“it's worth it, try it.”
Review of Duval - CLOSED

Duval
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I was by Duval a couple of days ago with some of my friends and we had a great time. the food was great, we loved the atmosphere. We took as starter a pompoen veloute, a vegetarian dish and it tasted delicious. as main course I had sint jacobsvruchten . I has impressed by the way the ingredients were combined to make this dish.
One of the things I also like is that they have vegetarian, fish and meat dishes.
We had a great Romanian white wine and the waiter gave us a lot of information about the dishes and the wine. We had a great time there and we will definitely repeat the experience.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

A couple of days ago I went to Duval for the first time.
I live about 50 meters away from this place, so I pass by very often yet never felt like going in.

The food is VERY tasty, but... I just get put off by how they want to be too "fancy".
The style in which the menu is made up is supposed to be posh.
The prices are rather high considering the portions are not very large.
When you look at the menu and the prices you would expect professional service, but...
the waiter I got was just a clumsy boy, the style you'd expect in a pizzeria or average dinner cafe.

In my opinion the restaurant would do better if they would drop the attitude and let the food speak.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

A friend of mine confessed: they have the best gazpacho he ever tasted. Although I do not 100% agree (the foam on top of the gazpacho tasted a little too artificial) I did enjoy a great meal here.
The restaurant has a limited card with 6 startes/6 mains/6 desserts including vegetarian options. I had a wonderfull aubergine and was given very thourough information on the wine.
Granted, portions aren't huge but the weather being very hot, I did not mind. Service was fine and friendly although the girl who served us was not 100% informed of the ingredients on the plate. We sat out on the terrace and enjoyed the buzz of the city around. All in all, I would definitively come back here as I did very much like the food.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

I was there last Wednesday, to celebrate a friend's new job.

The menu looks very promising; beautiful ingredients and interesting combinations.
Unfortunately though, that's where the positive side of the story ends... The service is unattentive and close to rude.

The food is way too pretentious and the portions are tiny. The entire group went for a pitta afterwards. This is ridiculous when you're spending 50eur a head without a starter!
I will definitely not return to this place and I would not recommend this to anybody!
There are much better places around in Antwerp!

Nb the acoustics are horrible in this restaurant; it's way too loud.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

a beautiful place this is. The reception was very warm, we felt very welcome, the atmosphere is cosy.
We ordered a vegetarian dish and one non-vegetarian, and both had a lobster-bisque.
The bisque was hot enough, but there was only verylittle lobster in it, it just missed some flavour, pepper and salt were in order.
The main courses were very well presented, with some special flavours and ingredients. But both plates were lacking some spices, herbs or flavours. We both had to grab for the pepper & salt again. The portions were also way too small, we 'r e used to better filles plates in Antwerp