“Beers in a brewery!”

Huisbrouwerij 't Pakhuis
Reserve with
Huisbrouwerij 't Pakhuis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #209 of 1,497 Restaurants in Antwerp
Price range: US$12 - US$36
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The entire brewing process takes place on the spot. Installation and production methods can be compared to those in a common brewery, but as a visitor you can follow the complete brewing process and this offers you a special bonus. It's quite clear that we just serve beers brewed in our own brewery, without them being available anywhere else. Visiting "Home brewery 't Pakhuis" is always possible in small or large groups to have a drink, a delicious menu, a surprising buffet, guided tours in the brewery with tastings of the house beers.
Reviewed 17 November 2013

't Pakhuis was my first destination on a recent trip to Antwerp. I caught tram #12 to the end of the line and after a short walk I arrived at this wonderful brewery. I did send an email to ask if I could take a tour of the brewery but was told that they only accepted groups of 15 or more on their tours.

Not to worry, I went straight to the bar and attempted to order a glass of beer. I had been practicing my Dutch but the lady behind the bar realised straight away I was English and told me to sit at a table where she gave me a menu. She then joked that all of the other customers currently in the brewery bar were also English - a table of 4 and a table of 2 English tourists who had all came here for the same thing - the wonderful beer.

So I ordered a glass of Blonde, swiftly followed by a glass of the stronger Bruin. I was free to walk around and take photos of the brewing machinery.

I arrived at the right time because soon a party of 30 Belgian pensioners entered the brewery. They didn't go on the brewery tour but had a tasting session and then proceeded to clear out the majority of the takeaway bottles of beer on offer. I paid my bill and was lucky enough to buy the last bottle of Bruin beer they had available.

As I left, another group of about 20 Belgian pensioners were about to enter the brewery. It seems this place is very popular, and it was only a Tuesday afternoon. I understand it gets a lot busier at the weekend.

Definitely worth a visit, especially if you want to buy some of the produce to take home with you.

There are newer reviews for Huisbrouwerij 't Pakhuis

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We visited 't Pakhuis with a group of 30 persons. The place is a nice building with lots of space. They made a micro-brewery in the place. We got a guide who explained the making of the beers and the different processes. And ... we tasted all of them. I have to say ... great beers!
We also ate at this place. Food was ok, but not special.
Nice place to visit certainly if you like some 'homemade'-beer.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Came for the beer. Tried the "pub food". And wasn't disappointed with either. Was a bit noisy but that was to expect for a pub. With the construction in the area, this wasn't the easiest place to get to, but a little determination it wasn't that difficult. Recommended.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

It's a brewery that brews okay yet overpriced beer. It's spacious, so lots of room for (potentially loud) groups. The staff is friendly and professional enough for a pub setting. Too bad the food is so disappointing. Fries straight from the freezer. Salads served in a supposedly edible ice cream-esque wafer thing. Bland desserts. The meats are ok, but dear chef, pouring beer into your food doesn't make it special. Maybe try some love.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

First and last time. The experience was enough for me to say "never again".
I was with a group of colleagues from the job and we chose 't Pakhuis because it has a lot of space and the atmosphere is generally nice. We could choose only between 4 different dishes for a starter and for a main dish as a whole group. Nobody ordered first dish because it was either all or none with it(!) and we all got discouraged to do so since the first people who were asked didn't make any choice.
We had to wait almost 2 hours to get our food on the table and only after we complain several times for the time. There was no bread on the table and to order drinks we had to search for the waiters all the time. When the food was served the potatoes were forgotten to be served or the were served after 15-20 minutes making many people angry with cold dishes still waiting. People who ordered a steak had the worst experience since the steak was like a rubber and the portion was 2 bites(I m not exaggerating the meat was like 50gm and the salad next to it was just for decoration)
There was no manager present to complain!(?) and it was obvious that the staff working there wasn't enough for such a big place.
My advice: there are so nice restaurants in Antwerp. Don't go there, you ll regret it. Everything is frozen and cooked in a terrible way. The chef should be ashamed working there. This restaurant doesn't deserve to be open have customers-victims.

That's my first time I am writing any review for any place. I m still so angry and disappointed even after 1 week I had been there.

KristofVDOU V, Manager at Huisbrouwerij 't Pakhuis, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Sakis S

Today we received your review about your visit, I presume last Saturday 1st June?
We were all shocked about this review and the anger that you translated into words!
First I want to deeply apologise for such bad experience!

There a few reasons that made this Saturday a nightmare. A large group that was much to late for example. etc. Still there's no reason to justify your experience!

So therefore I wanted to react and let you know that we received your experience very well!
Again I apologise for this inconvenience.

Regards Kristof