“Poor quality for an A1 location”
Review of Brasserie Windsor

Brasserie Windsor
Reserve with
Brasserie Windsor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,119 of 1,459 Restaurants in Antwerp
Price range: US$12 - US$58
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
“Poor quality for an A1 location”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Windsor, a name that suggests a certain standard, te be precise a HIGH standard. It doesn't live up to what the name suggests though. We took a window table overlooking the lively "de Keyserlei", one of the main shopping and restaurant Avenues of Antwerp. Being a Brasserie the menu was protracted in choice which in itself is what should be expected. The choice was soon made, a hot chocolate and a Tripel Trappist Beer and two pancakes, a regular served with powder sugar and syrup and one with apple but no syrup whatsoever. It was promptly served by a waiter who has been in this trade rather too long and consequently has lost any pleasure in his work. The pancakes were very thin and nothing special. After some other dish which was good indeed the other person in my party paid a visit to the toilet and came back with a face that told the story. I checked it out myself and it was rather horrible. The light was broken, the door of the toilet could not be locked at all and the toilet seat laid loose on top of the bowl. It all breathed an atmosphere of total neglect. When we told the waiter his reply was short: I'll report it to the manager". I paid the bill and we left with the feeling "we won't be back here". Please make sure to steer well clear of this place,

• Visited December 2013

Brussels, Belgium
“tourist trap: bad service + low quality for high price”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The food quality does not match the price. The dishes are prepared in the restaurant next door and are brought in to the front door... The dutch ladies next to our table got a raw steak; my fish and spinach was ok but lacked taste; my wife had vol-au-vent which looked like soup (it was as liquid as water).

The service is equally terrible. The waiter wiped the crumbs from our table simply onto the ground. He had clearly been drinking (i could smell the alcohol in his breath) and he mixed up orders, so that my wife ended up with a vol-au-vent that looked like soup and by that time I had already finished my dish. The waiter also forgot to bring us the bottle of water we asked for.

I must admit, the waiter offered us a reduction. But, I still think we paid too much. The food quality does not match its price (20EUR per main dish); it is more what you'd expect to get at a hospital, highroad restaurant, or a self-service.

• Visited November 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Solo Business Lunch”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Restaurant of the mens luxury fashion boutique Windsor. I found it on a quiet evening as a great location for good wifi and some traditional local food as I caught up on work on a business trip. The restaurant was relatively quiet after the local lunch crowd and I was able to even make a few Skype calls. Great service. A good ambience if you are looking for a place to think. Try the fresh salmon ! If you are then looking for a place to shop for your man be sure to check out their store - www.windsor.be as the local stockists for Pal Zileri, Corneliani, V2 Versace, Hugo Boss, Paul Smith, Hackett, 'Jeans For All Mankind': Armani Jeans, Trussardi Jeans, Jacob Cohen ...

• Visited December 2012