“Antwerps Best !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of De Godevaart

De Godevaart
Reserve with
De Godevaart is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,410 Restaurants in Antwerp
Price range: US$54 - US$163
Cuisines: French, Belgian, European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Belgium
“Antwerps Best !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Without a doubt the best place in town for a special occasion !
The food is awaesome, the service friendly and accomodating.
This was my 5th visit to the Godevaart, but certainly not my last.

• Visited January 2012

antwerp, belgium
“Heaven on earth !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Words will fail to describe the godevaert, so I'll try to not say too much so you can discover it for yourselves.

What you see on your plate is .... not what it is, close your eyes and sample the pallet !

Wines were excellent and went great with all the plates, service discreet and very professional. The diners ... well.... hardly noticed them.

This is one of my favorite places, time it well, relax and enjoy.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank axel_antwerp
Antwerp, Belgium
“Michelin star quality food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

In Nov 2011, we had the 3-course Fall Menu in the Godevaart. We asked for a wine recommendation, which provided us with an excellent Barbera wine (2005) that matched perfectly with the different courses.

Amuse, starter, main dish and dessert were absolutely astonishing. The different tastes blended very well and the fresh-baked bread was the cherry on top of the meal. My Australian colleague, who has experienced 2-star Michelin meals before, was astonished by the quality of the food, given the price.

Service was nice: postponing our reservation with 45min was no problem and from the moment they noticed that we had a native english speaker, all communication was done in english by the different waitresses. Absolutely recommended: experience a star-like kitchen for only 35€/3 courses.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Ash_Antwerp
Antwerp, Belgium
“Fabulous food !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

The Godevaart is one of our favourite restaurants managed by a young, creative chef with a very nice wife . The food is delicious, with a "molecular" touch, a good balance of tastes. No culinary snobism as in some renowned restaurants but a down-to-earth kitchen...
The choice of wines is sometimes special but always well matched with the plates. It is possible to have assorted wines by half glasses !

• Visited January 2012
Houston, Texas
“Food that makes you smile!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

We were a bit hesitant with this restaurant since we've not always been impressed with 'molecular' cooking. However, we were glad we endured the cold weather the evening we'd booked (we took tram 10/11 which stops just round the corner, two minutes walk away) since we thoroughly enjoyed our experience; for the first time in longer than I can remember the food brought a genuine smile to my face as I tried to fathom the ingredients or how to recreate the textures and how the chef managed played with appearances, textures and tastes... Quite inspiring!

I had the five course surprise menu with accompanying wine arrangement; the wine selection was equally inspired! I really liked the gin selection too, the first time I've tasted Monkey 47.

An appreciated touch was a visit from the chef prior to us ordering to advise our selection and get a feel for our food preferences.

Not just a meal but a culinary experience that I'd certainly recommend, although ironically I'm not sure that we'll return soon as I'd be afraid that it would taint the memory of our first encounter?

It's not cheap, but for the quality it's certainly not expensive and if you want a memorable culinary experience then well worth making an evening of a visit here!