“Stylish lunch worthy of a Michelin star”
Review of Het Gerecht

Het Gerecht
Ranked #14 of 1,545 Restaurants in Antwerp
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Gastronomy Lunch menu 2 or 3 cours Only Menu 4 or 5 cours
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I recently celebrated my birthday here with my partner for lunch. Thank goodness we booked. Even on a tuesday lunch they were fully booked.
The interior is a sophisticated mix of old and new. A bit of an Art Deco feel to it.
The chef came to the table to describe the set menu which we liked.
The wine was top notch and very reasonably priced. We liked our wine so much we bought it later in the near by wine shop ( one of the best in Belgium) and found the mark up was far lower than in most restaurants.
The food was worthy of a Michelin star. Taste and presentation. Wonderful choice of bread rolls!!
The price quality balance is extremely good. We have paid a lot more at other restaurants for this quality.
We would absolutely recommend this restaurant for a couple, for business or a special lunch/ dinner with a friend or family.

4  Thank GLJDavies

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We were here for the first time, and everything was just great: the food, the wine, the service, the surroundings… We had the set lunch menu (4 courses, dessert included). All plates were amazingly nice decorated with delicious food. They have beautiful and colorful china, not only white as you are used in most restaurants. Het Gerecht is sure a place to recommend. Be sure to make reservations a long time ahead, especially during the weekend.

1  Thank Hugo_Nina
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I was in this restaurant fot thefirst time. Everything is very nice, service excellent. But, I think that the search to astonish brings it to the excess. I mean that sometimes they add too many flovours in a plate and in all there was something spoiling the whole

2  Thank Pino c
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is a great location that I have gone to with my parents and wife a few times now. The food and wine selection is always top notch and amazig. We usually go for the set lunch menu (with dessert ;) ). The food is very refined and the presentation is amazing. The only caution I put out there for none European travelers visiting is that they only accept "Chip and Pin" credit cards, so plan ahead to pay cash if you have a magnetic strip credit card.

1  Thank Belgian79
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I love this restaurant. It is one of the best in Antwerp. It manages to be classy yet informal, exceptional food without being pretentious and fantastic price/quality. It is not cheap - but equally there are many many much expensive restaurants in Antwerp. The overall experience is more than worth what you pay. We always choose the market menu, which they are happy to adapt according to the tastes of the guests and we always choose the accompanying wines as suggested by the restaurant. I cannot find fault with anything at Het Gerecht, service, food and wine are all on a par with a Michelin Star establishment but for a much better price.

2  Thank Adambe