“nice italian resto”

Ristorante d'Alessandro
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bij Ristorante d'Alessandro kan u genieten van puur italiaanse gerechten die de zuiderse keuken alle eer aandoen.Versbereide pastasuggesties, antipasti, insalata's, ossobuco, scaloppa, visgerechten, etc... geserveerd in een romantisch kader.Dit alles met een perfecte prijs-kwaliteitsverhouding.
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Nice place, in walking distance from hotel Docklands, friendly staff, real italian chef, good bistecca ( steak ) & nice gambas. **No free parking in this area.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

D'Alessandro is a very nice restaurant located slight out of the main centres of cafes and restaurants in Antwerp. However, it's minimalist, modern design combined with the excellent and friendly service mean that it is well worth stepping away from the popular areas. The meal was typically Mediterranean, delightfully served and very tasty. It was also reasonably priced so good value for money. The chef took a personal interest and visited each table to ensure that the Customers were satisfied - I definitely recommend it if you want something calm and away from the main tourist areas of Antwerp.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The ratings were spot on with this restaurant. Food was top rate Italian and reasonable price. Very friendly welcoming staff. Chef comes out to talk to some of the regular guests.

I will return on every visit to Antwerp.

1  Thank spicyjamaicangirl
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I am really happy with the experience that I had in this restaurant, after the first time that I went to eat there I was already pleased, not only by the food, that to be honest was REALLY GOOD! but also by the service. I did not knew the people or the restaurant and I immediately felt like I came to a friend's restaurant. I left with the feeling that I will come back, and I have more than 3 times already and the atmosphere does not change, it is even nicer. Going to this restaurant is now a thing that I look forward to every once in a while. I do not know a lot of places or restaurants in Belgium, but this is one that I can recommend to friends and for sure without regrets.
Keep the good service, nice music, great atmosphere and AMAZING food.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I had the chef's special on my visit ... It's hard to do justice to such an amazing dish ... When I realised that Alessandro had been there since more a less a boy I got to taste what that does to a dish. The pasta was the best I've had, period ... And the sauce, oh more please!

I asked him how he tamed the tomato in the sauce, as the previous dishes I've had, including my own feeble efforts, had tasted far too sharp and aggressive. His had texture and a soft, ripe bite to it with a subtle sweetness to it. Delicious!

I didn't have room for a dessert that evening but letting his creations pass my table was the only regret from my visit. No restaurant is complete though without service and here too there was attention to detail that didn't intrude but seemed genuine, friendly and swift.

The atmosphere is light, uncluttered, music unobtrusive and the layout of the restaurant has an uncluttered feel to it. (I feel some restaurants just cram people in; but not here!)

I hope that I get the opportunity to visit again and if I'm fortunate to be in the area I'll be booking a table for sure ... If you're in the area book a table.