“Lovely place hard to find.”

Huisbrouwerij 't Pakhuis
Reserve with
Huisbrouwerij 't Pakhuis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #184 of 1,439 Restaurants in Antwerp
Price range: US$11 - US$33
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The entire brewing process takes place on the spot. Installation and production methods can be compared to those in a common brewery, but as a visitor you can follow the complete brewing process and this offers you a special bonus. It's quite clear that we just serve beers brewed in our own brewery, without them being available anywhere else. Visiting "Home brewery 't Pakhuis" is always possible in small or large groups to have a drink, a delicious menu, a surprising buffet, guided tours in the brewery with tastings of the house beers.
Romford Essex
“Lovely place hard to find.”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Tucked away in a courtyard down an alley bit hard to find. We had a nice lunchtime snack and a pitcher of their special seasonal beer. Sorry but we drank it all and they wont be brewing any more. My wife doesn't normally drink beer but she loved it. So much so we went back for more the following day.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank holidayfan55

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great beers, welcoming atmosphere”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I love craft beers, so when we were in Antwerp we had to try out the only micro-brewery around. The beers were all fantastic. The snacks were great. The bar/restaurant was more modern and industrial than any other places we saw in Antwerp giving it a very American brew-pub feel. The bartender was very welcoming even though he wasn't confident in his English. We knew they offered English tours and that there would be a slim chance in having one without reservations but we did ask. The bartender seemed disappointed in telling us there wasn't one available that day like we expected and that it was b/c the manager/owner whose English is proficient was not there. We appreciated the sincerity though and enjoyed the beers!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Cindy F
Antwerp, Belgium
“Poor experience exept for dessert”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Altough the restaurant was pretty empty (on a fridaynight) the group was told not to choose more than 4 courses. The scampi starter was a real dissapointment, there was no seasoning at all on the scampi and the sauce based on their beer was pretty tasteless. This sauce was also used on the main dish wit scampi and with the fish. Main course was the flemish "stoofvlees". Strong heavy dark sauce with an awfull tast, the meat was tough and not soft like it supposed to be. Others had the rabbit, wich was ok, The wok with scampi had the same problem as the other scampi : no seasoning at all. Dessert were really nice, chocolat mousse with beer was good, tiramisu and the other dessert also. But all the desserts were served on the same way, same plate with same caramel/custard sauce on it. ther was really no effort to make it look nice.

For me : never again or it must be for a dessert only

• Visited November 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Beers in a brewery!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

't Pakhuis was my first destination on a recent trip to Antwerp. I caught tram #12 to the end of the line and after a short walk I arrived at this wonderful brewery. I did send an email to ask if I could take a tour of the brewery but was told that they only accepted groups of 15 or more on their tours.

Not to worry, I went straight to the bar and attempted to order a glass of beer. I had been practicing my Dutch but the lady behind the bar realised straight away I was English and told me to sit at a table where she gave me a menu. She then joked that all of the other customers currently in the brewery bar were also English - a table of 4 and a table of 2 English tourists who had all came here for the same thing - the wonderful beer.

So I ordered a glass of Blonde, swiftly followed by a glass of the stronger Bruin. I was free to walk around and take photos of the brewing machinery.

I arrived at the right time because soon a party of 30 Belgian pensioners entered the brewery. They didn't go on the brewery tour but had a tasting session and then proceeded to clear out the majority of the takeaway bottles of beer on offer. I paid my bill and was lucky enough to buy the last bottle of Bruin beer they had available.

As I left, another group of about 20 Belgian pensioners were about to enter the brewery. It seems this place is very popular, and it was only a Tuesday afternoon. I understand it gets a lot busier at the weekend.

Definitely worth a visit, especially if you want to buy some of the produce to take home with you.

• Visited October 2013
Antwerp, Belgium
“tasty beers, food ok”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We visited 't Pakhuis with a group of 30 persons. The place is a nice building with lots of space. They made a micro-brewery in the place. We got a guide who explained the making of the beers and the different processes. And ... we tasted all of them. I have to say ... great beers!
We also ate at this place. Food was ok, but not special.
Nice place to visit certainly if you like some 'homemade'-beer.

• Visited October 2013