“Perfect experience for an engaged couple...”

Hearts And Arrows Jewellery
Ranked #9 of 94 Shopping in Antwerp
Leuven, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Perfect experience for an engaged couple...”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Before going to Antwerp I did my homework and researched on the Internet about the best shops. Hears and arrows consistently appeared in many online forums, and here in Tripadvisor as well, as a place with a personal touch, and which gave its customers a wonderful, memorable experience. We also went to Geretti's (#1 here on Tripadvisor, and they were good and friendly too, nothing bad to say about them), but our experience in Hearts and Arrows was just warm, personal and magical. And I think that this is really important, since this is a very important time for you and your fiancee, and you would like to give her the most pleasant experience possible, correct? I've heard some horror stories of people buying from Orsini's (the biggest establishment in the main street) and getting cheated or at least, offended, by the salespersons. That's something that I would like to avoid at all costs.

The best thing is to set an appointment with Viken or his brother, who are the owners of the shop. He can prepare the diamonds in advance within your price range. His diamonds are all high quality "collection stones" with GIA certificates. Also, you can choose the ring setting for your diamond, so you can personalize the overall look of it. After you've found the right combination, he'll accompany you to a workshop several meters from his shop so you can watch your ring being resized, and the diamond being set in the ring. You are constantly assured that they've not replaced the diamond in any way. I've read on the Internet that many couples found this part the most memorable experience, and so it was for us. There's just something so special about watching your ring being "made." It's an experience that you won't find from other shops. (Apparently, both Viken, and Misa, the skilled worker who resized our ring, are all Armenian Christian immigrants in Antwerp who are known for their honesty and integrity in their work, such a rare thing in this high cost diamond business! My girlfriend had a great time conversing and laughing with them most of the time.)

After the ring was resized and the diamond set, we were ready to take it home, but Viken said it still had to be polished and cleaned. And so he took us to another workshop, were a nice Pakistani guy polished and cleaned our ring with some chemicals. Now, it was in this phase of the process that our jaws dropped. The ring and the diamond really just shone brilliantly and sparkled like we wouldn't believe! It was already beautiful as it was, and we weren't prepared for the transformation. :) This was the most fitting conclusion to our diamond buying experience. And I know it's an experience that we will always remember from now on when we talk about the diamond ring--how wonderful it was when we bought it. Like an adventure story.

So for couples out there looking for a good shop in Antwerp, we highly recommend Hears and Arrows! :) We would certainly want our friends to have the same kind of warm and pleasant experience as we were given the privilege to have.

Visited March 2014
9 Thank secondladder

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great place to buy a ring”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I travelled to Anterp from Dublin to buy her engagement ring. We had made appointments with several of the most popular jewellers but due to a misunderstanding, didnt make an appointment with Hearts and Arrows. We arrived there unannounced and I was shocked by the level of service we were given. We were immediately takin in and made feel welcome, wer shown a variety of diamonds and rings and wer even let outside on our own to see the diamonds in natural light! We had our minds made up to buy our ring there but had one more appointment to go to. During which my fiance fell in love with a ring and bought it. Even though we did not end up buying the ring there I cannot speak highly enough of the staff and quality of goods in Hearts and Arrows. There prices also were very.good and the integrity and honesty of the staff is in my mind beyond question. Well worth a trio to this shop from anywhere in europe (especially Ireland) for savings on engagement rings.

7 Thank Eamonn G
Thurndorf
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“GIA Certified Diamonds”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

On Saturday, my husband and I went to Antwerp to purchase a diamond for my engagement ring. We have been married for 17 years. I was very cautious about purchasing a new diamond, as the last time that I had it resized and repaired I was given a piece of glass instead of a diamond. I researched many stores on Tripadvisor and Hearts and Arrows appeared online to be the best. We viewed other stores as we made our way toward Hearts and Arrows. Hearts and Arrows sells only GIA certified diamonds, so you are guaranteed a genuine beautiful diamond. We had no appointment, but we immediately felt that we were welcome in Hearts and Arrows. Arsen and Viken were so kind, and not pushy at all. We picked out the diamond, and Arsen called down the street. Without prepayment, we walked with the gentleman down the street carrying our diamond. We were able to watch the whole process of fixing the prongs, setting, polishing and cleaning the ring. We then walked back to Hearts and Arrows and conversed with Arsen and Viken as we paid for the ring. We 100% recommend Hearts and Arrows for diamond purchase. They have been in the business for 20 years. They are very personable and sell only GIA certified diamonds with your own unique number laser inscribed in the stone. There is no risk of purchasing a bad stone, when you purchase from Arsen and Viken.

Visited January 2014
7 Thank happyfam0f4
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A comfortable buy!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

After procrastinating for hours and being made to feel uncomfortable by a few places, heart and arrows was refreshing. No pressure! My now fiancée found her perfect setting in the window, was advised on the perfect GIA CERTIFIED diamond and the sent off to watch them resize, set, polish and finish off the ring, all without parting with a penny! A great experience all in all!

Visited January 2014
6 Thank Jayde314
Tralee, Kerry, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent service!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

After a lot of research on GIA registered jewellers in Antwerp, we narrowed it down to 2. The first one we were keen on had great reviews online but through our initial emails we found they might have been more helpful to us. However we still made an appointment with them. We had planned to visit them after hearts and Arrows. We never made it there!
Our first appointment was with Hearts and Arrows. We were met by Vegan the owner. From the start he explained everything we needed to know. It was very educational. We had done our research so had a good idea of what we were looking for. He started with diamonds .70 of a carat and gave us different colour, cut and clarity and prices on the diamonds.
He moved up to .80 of a carat and after being there over an hour we realised he hadn't asked us our budget. All the diamonds were amazing, he showed us quite a lot. He moved up to a carat but we were looking for a 1.20 carat, round shape, between D and G colour and SI1.
He then asked us what we were thinking and my darling fiancé asked to see bigger! He then said he had a beautiful diamond in stock at 1. 21 of a carat, F colour, round shape and SI1 clarity. Bingo! Exactly what we were looking for. There was still no hard sale which was what we really liked about Vegan. We started to look at settings but my fiancé was finding it hard to pick a setting she liked. We had a picture and in fairness to Vegan he was making phone calls trying to source a setting very similar. He left us and went to his front window display and came back with nearly an exact copy of a ring setting which was white gold. It didn't have the pave setting that my fiancé wanted but Vegan said that it wasn't a problem as the ring could be paved.
We left and went for lunch to think it over. He were so impressed with him we didn't feel any need to visit the other jewellers. We called back to the store and told him we were happy to go ahead with the sale. After a little haggling and settling on a price, we paid a deposit and he then brought us over the road into a work shop where a crafts man paved and mounted our diamond to our setting in front of us. We really enjoyed this experience and were able to take photos during the process. We had great banter with the boys. We realised how genuine Vegan was because we had only paid him a deposit and he let us leave the work shop with the ring without full payment. We agreed to call back the next morning with the rest of the money( we had to go to western union) and he was under no obligation to trust us but he did and we kept our word!
All in all we really enjoyed our experience ring shopping and would highly recommend Vegan in Hearts and Arrows Jewellers.
He was friendly, honest, fun and a gentleman and we will be back to get our wedding bands from him.
Another happy Irish couple!
Nicola & Seamus Smith