“Could not recommend this place enough!”

Hearts And Arrows Jewellery
Ranked #10 of 96 Shopping in Antwerp
Dublin,, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Could not recommend this place enough!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

When I arrived in Antwerp I was overwhelmed by the amount of jewelers and the thought of finding value for money. After spending the first day window shopping and trying to get an idea of what my fiance and I wanted, we called to Hearts and Arrows. This jeweler was recommended to us by a work colleague in Ireland. We met with Viken who I found to be an honest man and who gave really good advice. I would recommend anyone going to Antwerp to sit down with this man first and talk about what kind of a ring you would like. We sat down for over an hour discussing engagement rings and in the end he said he would build our ring for us from scratch!! This was not an expensive job and well within our budget. We now have the ring and we could not be happier with it. I would have no hesitation in recommending Hearts and Arrows for both value and service and we will be returning for our wedding rings!

Visited July 2014
6 Thank MikeMilner

Linden, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Service & Value”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Long story short, I couldn't be more satisfied. I went here to buy a ring for my girlfriend and a pair of diamond earrings for my each of my two daughters. I had zero problems picking out the diamond ring, but struggled with the diamond studs. I had budgeted $1,000 for the ring and $1,000 for my daughters ear rings. I thought I had communicated what I decided on, but in hindsight I surely did not. I walked back to the Radisson and when I opened up the bag there was only one set of diamond studs and the ring. I was mortified! I arrived back at Hearts and Arrows and it was about 5 minutes past closing. The owner could see the panic on my face and opened the door for me. I explained that I wanted TWO sets of ear rings, not one. He happily tried to work through a solution for me and we settled on two gorgeous diamond pendants. I have not had the pendants appraised, but I did have the ring appraised. I paid $1,000 cash for it, and it was appraised at $1,780. You can't beat that!! I highly recommend this jeweler!!

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Omally1020
Leuven, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Perfect experience for an engaged couple...”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Before going to Antwerp I did my homework and researched on the Internet about the best shops. Hears and arrows consistently appeared in many online forums, and here in Tripadvisor as well, as a place with a personal touch, and which gave its customers a wonderful, memorable experience. We also went to Geretti's (#1 here on Tripadvisor, and they were good and friendly too, nothing bad to say about them), but our experience in Hearts and Arrows was just warm, personal and magical. And I think that this is really important, since this is a very important time for you and your fiancee, and you would like to give her the most pleasant experience possible, correct? I've heard some horror stories of people buying from Orsini's (the biggest establishment in the main street) and getting cheated or at least, offended, by the salespersons. That's something that I would like to avoid at all costs.

The best thing is to set an appointment with Viken or his brother, who are the owners of the shop. He can prepare the diamonds in advance within your price range. His diamonds are all high quality "collection stones" with GIA certificates. Also, you can choose the ring setting for your diamond, so you can personalize the overall look of it. After you've found the right combination, he'll accompany you to a workshop several meters from his shop so you can watch your ring being resized, and the diamond being set in the ring. You are constantly assured that they've not replaced the diamond in any way. I've read on the Internet that many couples found this part the most memorable experience, and so it was for us. There's just something so special about watching your ring being "made." It's an experience that you won't find from other shops. (Apparently, both Viken, and Misa, the skilled worker who resized our ring, are all Armenian Christian immigrants in Antwerp who are known for their honesty and integrity in their work, such a rare thing in this high cost diamond business! My girlfriend had a great time conversing and laughing with them most of the time.)

After the ring was resized and the diamond set, we were ready to take it home, but Viken said it still had to be polished and cleaned. And so he took us to another workshop, were a nice Pakistani guy polished and cleaned our ring with some chemicals. Now, it was in this phase of the process that our jaws dropped. The ring and the diamond really just shone brilliantly and sparkled like we wouldn't believe! It was already beautiful as it was, and we weren't prepared for the transformation. :) This was the most fitting conclusion to our diamond buying experience. And I know it's an experience that we will always remember from now on when we talk about the diamond ring--how wonderful it was when we bought it. Like an adventure story.

So for couples out there looking for a good shop in Antwerp, we highly recommend Hears and Arrows! :) We would certainly want our friends to have the same kind of warm and pleasant experience as we were given the privilege to have.

Visited March 2014
9 Thank secondladder
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great place to buy a ring”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I travelled to Anterp from Dublin to buy her engagement ring. We had made appointments with several of the most popular jewellers but due to a misunderstanding, didnt make an appointment with Hearts and Arrows. We arrived there unannounced and I was shocked by the level of service we were given. We were immediately takin in and made feel welcome, wer shown a variety of diamonds and rings and wer even let outside on our own to see the diamonds in natural light! We had our minds made up to buy our ring there but had one more appointment to go to. During which my fiance fell in love with a ring and bought it. Even though we did not end up buying the ring there I cannot speak highly enough of the staff and quality of goods in Hearts and Arrows. There prices also were very.good and the integrity and honesty of the staff is in my mind beyond question. Well worth a trio to this shop from anywhere in europe (especially Ireland) for savings on engagement rings.

7 Thank Eamonn G
Thurndorf
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“GIA Certified Diamonds”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

On Saturday, my husband and I went to Antwerp to purchase a diamond for my engagement ring. We have been married for 17 years. I was very cautious about purchasing a new diamond, as the last time that I had it resized and repaired I was given a piece of glass instead of a diamond. I researched many stores on Tripadvisor and Hearts and Arrows appeared online to be the best. We viewed other stores as we made our way toward Hearts and Arrows. Hearts and Arrows sells only GIA certified diamonds, so you are guaranteed a genuine beautiful diamond. We had no appointment, but we immediately felt that we were welcome in Hearts and Arrows. Arsen and Viken were so kind, and not pushy at all. We picked out the diamond, and Arsen called down the street. Without prepayment, we walked with the gentleman down the street carrying our diamond. We were able to watch the whole process of fixing the prongs, setting, polishing and cleaning the ring. We then walked back to Hearts and Arrows and conversed with Arsen and Viken as we paid for the ring. We 100% recommend Hearts and Arrows for diamond purchase. They have been in the business for 20 years. They are very personable and sell only GIA certified diamonds with your own unique number laser inscribed in the stone. There is no risk of purchasing a bad stone, when you purchase from Arsen and Viken.

Visited January 2014