“Great hotel, business or pleasure”

Lindner Hotel & City Lounge Antwerpen
Ranked #1 of 72 Hotels in Antwerp
Cardiff, UK
“Great hotel, business or pleasure”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

This was my 4th stay at this hotel and again it was excellent.

The rooms are comfortable and the beds are great.
Wifi was free
Restaurant was pleased to serve us when we rocked up 5 mins before closing!
Food was great
Barman was friendly and hospitable.

I'd go back for a leisure stay any day!

Big thumbs up!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Peter N, General Manager at Lindner Hotel & City Lounge Antwerpen, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear guest, thank you very much for your kind review about our hotel. We appreciate it that you took the time to place this review, as it means a lot to us that you care. Hopefully we will get the chance to welcome you again in the future. It is a pleasure to have you as a guest staying with us. See you soon at the Lindner Hotel & City Lounge Antwerp. Kind regards, Peter Nuiten - General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I just completed a 4-night stay at the Lindner for business. I had a very reasonable corporate rate, that included the breakfast buffet each morning. The hotel is located right next to the Central Station, and equally important to me - across a courtyard to my offices.

Marco, at the front desk, was incredibly helpful during check-in (and friendly throughout my stay!) and allowed me to check in about an hour and half early on Sunday afternoon. The hotel stored my bags until the room was ready, which allowed me to do some sight-seeing while waiting.

My room was clean and extremely quiet. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I had slept well every night. The bathroom was also quite clean and well-lit. My only complaint is my standard European one...I don't know why a hotel thinks I would use the same soap on my hair that I would use as a body wash. In any case, I brought my own shampoo and bar of soap, so all was well. I found the WiFi to be quite useable, and re-logging in every 6 hours was not much of a chore. For free service, it was just fine for my purposes since I did most of my internet usage while at my office during the day. There was a mini-fridge, which was quite handy for storing water, soda, etc.

The breakfast buffet included eggs, bacon, meatballs, mushrooms, fruit, yogurt, cold meats and cheeses, breads, pastries, cereals, etc. While the selection did not change at all each day, I found plenty to keep me full and satisfied. There were small to-go cups for coffee.

I entertained customers at the lobby bar one night, and service was very good there was well.

All in all, I would definitely stay here again for business.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest, herewith we would like to thank you for your pleasant review about your stay with us. We are committed to the quality of our goods and services and make sure we stay on point. Therefore, we find your positive review to be very helpful. We hope to welcome you back if you visit Antwerp again. See you soon! Kind regards, Peter Nuiten - General Manager.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed at the Lindner for two nights during a business trip, the hotel was the closest to the office I was visiting and offered a company rate. Parking is easy in the public garage below the hotel and costs 18 euro's a day. WiFi is free but horrible slow, faster access is at a premium. Breakfast was included in my company rate and although boring it offered me anything I needed. Staff have been very friendly but the hotel (build 7 years ago) needs a little touch-up here and there, especially the ceiling plates outside the rooms. The bed was good but a little bit short for me, I ended up sleeping diagonal across two beds.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Peter N, General Manager at Lindner Hotel & City Lounge Antwerpen, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear guest, thank you very much for your review about our hotel. We appreciate it that you took the time to place this review, as it means a lot to us that you care. Hopefully we will get the chance to welcome you again in the future. It is a pleasure to have you as a guest staying with us. See you soon at the Lindner Hotel & City Lounge Antwerp. Kind regards, Peter Nuiten - General Manager.
London
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Was here on business and had a junior suite which was really lovely. Clean room and excellent bathroom. The only irritation is that you have to input the WiFi code every six hours, The hotel restaurant is not open on a Sunday which is a bit odd for a business place

Room Tip: Was on the 8th floor which was great
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest, herewith we would like to thank you for your review about your stay with us. We are committed to the quality of our goods and services and make sure we stay on point. Therefore, we find your review to be very helpful. We hope to welcome you back if you visit Antwerp again. See you soon! Kind regards, Peter Nuiten - General Manager.
Belgium
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed at the hotel in a business room for a saturday night. From reception to breakfast, we had only very friendly caring staff. I mentioned a problem in the rooms during checkout: the cups did not fit under the (newly installed) Nespresso machines. Immediately there was a ver good reaction of the staff member. The breakfast was GREAT, Location is great close to the station. Parking under the hotel... The rooms nice,clean and spacious.So very happy about the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelmale
Peter N, General Manager at Lindner Hotel & City Lounge Antwerpen, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear guest, thank you for taking your time to write this nice comment about our hotel. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially for mentioning our great customer service. Lindner Hotel & City Lounge welcomes you. Kind regards, Peter Nuiten - General Manager.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Great location beside the train station. My room on the 6th floor was very quiet, and a good size. The buffet breakfast was excellent, as was the restaurant for supper (but would be nice if it opened a bit earlier on Saturday morning). There are lots of restaurants on De Keyserlei, just a short walk through the train station. I would be happy to return for business travel, or with my wife.

Tips:
- the TV has CNN International, BBC, Sky News and other English channels
- if you need to check-out before the breakfast buffet opens, there is a bakery/cafe next door open 7 to 7, with many organic choices

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Peter N, General Manager at Lindner Hotel & City Lounge Antwerpen, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Reviewed 6 January 2014

With the great location this hotel has , it would still be a popular one , let alone being a very sophisticated hotel . Friendly staff , nice and clean all through out , they gave us a room on 9th floor with a very beautiful view of Antwerp city like a post card . Our room was very silent and the whole hotel environment was very calm though it was packed with new year holiday guests.we had a very pleasant stay in this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter N, General Manager at Lindner Hotel & City Lounge Antwerpen, responded to this review, 8 January 2014