“Wonderful food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I arrived without a reservation and after the usual excited Italian discussion, punctuated with the whole spectrum of gesticulations, over the reservations book I was led to a good window table. The restaurant never completely filled and it always amuses me when this happens. Not here, but I have been to a completely empty restaurant where I was the only customer all night and have still had to endure the same rigmarole

Back to the Brusketta. A generous basket of soft bread and oil was already on the table whilst I made my choice.

The pasta (which arrived in an incredibly short time) was amazing, the creamy, eggy pasta that you get in Italy and, rarely anywhere else, and a decently sized portion and piping hot. A large bowl of Parmesan was already on the table, none of the waiter sprinkling on half a teaspoon rubbish.

The crème brulee (there goes the cholesterol level) was absolutely perfect, crisp top, superbly creamy and perfectly set..

Service was good, attentive and in the waiters third language - I struggle with a second

I would say that Brusketta is slightly on the expensive side (Euro 15.50 for Tagliatellie Fungi) but worth it for the taste.

Although the restaurant did not completely fill it is small, the tables are packed closely and so it, naturally, gets noisy. Not a problem for me but not conducive to a quiet, romantic dinner.

I'll be back before I leave Antwerp

Reviewed 31 March 2014

It's Friday evening and sudddenly you have more young adults in the house than expected...
One phone call and no problemo... we were expected at eight with eight.
No fuss, just friendly Italians mingling some words of Dutch with authentic Italian parole.
You feel immediately at ease. Every one could choose his or her own plate, which is great in such cosy little restaurant. The food? Good just as we would expect it. Fair prices and gentle service with an Italian twist. The free limoncello's were a nice surprise. Glad we came with our bycicles.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We've been there on numerous occasions and the food just kept getting better and better. Nice waiters,too..very friendly.But be sure to make a reservation: it gets full very quickly. Vast choice between pasta, meat or fish dishes...

Reviewed 14 August 2013

great food, great service and a good price.
a nice dining expirience and possibility to sit outside, inside a beatifull building.
best Italian of the city.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Go for it. This is an exceptional Italian restaurant in Antwerp. Sometimes the service is "too Italian" = we don't care about the customers.

1  Thank Marc D