“Chinese food at its best”
Review of D.k.

D.k.
Ranked #522 of 1,439 Restaurants in Antwerp
Price range: US$37 - US$148
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Singapore
“Chinese food at its best”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Always make sure I dine at least once in this restaurant when I make a visit to Antwerp. The place is simple and nondescript, but the Chinese food is authentic and flavourful. The crispy duck is a must try.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Gabriel168

Brussels, Belgium
“authentic flavours”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

this resto, in the middle of the Chinese area of Antwerp gives you flavours that you don't find in other Chinese resto in Belgium : the lacquered, duck is a real delicatesse and also the other dishes were of high quality.don't expect something fancy, the quality of the food is here the most important ; a good sign, during our diner, several chinese people came in to have diner too.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank giritoninjo
Lenexa, Kansas
“Food quality is poor”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We do a lot of Chinese eating out here on this street, and the price you pay here in this little restaurant is not worth the quality of food. Dish sauces are dry, and you could tell the meat is not fresh. I don't expect it to be fresh straight from the butcher shop, but what I'm saying is that you could taste the awful old meat taste on the meat. Overall, the waitress was friendly. The price I pay for the food here, we could have got better service and quality of food across the street from another Chinese Restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank PickNeat
Antwerp, Belgium
“very good chinese food, service is not for the fancy people”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Third time we came here, we go here as they have a lot of vegetarian dishes, especially the fried tofu with salt and pepper is amazing. And even if you do not see a vegetarian starter that you like, they make you something fresh, what proves that everything is home made.
Order an assortment of starters and mains, that is the best way to do it.
But don't forget the desserts as they are also very good, the steamed buns with lotus flower are amazing as well as the fried ice cream.
The card offer a very large choice of classical and less classical ingredients, so if you dare try the less classical ones
The service is very good and very friendly like the people there but do not expect to be in a three star restaurant, that is not the essence of this place !
so enjoy when you go there and try the dishes out, you will go back

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank level2012
Alice Springs, Australia
“Wonderful real Chinese food - one of my favorites”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I love DK. It's one of the few places where you can get authentic Chinese food in Antwerp. I eat here at least once a month and I often come alone because a lot of friends don't know and appreciate the specific taste of Chinese cuisine.

When the food is this good, I don't mind the fluorescent lighting. It's cosy enough. And I don't care if the waitress doesn't smile at me. She does her job, she brings me the best food and unlimited free tea. I might even say, it actually adds to the atmosphere. It's a family business and I like how it kind of feels like you're in their home, even if they'd obviously rather watch TV than wait your table.

• Visited October 2011