“Food is average, arrogant service”
Review of Overvloed - CLOSED

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Some people in our group had today's special and relation price/quality was OK. I had gado gado which was peanut sauce with some vegetables and a some spring rolls. Not really worth the money. The woman that took the orders was rude and arrogant.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband and I have eaten in this delightful restaurant many times, sometimes just the two of us and sometimes with friends. I really think it is one of the best restaurants I have ever been too and it certainly offers the best choice of food in Antwerp for vegetarians. I do not understand the review about unfriendly staff because every time we have been there I have found the staff to be delightful, friendly and helpful (especially when translating the menu to English). The food manages to be perfectly cooked and tasty every time, even though they provide a variety of international dishes in one go. I have had Mexican, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese and Belgian here and they have all been DELICIOUS! In a country where there are way more more frituurs than health food shops it is easy to become used to eating deep fried food with a lack of vegetables but what I like about here is that you can get your steak and fries but you can also get tasty fish and filling vegetarian meals which are always huge and come with seasonal vegetables or salad. The diversity means you can visit with vegans, carnivores or fussy eaters and everyone can get something they want. The place is quite small, rustic and a little arty/studenty which adds to the appeal, there is also a fabulously well stocked bar below. Highly recommended. The food is totally amazing and you will not regret it!

2  Thank Sarah_Razza_Hall
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Food review: We had diner with friends to have a good vegetarian diner. The food was not special. 3 people of our group had the surprise veg menu. The soup was good, second was an Indian wrap: it was just some vegetables with cheese. Not very refined. One had the gado gado for main dish: this was also some vegetables put together with some pinda sauce. They added some loempias but I doubt if the were fresh.
Service review: the ambiance is nice. (a little chilly) The first dish was coming in time. So far no problems. We were having a nice time with our friends so at first we didn't notice but after one hour we still didn't have our main dish. When I asked about it I got a very rude answer.
Finale conclusion: I would not recommend it or go back.

1  Thank ILove2Travel69
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Restaurant Overvloed (located above café Zeezicht) offers one of the best local value-for-money ratios in the Zurenborg area. The food is of a reliable quality, and that's also the reason why many locals come there quite regularly. One tip though: if the weather permits, order inside but ask to be served outside on the café terrace. You'll have the true Dageraadplaats experience!

1  Thank pepperwhitechili
Reviewed 23 January 2009

Good varied menu, not too expensive and above a great bar. Very veg friendly - especially for Antwerp!

3  Thank KCVM