I choose 4 out of five. In the following, I'll explain the individual ratings for service, etc.

Service: Was awesome! Should receive six stars! Not only for the very hotel matters, but also in communication and assistance for places around town, the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Whatever I needed, they jumped for it, kept all promises (time and quality-wise) and were always very nice. Two very minor things I found strange to my taste but not overly negative: a) For a hotel that price, I would expect the staff to have some sort of uniform or at least dresscode. For example, for the meals, we were served by a kind young man, but you could not really identify him as the waiter. b) No matter if we were a big business group or private guests, I would have expected some more attention on the farewell. Basically, we were "out of there" and that was it. Hm. That being said, everything else servicewise was superb!

Price-Quality-Relation: I "only" gave four stars here. The hotel is really sweet, individual and ok, and all my "complaints" may be on high level. However, especially from a business point of view, some things could have been more professional without ruining the peculiar atmosphere of the hotel - e.g.: Well-working pens for flipcharts, longer and fully intact cables for computer connections and power, maybe some newer meetings room tables, pre-set drinks in the meeting room, etc. We are a medium-sized company in a "tougher" business and do not mind such minorities too much. And, as said, the staff was quick and helpful with resolving everything. However, this could have been a little better right from the start. Also, the meals (breakfast, but also the ones we booked, also buffets) were very nice and made with love, however in general I found them a little too pricy for what you got or too simple for what you paid.

sleeping quality, room, cleanliness:
The impression I had and the feedback I received on the rooms was wonderful. They were spacious and individually furnished, with "character" in a good way. I liked to come in and liked to be inside.

Sleeping was a little tough for some I heard because the hotel itself is rather noisy and not well-insulated sound-wise. Personally I had no issues.

Personally I am picky about bathrooms and would for (the respective room prices in mind) expect those also to be super clean. For a 60€-place it's acceptable to have a quick clean and no in-depth, thorough attention, but for the prices asked I think this could receive a little more attention. Again, we're not talking about filth or disgust, but about the line between very good and excellent.

pool etc:
I wouldn't know about any gym or pool but as we didn't need that and didn't have time for that, I hadn't even asked about it. I read that somebody complained about this - why? a) There's a website for information, b) Why do you come to such a hotel? Because you look for a quite, customized place. If you want a spa and a pool, go to the big chains - my thought on that.

Restaurant
As I already wrote, here also everything was good. But it's the question what you take as a scale and what relation to the price, and here I thought they could do a little more at the 't Sandt - or reduce the meal prices - see above.

I will not continue listing suggestions or observations because this might spoil to the reader my overall very good impression of a very lovely hotel; however, I think if the 't Sandt just did a little detailed customer survery or personally talked to guests about some details, I think all these minor issues could be resolved and make this place not "only" a very nice, but an excellent experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed here last weekend and was impressed by the hospitality of the staff. We reserved last minute through their website on thursday morning. Thursday evening I received an email that they would give me a 20% discount on the price of the room because the attendance was low.
The hotel is located very central making it ideal to explore the city. In the immediate surroundings there are numerous nice galeries and small boutiques.
The rooms are very spacious and welk decorated ideal for a romantic weekend.
The friendly staff really gave is the feeling you are appreciated as a guest,
Will definitely stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Small uncomplicated hotel in a perfect position to explore Antwerp. Nice rooms, attentive casual staff. Not your plastic palace and none of the naff features of the big conglomerates. Car parking on site (€18 a night) Don't expect a massive luxury Breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple