“Always a pleasure!”
Review of Hotel 't Sandt

Hotel 't Sandt
Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in Antwerp
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stay in this hotel twice a year on business. A great boutique hotel choice in a good location for shopping and plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance. Lovely, quiet, comfortable rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cushmeister

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Was booked in by my customer. Excellent location close to all major hotspots of Antwerp - all in walking distance. Big rooms (they call them "suites") in very good shape, with quality furnishings and air condition. WiFi is complimentary; breakfast very good. This location has its price - for lodging and parking!

Room Tip: Street in front of the hotel is a cobbled road, means loud. So better chose a room heading towards t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a short night. Got the Manilla suite which was spacious, cosy and comfortable. Enjoyed the short stay here.

The hotel is well located in the center with short walk to several sights.

Did not get breakfast here so no review on that.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Walkha
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We booked this hotel for one night last month. By the time we arrived in Antwerp, we had decided to stay for two nights. When we asked if we could stay for two nights, I was told that the room which we had been assigned was only available for one night. They did have another room which was available for two nights.

We checked out the first room (one night only) and it was very nice and bright with a large bathroom with a window. The other room was darker and drearier but slightly larger. If we wanted to stay two nights, we had no option but to take the second room. When we told reception that we'd take the second room, we were told it was at a higher rate - even though it didn't feel as nice. When I asked if they could cut us a deal, considering that we'd originally booked a less expensive room, I was told "no". OK.

After moving in to the "dreary" room I immediately found it quite depressing. I went to the front desk to express my feelings and to see if there was anything else available but, with what appeared to be little concern and no compassion, I was again dismissed with a "no". Trapped.

The room, as I mentioned, was a nice size. It was a long room with the end wall having the windows. The decor was drab. The wall paper pattern looked like it was soiled. The lights were all low energy, and dim. The bed, while comfortable, had a polyester bedspread on it which I haven't seen in a hotel in 20 years.
Unfortunately, I found the public areas of the hotel also to be drab. It's an old building but it hasn't been redone in any sort of uplifting style.
The breakfast buffet was top notch - albeit in a dreary dining space. There's a 24/7 espresso machine. Parking is inside the hotel. The location is very good in the old town near the pedestrian areas.
For a variety of reasons, I wouldn't be inclined to go back to this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boundary
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at 't Sandt. In our opinion it is nicely located on the outer edge of the old city. Finding it by car can be a challenge. Underground parking is limited but very good. It's an interesting old building and very nicely maintained. Our room was quite large with a sitting area, king bed and a good sized bath. The room was nicely appointed. The breakfast room is a good size and the buffet is very nicely done. Our only criticism was that our room (307) was decorated in a very monotone scheme.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John G
Reviewed 14 March 2014

A nice, small hotel built into some period buildings only a few minutes walk from the centre of a wonderful town.

Friendly and responsive staff who promptly emailed me on a couple of enquiries that were made prior to booking.

The rooms to me are more reminiscent of B&B rooms perhaps than hotel, more the feel of home than a hotel. But the rooms are comfortable and clean which is what one really is after. Perhaps I have become to used to large chain hotels. This shouldn't be considered a down point just something to keep in mind if you are expecting a more corporate style facility.

This hotel to me fits in well with Antwerp and it's culture,, very elegant in its way. The breakfast was very nice and relaxing and it was nice to be able to read an English newspaper too.

Happily come back here when next on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pugwash73
Reviewed 2 March 2014

'T Sandt is located in the centre of Antwerp in easy walking distance from anywhere you would want to be. It is in a beautiful 18th century building, and the decor in the room we stayed in also had a Georgian feel to it, with pastel colours and a calm and light feel. The room was nicely decorated and comfortable, and the hotel generally exudes a relaxed atmosphere. The breakfast buffet provides a good range and staff were generally friendly. The hotel is quite expensive though, but this probably reflects the relatively poor overall offering of hotels in the city.
As a tip, I would recommend a room at the back if you want a quiet stay as the street at the front of the hotel gets quite a lot of passage to and from bars and clubs at night over the weekend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple