Billard Palace
US$116
US$110
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Astoria Hotel Antwerp(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
US$98
Crowne Plaza Antwerpen(Antwerp)(Great Value!)
US$111
Orbitz.com
US$84
US$72
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I'm a skilled traveller with expirience from hostels and guesthouses to 5* hotels and I thought I was prepared for everything, but this hotel impressed me with its conditions. The only advantage is location. The hotel is situated very close to central station. But everything else... Thin walls and 24-hours noise, bad smells and dirty rooms (finger-printed cups, hairs), ragged furniture. It's OK if you stay for a night and have no variants, but I can't recommend this hotel for long staying and I'll never stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lilla_my82
Reviewed 24 June 2013

As my train was terribly delayed, I chose to stay one night, 7 h near the station. The single room is 48 euro.

It was noisy the whole night. Toilet was old and maybe dirty. Shower certain was old and nasty. Bed was cheap and soft.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jude9999
Reviewed 24 May 2013

This is probably the cheapest in the area - I paid 48 Euros for my single room. There is a supermarket next door so cut costs by getting groceries and eating in your room. Not the best place I stayed but not the worst!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2013

If your in urgent need of a place to stay the overnight, because your car broke down or you missed the last train, go there. It's cheap and very basic, but also very central. The wireless internet was free and worked well.

Room Tip: Pay 10 euro more (which I did) to have toilet and shower in the room, the corridor might be occupied all the time :-)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Once you get out of the train station, at Koningin Astridplein exit, you can't miss it. The location is excellent if you are travelling by train. Moreover, the rooms have an excellent view of the train station and the square in front of it. There is free wifi at the rooms. The staff is polite and friendly. The room was adequately clean and spacy. There is a fast food place right next to the lobby. But besides that, there are plenty of restaurants at the area around the train station with all kinds of ethnic cuisines one might think of. Antwerp is a truly multicultural city.
However, there are some things that need to be fixed. For instance, in our room there was only one plug socket, up in the wall behing the tv. So, in order to charge our cellphones and cameras we had to disconnect the tv. The tv cable was worn out at some point and it was dangerous as someone might accidentaly touch it. Heating was turned off so when we got there the room was very cold. And the worst problem was in the bathroom. The toilet pipe was not well attached to the wall pipe so, when someone sat on it, it got disconnected and the toilet was unstable because it is not fixed to the floor. Thankfully no water came out but it was nonetheless an unpleasant experience.
All in all, the location is very practical however there are some problems. It is a cheap and practical solution if you can't afford something more expensive or for a short visit in Antwerp.

Room Tip: choose a room with a view of the train station
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends