“Highly Recommended - A Must Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Britselei 37

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antwerp
Britselei 37
Ranked #52 of 106 Antwerp B&B and Inns
Pennsylvania
“Highly Recommended - A Must Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2008

We stayed one night in Antwerp in a Britselei rooftop apartment. We booked through the travel site booking.com. The Britselei apartments were our favorite stay out of a four city tour of Belgium and Holland. The room was very spacious and modern, containing a full kitchen, living room, and bedroom. We were there on a warm night and the A/C worked well. There was a beautiful terrace outside the room where you could eat the nice breakfast of croissants and tea that was delivered to the room.

The hotel is nicely located on a main boulevard, about a fifteen minute walk from the train station and a ten minute walk to the main square in town.

The owners were very nice and helpful, providing a good city map and walking tour options.

• Liked — The atmpsphere, decor, and cleanliness of hotel; staff friendliness
  • Disliked — Staying only one night
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tunabear

Chapel Hill, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2008

This hotel's set up - private apartments with a friendly and informative owner - is the perfect way to travel. With a great coffee machine, snacks and wine in the room, we could eat breakfast at our own convenience, have a snack or an after dinner coffee back in our apartment, or sleep in and not "miss" the breakfast hours, and therefore felt much more "at home" than you normally do on a trip. The owner is a very nice British woman who gives you a map with her suggested sites, restaurants and shops when you arrive. The room was very clean and modern, and didn't have that generic hotel feel. The only problem was that after staying here, we were disappointed with our next hotel and wished that the Britselei would open in Bruges!

• Liked — Apartment set up
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HKB_8
Nijkerk, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2008

Looking for a perfect getaway for me and my girlfriend, i found the Britselei serviced apartments on the internet. After doing some more research, i came to the conclusion that this should be perfect for a few romantic days. And indeed it was. Close to the center of Antwerp. Exceptional quality, a flatscreen TV as well as a brand new coffee machine, a well stocked fridge and a great bathroom seldom to be found in hotels. We had a rooftop room, but as we are a young couple, this was not a problem at all. The apartment even had twin airconditioning devices, controlled by a remote-control. A great thing when in a rooftop apartment!

The apartment was really good, the service as well. Only problem we had was our electronic card with which you could open your apartment door. Ours wasnt working the first time, but this problem was solved very quickly.

All in all i can say we had a lovely stay, in a lovely city.

• Liked — Location and quality of apartment
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roadronner
Middleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2008

I stayed at Britselei 37 for nine nights while on a business trip to Belgium. The summary of this review is that even though this is not a "brand name" hotel, it's superb in every regard and you should go right now and make your booking.

I had a few basic questions about the hotel and Antwerp, so I e-mailed the owner and had a detailed response within the day. As my flight was scheduled to arrive outside of the normal check-in window, arrangements were easily made via e-mail. They even offered to arrange for a taxi for me if needed. When I arrived, I was personally greeted with a smile, and given a map of Antwerp with the hotel's location circled, and recommended walking paths to reach popular destinations (e.g., cathedral area and train station).

After check-in, I was escorted up to the spacious Rubens suite, which may be the one pictured on this website. The room was thoughtfully decorated, and featured a king bed, leather sofa, and kitchenette with a stocked refrigerator. It was also impeccably cleaned, something that I have not often encountered with any hotel-like property containing a kitchen. The tall ceilings and flat-screen TV with a variety of English, French, and Dutch language channels completed the layout. It was also remarkably quiet, since even though the bed was near the door that shared a common hallway with a couple other rooms, I never even heard the guests next door even when we both were entering our rooms at the same time on a couple occasions.

I found B37 to be very convenient to the main tourist areas of the city (10 minute walk to central station or cathedral area). The location seemed very safe and I was never concerned about walking in the area of the hotel either during the day or at night (within reason of course).

Even my Belgian counterpart, who had originally recommended that I stay at the Hilton, was impressed by the room, location, and kindness of the owner. This is definitely within the top one or two hotels I have ever stayed in, and it puts more expensive "5 star" hotels to shame. In fact, my only hesitancy in writing such a positive review is that some day I may need to go back to Antwerp and this hotel might be full...

• Liked — Kind, friendly, and personal service
  • Disliked — Nothing not to like (as long as you aren't expecting a pool)
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank TacoMel
Hertfordshire, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2008

As can be seen by it's rating this is a great place to stay in Antwerp. The rooms are very well kept and spotlessly clean and comfortable. Reception (though limited) is efficient and very friendly. Being run by English people you will have no language barriers and they have a good knowledge of the city too.

Bewar in mind this not a hotel as such more a selection of apartments with all the basic ammenities you need.

Britselei 37 is situated in a convenient and pleasant part of Antwerp and if travelling by car is easy to find.

Having travelled extensively in Belgium, Antwerp is very different from, say, Bruges or Ghent. It is much more a "working city" rather than a picture book tourist destination. That said it has a charm all its own and if you are looking for belgium beer there are some excellent bars and shops here.

The old centre is particularly charming and you will find a good selection of restaurants here.

The famous Kumilator belgium beer bar is a short walk from the Britselei 37 (fortunately!!) and if you can only visit one bar make sure it's this one. For a review go here: [--]

All in all a great place for a weekend visit - enjoy!

• Liked — Cleanliness, Staff, Location
  • Disliked — Limited services (no concierge in evening)
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank paulh1963
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2008

The apartment my daughter and I had, in the terrace, was great, spotless, huge and cosy.
It was very silent and independent and, when we were tired and returned for a break or at the end of the day it was as returning home.

The beds are excellent and there are very good blackout curtains, so we could sleep very well indeed.

The living room is nicely decorated. It has a great LCD TV, DVD player, a fully equipped kitchenette (modern espresso machine, microwave, water boiler, fridge and all the tableware and utensils needed), a good desk and a comfortable leather sofa.
The good products in the fridge were for free and were restored everyday. Each morning four delicious croissants were delivered in the door knob.

The bathroom was very nice and big, with a good water flow in the shower, a towel heater and good quality toiletries.

Both check-in and check-out were fast. After checking-in, Eliane gave us many detailed explanations and tips about the city, and procured several jazz locals addresses for my daughter.
She knows the best places in Antwerp. My son asked me to buy a potato peeler for him and Eliane gave us the address of a great specialized shop; when my son saw it, he said it´s the best brand.

In a rainy day Eliane insisted in lend us an umbrella because ours was quite small.

The location is very good, in a nice neighborhood with fine restaurants and shops.
There are trams in the avenue but it´s walking distance to most of the city attractions.

When we left, we went to the train station in a punctual taxi booked by Eliane (by the way, cheaper than the one that took us to the hotel). She offered bottled water for our trip to Paris, helped us with the baggage and said goodbye affectionately at the door as a friend would do.

I would love to return to Antwerp and, of course, to Britselei 37!

• Liked — Everything.
  • Disliked — I would like to hear music in the bedroom, but it´s a minor complaint.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Lidia F
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2008

This gorgeous hotel was recommended to me by a colleague, who promised I would absolutely love both Antwerp and Britselei 37. She was absolutely on the nose, on both counts.

I booked a short weekend break as a surprise for my Italian boyfriend’s birthday and he was utterly delighted with the whole experience, as was I.

On arriving at Britselei 37 we were greeted by the owners of the apartments, who took care of us from the moment we stepped through the door. We instantly bombarded them both with questions about the city and what we should do and they kindly helped us to start planning our weekend, by making fantastic restaurant recommendations (they also made reservations for us and booked taxi’s whenever we needed) and drew us walks around the city, which would enable us to see as much as possible in the 2 short days we had in Antwerp. Then onto the rooms…

My boyfriend and I stayed in the beautiful ‘Crystal Room’ which was one of the loveliest hotel / apartment rooms I have stayed in to date. (After having a tour of all of the rooms in the hotel) I feel they would easily rival those of Babbington House or Cowley Manor in the UK. The rooms were modern, but very welcoming and designed beautifully. The fridges we well stocked with basics to keep us fuelled for a day walking round the city, and fresh croissants were delivered to our room every morning. The beds were so big and soft I think I had two of the best night sleep, I have had this year!

We liked this establishment so much that not only will we be returning before the end of the year (hopefully), but I’m going to book my parents in as Britselei 37 is the perfect weekend break for ‘grown ups’ of any age.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing to complain about
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple